Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-21-2010, 07:06 PM   #1
G.E.

Drives: black on black twenty ten ss/rs
double din screen kit?

I found website once that sold a kit for the camaro. anyone happen to know this site?
Old 10-21-2010, 07:07 PM   #2
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.E. View Post
I found website once that sold a kit for the camaro. anyone happen to know this site?
We sell it

http://***********.com/metra-double-din
Attached Images

Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.E. View Post

I have several of them in stock as well

http://********.com/Car-Audio-Produc...-Dash-Kit.html
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Old news sorry man. I know a guy that owns a stereo shop here in rocky mount NC can get you a good deal on one..pm me if you are interested

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:08 AM   #5
camarochris1974

Drives: 2010 camaro 1ss/rs sim
Send a message via AIM to camarochris1974
selling them on ebay double dim
camarochris1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:38 AM   #6
Go big or Go home

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Does anyone know if you lose any features when taking out the factory headunit? I was told from a stereo shop that did this replacement, they lost navigation, Onstar, etc.
Go big or Go home is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:39 AM   #7
SparksAI

Drives: 2004 GTO
With the metra double din kit you do not lose any factory functionality, onstar, heated seats, AC, are all still intact. If you have sat. radio, you will lose that because it is a function of the radio, it isn't anything that can be fixed with the dash kit. We still have the promo running for the free Metra kit with the Pioneer Z120 headunit. I am also working to get up additional specials for you guys that will at least offer a very large discount on the metra kit with the purchase of other double din kits.
SparksAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
booenson

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
I take it that the Metra kit will also retain all the car settings that are accessed by the radio, like the headlight off time, how the door locks function etc etc
booenson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:56 AM   #9
CamaroGeek

Drives: 2010
Yes and no. As delivered, the kit does not allow you to change the vehicle customization settings. You can buy an Axxess Display, which plugs into the kit and allows you to view the current status and make changes. You can find it on eBay among other places.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Axxes...fAudioQ5fVideo

The easier thing to do is to get the settings where you like them before removing the OE radio, and they will stay there.
CamaroGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 12:49 PM   #10
torresfebles

Drives: Camaro 2ss 2010
Camaro Geek, how does this axxess display work? where do you plug it into? I installed my Metra kit but did not turn off the Bluetooth. Therefore both the car and the new radio answer the call. This device might help me turn off the bluetooth. Correct? do i have to take out the radio to plug it in?
torresfebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #11
CamaroGeek

Drives: 2010
I don't think that the axxess display will help you with your BT problem. You need to unpair the car's BT from your phone, then it will not interfere with phone calls. You should be able to do that with voice commands - press the phone button on the steering wheel, say "Bluetooth", then follow the prompts to unpair. Saying "Help" might help you figure out how to do it. "Remove Phone" maybe? "Disconnect Phone"?

For other vehicle customization, there is a connector on the end of the interface that the Axxess display plugs into. Text will show up on the display and you can follow the menus much like you do with the OE radio.
CamaroGeek is offline   Reply With Quote