Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-15-2015, 02:24 PM   #15
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman1969 View Post
How is $6K off of MSRP not a good deal? Yes, it will get closer to 40 after taxes and various fees, but probably more like 39.5

Also, I see that apparently the same hate on auto's exist here that existed on the Vette forums. This will be my daily driver. Granted I am on only 8 miles from work, but there will occassions where I will need to drive up to DC and I am not going to sit in our traffic riding a Manual.

Sure if it was my weekend warrior, I would be all over a manual. But that isn't the case.
Because I've seen actual 1LE's go for that price.

You're right, there is a lot of hate on automatics on this forum, and for good reason. A detuned motor, active fuel management, no 1LE option, no NPP option - they take a lot more work post-factory to look good and perform well. That's the reason why I bought a manual - it was the only way I could get the full Camaro experience.

I don't see what the "sitting in traffic in a manual" argument is. It is no more difficult and I commute in the Philadelphia area every day. You get an overall much better car. IMO if you're going with the L99 just buy a base 2SS, you can get them in the low 30's. You asked if $37,500 was a good deal for that car. I don't think it is. That's a lot of money.
Old 06-15-2015, 03:18 PM   #16
Sandman1969

Drives: 2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
You're right, there is a lot of hate on automatics on this forum, and for good reason. A detuned motor, active fuel management, no 1LE option, no NPP option - they take a lot more work post-factory to look good and perform well. That's the reason why I bought a manual - it was the only way I could get the full Camaro experience.

I don't see what the "sitting in traffic in a manual" argument is. It is no more difficult and I commute in the Philadelphia area every day. You get an overall much better car. IMO if you're going with the L99 just buy a base 2SS, you can get them in the low 30's. You asked if $37,500 was a good deal for that car. I don't think it is. That's a lot of money.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that is fine. Everyone has one. Luckily, we are all free to our own.

I personally don't care for the matte black hood or the Black ZL1 wheels.
The 2SS/RS looks bad ass to me.

Also, I wouldn't want Summer tires or have to worry about having a second set for the winter. The stock exhaust sound fine to me and if I wanted to go with another exhaust I could always add an aftermarket setup in the future.

Really the only thing I would want from the 1LE package is the suspension.

Seeing that I am looking at a price 6k under MSRP and now should get another 1k off of that thanks to Andoskyy. I think that is a good price.

I don't want base. I want RS, NAV, maybe Sunroof and possibly 1LE suspension.

The L99 may be down tuned but it isn't hard to bump that up a bit. Not that I am worried about modding it cept for maybe CAI and exhaust. Plenty of get up and go for me.

I guess you are different than me. I don't like sitting in traffic holding a clutch in. Commute can easily be 2+ hours. DC is in the top 10 worse traffic areas in the nation and after they finished the hot lanes, it is actually worse. Go figure.

2015 2SS Red Hot Adrenaline
Sandman1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 04:20 PM   #17
demgainz

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Excuse my ignorance, but how do you know if you have a 1LE or not? I just picked up a 2013 2SS 426hp V8 and don't know much about these cars yet.

Edit - nevermind, I just read 1LE comes in manual only. I have the automatic with the paddle shifters on my steering wheel.
demgainz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 04:55 PM   #18
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that is fine. Everyone has one. Luckily, we are all free to our own.

Also, I wouldn't want Summer tires or have to worry about having a second set for the winter. The stock exhaust sound fine to me and if I wanted to go with another exhaust I could always add an aftermarket setup in the future.

Seeing that I am looking at a price 6k under MSRP and now should get another 1k off of that thanks to Andoskyy. I think that is a good price.

The L99 may be down tuned but it isn't hard to bump that up a bit. Not that I am worried about modding it cept for maybe CAI and exhaust. Plenty of get up and go for me.

I guess you are different than me. I don't like sitting in traffic holding a clutch in. Commute can easily be 2+ hours. DC is in the top 10 worse traffic areas in the nation and after they finished the hot lanes, it is actually worse. Go figure.

If you don't mind red hot, then I own the car that you are looking for! Take my advice, make sure you get one with the Recaro seats. They are the best seats I've ever sat in. If I had to replace my car today I wouldn't accept one without Recaros. Manual/Auto ... who cares? It's your money, buy what you want. I got an auto so my wife could drive it, and because I've owned manuals and they suck in traffic. If I wanted a race car, I woulda bought a Vette.
Old 06-15-2015, 06:37 PM   #19
Sandman1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by demgainz View Post
Excuse my ignorance, but how do you know if you have a 1LE or not? I just picked up a 2013 2SS 426hp V8 and don't know much about these cars yet.

Edit - nevermind, I just read 1LE comes in manual only. I have the automatic with the paddle shifters on my steering wheel.
Yeah you have the L99 which has 400hp not 426hp which is the LS3. It's possible to have the 1LE suspension on the auto but not the full 1LE performance package which includes the suspension, ZL1 wheels with Goodyear summer tires and a different front and rear spoiler along with a flat black hood.

