Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-26-2010, 11:21 AM   #29
SDCamaro10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon Hunter View Post
KMPrenger beat me to it. it's limited to the RPM's your looking for.
Yup, 4k. Already tested it. lol. I need to ditch my X-Pipe and get the resonated, or go back to H.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:23 AM   #30
Demon Hunter

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDCamaro10 View Post
Yup, 4k. Already tested it. lol. I need to ditch my X-Pipe and get the resonated, or go back to H.
Why is that? Not happy with the tone?
Old 10-26-2010, 11:27 AM   #31
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Why is that? Not happy with the tone?
No, love the tone, but want to experiment some more. I do get a little rasp here and there from it, and the x-pipe tones it down and smoothes it out. Hence why when we had both cars side by side, your's sounded a lot louder and deeper and mine more mellow. I'll def. be keeping this exhaust tho!
Old 10-26-2010, 11:43 AM   #32
Inuyashas_Brother

Drives: '10 Camaro LS - M6
Quote:
KMPrenger beat me to it. it's limited to the RPM's your looking for.
Ok, thanks. I have a manual and didn't know you can't rev past 4k in an Automatic.
Old 10-26-2010, 11:46 AM   #33
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
So demon, is the axle-back the only exhaust mod you have? (no headers, resonated X or anything like that right?) What about intake?

Oh, and is your car an automatic or manual?
Old 10-26-2010, 12:02 PM   #34
Demon Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
So demon, is the axle-back the only exhaust mod you have? (no headers, resonated X or anything like that right?) What about intake?

Oh, and is your car an automatic or manual?
It's Auto. So far the only mod is the axle-back. So that sound is 100% Gibson.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:05 PM   #35
Demon Hunter

Quote:
No, love the tone, but want to experiment some more. I do get a little rasp here and there from it, and the x-pipe tones it down and smoothes it out. Hence why when we had both cars side by side, your's sounded a lot louder and deeper and mine more mellow. I'll def. be keeping this exhaust tho!
Got it. You worried me there for a minute. lol. I'm going to be deleting the resonators and switching out the stock h-pipe for the magnaflow true x hopefully this week. Looking to make it louder and deeper and get a little better performance. Just waiting for Jonathon to get the parts in.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:44 PM   #36
KMPrenger

So I'm a bit confused from SDCamaro's posts. Just wanting to clear this up. You currently have a Magnaflow Tru X right? But your saying you still get some rasp? And to take care of that you'd like to remove it and put the stock H back on or get a resonated X? Is that all correct?

So in a post further down you state that with your Tru X your exhaust is more mellow than demon's.

So do you think your X is causing more rasp? Or is demons even more raspy than yours? (oh, and no it doesn't sound raspy, if much at all in the vids). If thats the case, then I'd say Demon would want to stay away from the Tru X.

I wonder what deleting the stock resonators might do for the tone...I'd be afraid to try it out. Might add raspiness.....but hey who knows! lol.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:23 PM   #37
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
So I'm a bit confused from SDCamaro's posts. Just wanting to clear this up. You currently have a Magnaflow Tru X right? But your saying you still get some rasp? And to take care of that you'd like to remove it and put the stock H back on or get a resonated X? Is that all correct? CORRECT

So in a post further down you state that with your Tru X your exhaust is more mellow than demon's. CORRECT

So do you think your X is causing more rasp? MAYBE Or is demons even more raspy than yours? NOPE (oh, and no it doesn't sound raspy, if much at all in the vids). If thats the case, then I'd say Demon would want to stay away from the Tru X.

I wonder what deleting the stock resonators might do for the tone...I'd be afraid to try it out. Might add raspiness.....but hey who knows! lol.
KMPrenger - Yes, I have the Magnaflow Tru-X. As widely stated, the tru-x does cause some rasp, not nearly as much as with my magnaflows. I would like to put my H-pipe back in and see what that does to the tone.

Demon Hunters car is all stock except the axle back and it sounds MEAN. I dont recall hearing much, if any, rasp on his at all.

Whereas my exhaust is about half as loud, more mellow. I believe this is because of the more free flowing Tru-X, could also be because of my Injen.

As far as the resonators go.. im curious about this as well, but i wouldnt do a delete. I would think about adding an aftermarket resonator instead. The MRT's are technically resonators, so if they make an exhaust sound like that, what would it do to the gibson?

I havent seen many with resonator deletes that sound good.. but with a chamber exhaust like gibson, it may sound alright.

Demon Hunter - Back to the x-pipe.. I think you should try it and see for yourself, but keep the stock h-pipe just in case. I want the rumble like you have so i think im going to experiment and put the h-pipe back in temporarily.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #38
Demon Hunter

Quote:
KMPrenger - Yes, I have the Magnaflow Tru-X. As widely stated, the tru-x does cause some rasp, not nearly as much as with my magnaflows. I would like to put my H-pipe back in and see what that does to the tone.

Demon Hunters car is all stock except the axle back and it sounds MEAN. I dont recall hearing much, if any, rasp on his at all.

Whereas my exhaust is about half as loud, more mellow. I believe this is because of the more free flowing Tru-X, could also be because of my Injen.

As far as the resonators go.. im curious about this as well, but i wouldnt do a delete. I would think about adding an aftermarket resonator instead. The MRT's are technically resonators, so if they make an exhaust sound like that, what would it do to the gibson?

I havent seen many with resonator deletes that sound good.. but with a chamber exhaust like gibson, it may sound alright.

Demon Hunter - Back to the x-pipe.. I think you should try it and see for yourself, but keep the stock h-pipe just in case. I want the rumble like you have so i think im going to experiment and put the h-pipe back in temporarily.
Hmmm.... You got me thinking maybe I should keep the H-pipe now.... Well, you don't know if you don't try I guess.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #39
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Hmmm.... You got me thinking maybe I should keep the H-pipe now.... Well, you don't know if you don't try I guess.
Absolutely. I think you should try it and see. I dont want to say, as a fact, that the x-pipe is the reason its more mellow. It could very well be the combination of that and the Injen. The injen will def change the tone of a stock exhaust as well so it's hard to tell unless some experimenting is done. You could try clamping the x-pipe on nice and tight, drive it for a while, and change back if you want. If you like the sound better, have it welded in place. Either way its a simple fix. I still love the sound, i just want to experiment.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #40
Demon Hunter

Yah, I'm just afraid now because I really love the exhaust note, I just want it a little louder.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #41
KMPrenger

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up for me! Let us know how it changes if/when you put the H back in.
Old 10-26-2010, 03:10 PM   #42
SDCamaro10

Quote:
Yah, I'm just afraid now because I really love the exhaust note, I just want it a little louder.
I would think that aftermarket resonators (AR25's??) might do the trick. The videos ive seen with resonators removed sounds tuner-ish. Of course this is really just my opinion.

I say try the x-pipe, and if you dont like it, take it off. You could sell it on here pretty quickly I would bet.