Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-27-2011, 08:21 PM   #1
Kwik

Drives: car
Help removing taillight bezels please.

Can somebody please walk me through removing the taillight bezels? Is it a difficult job? Thanks for any help.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:27 PM   #2
JAB
C_H_E_V_Y

Drives: Velocity Yellow C6 Z06
Really Quite Simple... Pop the 3 Retainers off each of the two plastic guard above the tail lights, Then there are two clips on the Top i believe one on the bottom and one on each side,( Of Each Chrome Bezel ) You haft to kind wedge your hand in there to get to the bottom one, Basically you just pop them inward so they can slide out ( look at the top ones and play around with that one first so you know how they need to be pressed in ) then just kinda wiggle em and adjust the clips till they come free.
When i did it the first time, The first one took me about 15 mins to get out then the rest took a minute a piece once i knew what to do.

Heritage Grill
Flat Black Full Body Stripes
Flat Black Tail Light Bezels
Flat Black Camaro Emblems
Flat Black / Red SS Emblems
Flat Black Side Markers
Chevy Bowtie Delete
Led Grill Lighting
Interior Led Lighting
Near Future ( 1'' Drop Springs, GFX and *headers,Xpipe and 3in catback with an CAI is on it way* Getting ready for the PROCHARGER
)
JAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Needle nose pliers.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:35 PM   #4
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Very easy. Remove the two black covers (above the lights) under the trunk lid. The 3 push retainers:

Name:  A20988-2T.jpg
Views: 446
Size:  13.0 KB

can be removed easily by prying up on the center piece. Run something under the center piece and pull it up. The top the cover can be removed once you pull the 3 retainers off. Push out on the upper chrome tabs that you can see. A gap will form on the top of the rings. Wedge the plastic tool or something similar (plastic won't scratch easily) into gap that forms between the lenses and chrome ring. Work it out little by little at the outer bottom corners. You can place blue painters tape on the painted bumper so that you don't scratch it.
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
wrbear
Banned

Drives: 2010, 2SS, IOM/CGM Stripes, 4/24/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAB View Post
Really Quite Simple... Pop the 3 Retainers off each of the two plastic guard above the tail lights, Then there are two clips on the Top i believe one on the bottom and one on each side,( Of Each Chrome Bezel ) You haft to kind wedge your hand in there to get to the bottom one, Basically you just pop them inward so they can slide out ( look at the top ones and play around with that one first so you know how they need to be pressed in ) then just kinda wiggle em and adjust the clips till they come free.
When i did it the first time, The first one took me about 15 mins to get out then the rest took a minute a piece once i knew what to do.

Dough.....
wrbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 09:08 PM   #6
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Here's a video that I looked at before I took mine off:

LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:00 AM   #7
Kwik

Drives: car
Hey Guys: Thanks for all of the help. I got them out. Video was great.