Old 06-15-2015, 07:00 PM   #20
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Might want to wait till after summer and the 6th gen starts to go on sale ?
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:10 PM   #21
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Yeah you have the L99 which has 400hp not 426hp which is the LS3. It's possible to have the 1LE suspension on the auto but not the full 1LE performance package which includes the suspension, ZL1 wheels with Goodyear summer tires and a different front and rear spoiler along with a flat black hood.
Quote:

The deal youre getting is bad dont try to justify it. OH and
1le is alot more than some rims and suspension its the best package for the money available.

just a quick run down from another forum member:

Summary:
$2,600 in suspension parts
$2,100 for rear diff and axles
$4,700 in wheels and tires
$4,000 in transmission
$13,400 in parts, not including aero (front splitter, rear spoiler) or interior (suede steering wheel and shifter), zl1 fuel pump, oil catch can, trans and oil coolers, hood wrap, tax, shipping or labor.

just suck it up and buy a real 1le
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:39 PM   #22
Ruebernard

Drives: 2017 GRT 2SS/RS M6 Vert
OP just buy what makes you happy. Keep in mind that everyone here is not going to be making the payments...you are. It was once said "Opinions are like a$$ho1e$ everyone has one and they all stink!" Don't get hung up on labels/designations/badges. Get what you think is a good deal...and if you think it is, then go for it. If you're trying to get this forum to help you make up your mind, then I think you yourself are questioning the deal.
Happy motoring whatever you decide.
Old 06-15-2015, 08:48 PM   #23
Sandman1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
The deal youre getting is bad dont try to justify it. OH and
1le is alot more than some rims and suspension its the best package for the money available.

just a quick run down from another forum member:

Summary:
$2,600 in suspension parts
$2,100 for rear diff and axles
$4,700 in wheels and tires
$4,000 in transmission
$13,400 in parts, not including aero (front splitter, rear spoiler) or interior (suede steering wheel and shifter), zl1 fuel pump, oil catch can, trans and oil coolers, hood wrap, tax, shipping or labor.

just suck it up and buy a real 1le
Oh, boy...

No I will not "Suck it up" and will not be pushed to buy what I do not want. Unless you are going to make the payments for me. I am getting a 2SS RS with the AUTO MATIC. If I can find and if I want to add the suspension I will. I could deal with a little tighter suspension that hugs a little better.

I am not sure where those numbers come from, but if you think Chevy is giving away 13.4K in parts for 3.5K... Maybe if you were building a car that didn't have wheels, didn't have a transmission.
Yes i know it has more than what I mentioned, but I don't want the manual which means I am not looking for the gears that go with it.

I still don't understand how a 44,435 MSRP and getting for 36.7 isn't a decent deal. I guess they give them away where you are because it isn't a 1LE.

I would like to see what others are finding with what I am looking at getting.

2SS / RS With NAV, Polished Wheels, Maybe a Sunroof, but thinking I can go without that this time and if possible the 1LE SUSPENSION package.

Old 06-15-2015, 08:53 PM   #24
Sandman1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruebernard View Post
OP just buy what makes you happy. Keep in mind that everyone here is not going to be making the payments...you are. It was once said "Opinions are like a$$ho1e$ everyone has one and they all stink!" Don't get hung up on labels/designations/badges. Get what you think is a good deal...and if you think it is, then go for it. If you're trying to get this forum to help you make up your mind, then I think you yourself are questioning the deal.
Happy motoring whatever you decide.
Thanks man. Yeah I am going to buy what I want. I wasn't even looking at the 1LE suspension package at all, until I found a dealership which is a little further away which had it in Red Hot. Not my favorite Red, but the more I look at it the more I like it.

I posted this mainly to see what others were getting with the same sort of build. I am taking my time, talking with about 5 dealerships and going to find the best deal that will work for me. Now I have the added bonus of a Private Offer to add onto any deal I do get, which will make it even sweeter.

As others mentioned it would be best to wait closer to the 2016 release, but I have a feeling it would be tougher to find the color I want. Heck there are only a couple Red ones within a 50 or 60 mile radius from me. Mostly Blacks and Grays

Old 06-15-2015, 08:58 PM   #25
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:

All V8's come with summer only tires. You will have to buy a second set regardless if you want a V8, auto or manual, any trim level. The F1's on the 1LE are even worse than the PZero's.

You will rip off those stock garbage cans ASAP. Don't forget, they put that huge resonator on the L99's to tune out the 4 cylinder drone of active fuel management. Again, everything is just a bit more work on the L99.

I still say that's a high price for an automatic 2SS. You can get something very similar for 32-34k if you look around enough. You're going to spend 40 grand after taxes and it's not even the color you want. I feel like you have an itchy trigger finger. If you really want it, get it, but why not wait for what you REALLY want?

