Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #323
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlietuna View Post
It will be my only one and I don't know why...... I just want the damn thing. I was reading a lot today..... A dangerous past time when it's slow at work..... Buff daddy's site says that you can use the bigger backing plate that's on the 21 on the 15 with no issue and vice versa. My biggest issue is weather to hire a pro to get it perfect or try to do it myself. I'm inclined to spend the money on quality stuff one time rather than be disappointed and buy the wrong stuff.

Same with the polish and pads ...... Where to start ......
Go with a Griot's 6'' for your first polisher or a PC, IMHO. Learn on that, because there are some instances of people doing damage with the huge throw of the Rupes. That thing can cut- a lot.

Do it yourself! Much more rewarding and not that hard.

Polishes and pads, you can't go wrong with the Optimum MF system and hyper polishes.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:17 AM   #324
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
I was in the same boat. After watching NUMEROUS YT vids on detailing, I figured i'd try my hand at it. It's really not hard, just time consuming. The clearcoat on this car isn't that hard and corrects fairly easily. Just take your time and go slow. The tried and true products work very well. Clay/speedy prep, 105/205, ONR, a good sealant, and good wax.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:18 AM   #325
ec1990

Drives: 2012 AGM SS
Do it yourself, learn the skill, you'll get the similar results, yes it may take longer but you get the knowledge. I'm in between recommending it over the Flex 3401, for upscale polishers I suppose you could call them, but I have no experience with either. But agreed with above I'd just stick with a Griot's at first.

I just think the Rupes has that want factor since it's the new and shiny, like Blackfire BlackIce.

Polishes just go either Menzerna FG400/SF4000/SF4500 or Optimum Hyper Compound/Hyper Polish.

Pads go microfiber, Meguiar's, Optimum, Buff and Shine (who make 70-80% of the foam pads you see out there)

I think the tried and true M105/205 just has a bit of a higher learning curve than other products.

Although HD's new Adapt which is a compound/polish all in one looks awesome.
ec1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #326
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
I've never been a big drinker and especially not a beer drinker. When I do drink it's typically a basic Jameson and coke or something with coke (crown, captain etc). But I've been going to yard house a lot with my buddies lately and trying two beers each time and there's been a few decent ones.

Spaten Oktoberfest, Anderson Valley Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout, Franziskaner Hefe-Dunkel so far are my favorites.

The worst I have tried was Rogue Dead Guy, worst thing I've ever had in my mouth (and I've had some questionable things in my mouth... don't judge me)
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #327
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
I've never been a big drinker and especially not a beer drinker. When I do drink it's typically a basic Jameson and coke or something with coke (crown, captain etc). But I've been going to yard house a lot with my buddies lately and trying two beers each time and there's been a few decent ones.

Spaten Oktoberfest, Anderson Valley Barney Flats Oatmeal Stout, Franziskaner Hefe-Dunkel so far are my favorites.

The worst I have tried was Rogue Dead Guy, worst thing I've ever had in my mouth (and I've had some questionable things in my mouth... don't judge me)
Haha!
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #328
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post

Worst I've ever had was Stroh's. My grandfather used to drink that by the case. He must've lost his taste buds in the war.

I really hate 99% of IPAs. They're pretty much undrinkable, with the lone exception of 400 Pound Monkey. Weird name ,awesome beer.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:59 PM   #329
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I really hate 99% of IPAs. They're pretty much undrinkable, with the lone exception of 400 Pound Monkey. Weird name ,awesome beer.
You'll come around, keep practicing

Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA was my "gateway beer," so to speak. Had one of those and the rest was history!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #330
otter

Drives: Eastbound and Down
Living in Wine Country, I perfer a nice Merlot, but when I do drink beer, I like to go local. Anchor Steam from San Francisco is my favorite. Great taste and great history.

I also love Lagunitas IPA. This is one of the beers that brought wide scale recgonition to IPA's.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:35 PM   #331
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by otter View Post
Living in Wine Country, I perfer a nice Merlot, but when I do drink beer, I like to go local. Anchor Steam from San Francisco is my favorite. Great taste and great history.

I also love Lagunitas IPA. This is one of the beers that brought wide scale recgonition to IPA's.
LOVE me some Lagunitas IPA! Too bad I can only get it when I get west of the Mississippi.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #332
otter

Drives: Eastbound and Down
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Adams View Post
LOVE me some Lagunitas IPA! Too bad I can only get it when I get west of the Mississippi.
Sonoma county, home to great wines and killer beers!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #333
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Quote:
Now you are talking about a fine IPA! Lagunitas sucks is one of my favs along with Flower Power IPA? I agree it is an acquired taste though, so if people are looking for a smoother IPA try All Day IPA by Founders.

Is it Friday yet?
Old 06-07-2013, 12:22 AM   #334
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
His headlights had the aftermarket halos. The cop thought they where red which is illegal but the halos are amber
Did he get out of it for explaining that they were amber?
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #335
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Since I am not of age I drink root beer! Lol
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:08 AM   #336
trm2

Drives: Model S, Vette, Volt & Equinox
Quote:
Isn't Colorado west of the Mississippi?
trm2 is offline   Reply With Quote