Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 11-08-2011, 08:27 AM   #29
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
not until a vast majority of the US has reliable high speed connections. Meaning, 20 + Mbps connection that doesn't go down once a month.
Right...That's why it would be called the "future" of gaming. I have a 10 mbps connection at my house right now and it runs OnLive just fine. I play OnLive over my old 802.11g router.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:25 AM   #30
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
The thing that is frustrating for me is that everything is getting geared towards online multiplayer gaming. Which I personally don't really like. I go online COD every once in a while, but I actually enjoy the single player campaigns on games. Seems like eventually that won't exist, and that makes me sad.
Old 11-08-2011, 10:43 AM   #31
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by wylde1 View Post
The thing that is frustrating for me is that everything is getting geared towards online multiplayer gaming. Which I personally don't really like. I go online COD every once in a while, but I actually enjoy the single player campaigns on games. Seems like eventually that won't exist, and that makes me sad.
I just hope it doesn't come to a state where if you don't have internet connection you can't play the game. Would annoy the crap out of me, as here in Iowa there will ALWAYS be days when snow/tornadoes/thunderstorms/angry cows bring down the internet.

Last edited by Brokinarrow; 11-08-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Brokinarrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 10:51 AM   #32
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Quote:
I just hope it doesn't come to state where if you don't have internet connection you can't play the game. Would annoy the crap out of me, as here in Iowa there will ALWAYS be days when snow/tornadoes/thunderstorms/angry cows bring down the internet.
Exactly. I just got 2 new games, Masters '12 and F1 2011, and the first thing they both do when you fire them up is connect to live, push you to go play on live and ask you if you want to go on with redeeming codes etc. it's annoying.
Old 11-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #33
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
I just hope it doesn't come to a state where if you don't have internet connection you can't play the game. Would annoy the crap out of me, as here in Iowa there will ALWAYS be days when snow/tornadoes/thunderstorms/angry cows bring down the internet.
Happened in PC world kinda as everyone has dropped bot play in games, forcing you to play online.

Bot play programing was the future of AI, just as it started to get good they drop it.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:23 PM   #34
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by wylde1 View Post
I agree with you here. I don't mind online play, I'm just not very good and can't keep up with all the people who hone their skills all day and night long. What upsets me is how short the story modes are. COD especially. Here's a game on a BluRay disc on PS3 and the story mode only takes a few hours to beat. They could put so much more into it.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 05:11 PM   #35
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
Hilarious. I have 2 friends who have had this happen twice. Other problem with XBOX is the numerous game hacks. Playstation for life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDood View Post
Xbox is great if you like red.

Old 11-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #36
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyIBMssRS View Post
I agree with you here. I don't mind online play, I'm just not very good and can't keep up with all the people who hone their skills all day and night long. What upsets me is how short the story modes are. COD especially. Here's a game on a BluRay disc on PS3 and the story mode only takes a few hours to beat. They could put so much more into it.
I RARELY play online. I get much more enjoyment playing the campaigns and going one on one against a friend at my house rather than playing online. I do agree that many of the campaigns are far shorter than they should be.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:45 PM   #37
Taintedveins
Shark attack!

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
Ahhh CNN is giving away the details now.

SONY is releasing a full service TV in 2012 that will be internet and their games, they are are the only licence holder for google TV.

I predicted this many years ago but thought microsoft would of seen this first.

An all in one TV/PC/Game system in one.
That is called a PC or a smart phone, or a tablet :P
Old 11-29-2011, 11:25 AM   #38
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taintedveins View Post
That is called a PC or a smart phone, or a tablet :P
with a 52" screen
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:46 AM   #39
Bangarang

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT SIM w/ Carbon Fiber
haha nobody has even mentioned the Wii U yet, though not too surprising 'cause Nintendo hasn't done too much in the past couple years. I'm interested in seeing how playing with that controller will be like. I won't be buying the Wii U 'til i try out that controller.

from what I heard about the "new" xbox it will just be an update, which I can agree with because when you look at games like MW3 and Skyrim the graphics are amazing so what's the point in releasing a new console that will make their originals obsolete?
Bangarang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:49 AM   #40
Devryn17
Suffers Fools Poorly

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, CGM w/ Silver Stripes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangarang View Post
haha nobody has even mentioned the Wii U yet, though not too surprising 'cause Nintendo hasn't done too much in the past couple years. I'm interested in seeing how playing with that controller will be like. I won't be buying the Wii U 'til i try out that controller.

from what I heard about the "new" xbox it will just be an update, which I can agree with because when you look at games like MW3 and Skyrim the graphics are amazing so what's the point in releasing a new console that will make their originals obsolete?
Really...Why not take Apples approach to "new" items. The iPhone became the iPhone 3G, then the 3GS, 4, and now the 4S. Nothing MAJOR changed and almost everything is still compatible through the line. Faster hardware, more memory, voila...Development costs would be less, and hell...Game consoles cost less than cell phones and iPads.

Momma didn't bronze my shoes, but when I turned 16 I inherited a lead foot.
Devryn17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:14 PM   #41
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle SS View Post
What's a ps3?
Xbox 369 ftw.
Xbox 369? i want one.

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:16 PM   #42
matthook

Drives: 2012 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by yzrider58 View Post
Hilarious. I have 2 friends who have had this happen twice. Other problem with XBOX is the numerous game hacks. Playstation for life!
Except xbox live doesnt go down for 3 weeks every other month

Team LFX Thread Link: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187109
Team LFX Group: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/group.php?groupid=306
matthook is offline   Reply With Quote