Who sits in traffic holding in a clutch? These cars have an electronic throttle body. They won't let you stall once you get going. You can ride the brake without ever touching the clutch and it'll keep plowing along. It'll only stall if you come to a complete stop. You don't sit with the clutch in, you put it in neutral. It really is easy.

Quote:
Oh, boy...

No I will not "Suck it up" and will not be pushed to buy what I do not want. Unless you are going to make the payments for me. I am getting a 2SS RS with the AUTO MATIC. If I can find and if I want to add the suspension I will. I could deal with a little tighter suspension that hugs a little better.

I am not sure where those numbers come from, but if you think Chevy is giving away 13.4K in parts for 3.5K... Maybe if you were building a car that didn't have wheels, didn't have a transmission.
Yes i know it has more than what I mentioned, but I don't want the manual which means I am not looking for the gears that go with it.

I still don't understand how a 44,435 MSRP and getting for 36.7 isn't a decent deal. I guess they give them away where you are because it isn't a 1LE.

I would like to see what others are finding with what I am looking at getting.

2SS / RS With NAV, Polished Wheels, Maybe a Sunroof, but thinking I can go without that this time and if possible the 1LE SUSPENSION package.
Clearly you came on here searching for validation. It's not a good deal. It doesn't matter what the MSRP is because similar cars have gone for cheaper. MSRP is meaningless - look what they actually sell for. A real 1LE can be had for that price. This is less than a real 1LE, so you should pay less. If you can get it for 33K it's probably a good deal. At 37K it isn't. If it is what you really want, then spend the money. Just know you're paying more to not wait.
Old 06-15-2015, 10:48 PM   #26
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
All V8's come with summer only tires. You will have to buy a second set regardless if you want a V8, auto or manual, any trim level. The F1's on the 1LE are even worse than the PZero's.

You will rip off those stock garbage cans ASAP. Don't forget, they put that huge resonator on the L99's to tune out the 4 cylinder drone of active fuel management. Again, everything is just a bit more work on the L99.

I still say that's a high price for an automatic 2SS. You can get something very similar for 32-34k if you look around enough. You're going to spend 40 grand after taxes and it's not even the color you want. I feel like you have an itchy trigger finger. If you really want it, get it, but why not wait for what you REALLY want?

Who sits in traffic holding in a clutch? These cars have an electronic throttle body. They won't let you stall once you get going. You can ride the brake without ever touching the clutch and it'll keep plowing along. It'll only stall if you come to a complete stop. You don't sit with the clutch in, you put it in neutral. It really is easy.

Clearly you came on here searching for validation. It's not a good deal. It doesn't matter what the MSRP is because similar cars have gone for cheaper. MSRP is meaningless - look what they actually sell for. A real 1LE can be had for that price. This is less than a real 1LE, so you should pay less. If you can get it for 33K it's probably a good deal. At 37K it isn't. If it is what you really want, then spend the money. Just know you're paying more to not wait.

Dont waste your time with him Choco hes acting like a complete douche while were trying to save him from getting bent over. He doesnt get hit so let him make his own mistakes no point in arguing with someone who doesnt want to listen.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:26 PM   #27
Sandman1969

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
Dont waste your time with him Choco hes acting like a complete douche while were trying to save him from getting bent over. He doesnt get hit so let him make his own mistakes no point in arguing with someone who doesnt want to listen.
How am I the douche? The first few posts were telling me what I wanted isn't a good car and I shouldn't consider getting it. And having the transmission I want bashed and ridiculed.

I stated what I wanted, showed a deal that was about 6k under MSRP and i am working on them to get it down some more. I am hoping 35-36K, and then the additional 1K off.

Chico's last post was actually somewhat helpful compared to the others because it actually started saying what I could get on the car I wanted, not on the car that everyone else wants.

I am not in a hurry. Well not too much of a hurry. Hopefully, can get something figured out before the Private Offer expires.

Also, it is one of the colors I am looking for. Any of the Red would work.

Old 07-04-2015, 09:51 PM   #28
brian O

Drives: 2014 2ss spring special edition
Quote:
I am looking for a 2SS with
RS
1LE Suspension
NAV
In Crystal Red.

I have found one, a little further away. About 60 miles away in Red Hot for 37,608. With what I was going to get with the other dealership that added the Sunroof but didn't have the Suspension and it was about the same price, this seems like a real good deal, to me.

I think I would be fine with the Red Hot, especially since there doesn't seem to be as many of them around. Although, she is looking for a CRT.
If you like rare color combinations Topahannak chevy has a 2014 certified ss 2SS convertable with fully loaded crystal red tintcoat with beige top and interior ( rare color combo) only 4500 miles they are asking 35400 you can talk them down a bit.
brian O is offline   Reply With Quote