Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 12-09-2010, 04:00 AM   #99
Reprobate
MR YUK

Drives: MR YUK '11 ls SGM
Congratulations Orange Krate he looks sweet! I thought it might be a miscarriage for a minute.
Maybe get them to paint a few items inside the engine compartment as well as the license plate holder for the circumcision on that poor bumper.

Waiting for our cars to arrive reminds me of poker- countless time spent in complete boredom punctuated by sickening horror.
Reprobate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:07 AM   #100
senadin

Drives: 2011 IBM Camaro M6 LT RS
Gorgeous car! I guess you beat me to the line! Dealer called tonite and i was at work and couldnt answer.... when i called back it was too late. I actually drove to my dealer tonite after work and obviously everyone was gone....

But...

There was a tractor trailer who was unloading some vehicles!! The guy wasnt around or else i would have asked him if he dropped off an IBM LT RS...

Now i cant sleep! Put more pics of your car, that color is sweet as hell!

Btw, you need to change that "Coming soon"! =D
senadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:48 AM   #101
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Glad to see you got to spend a few moments with your new born SON........Treat him well and he will grant you with the same kindness.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:33 AM   #102
andredmg
Big Nasty

Drives: Chevys lots of em
Congrats on the new addition to your family. Its a boy huh and already goin under the knife (these kids now a days with all their plastic surgery) lol. The future motor work sounds good too, I say do it (where is my cigar?).
andredmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:02 AM   #103
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Congratulations Orange Krate !!

Glad you have your newborn with you.

One item that you may (or may not) know about is that the computer operates based on input, therefore to get optimal performance you may want/need to drive you new baby pretty aggressively right from the start. Members that did not complained of poor performance, other members ...uh, yeah, other members ran their cars hard right off the lot and the performance was impressive.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:30 AM   #104
SwedeandBlondie

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS L99 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post

One item that you may (or may not) know about is that the computer operates based on input, therefore to get optimal performance you may want/need to drive you new baby pretty aggressively right from the start. Members that did not complained of poor performance, other members ...uh, yeah, other members ran their cars hard right off the lot and the performance was impressive.

Awesome pics 'Krate! Looking forward to seeing it with the body kit installed!
2009 HD Street Glide
2005 HD Fatboy
SwedeandBlondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:56 AM   #105
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
CONGRATULATIONS!!! She's a gorgeous car. Can't wait to see more pics. Great color choice!!!
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #106
aarpdlnkqnt

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 6AT Summit White Camaro
And ghost flames, painted by the dealer? OMG! They must have some pretty sharp painters out there!
aarpdlnkqnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:50 PM   #107
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by aarpdlnkqnt View Post
And ghost flames, painted by the dealer? OMG! They must have some pretty sharp painters out there!
No Ghost flames and no dealer painting graphics...

They will be GHOST stripes... not so obvious stripes because they will be done in an orange/gold pearl. I am looking at various painters now and have found a custom painter in San Fernando who has an impeccable reputation and over 30 years experience in same location. In fact I use to deliver sheet metal parts to him over 30 years ago when I worked for a Chevy dealership for a year.

Simi Valley, CA
email: orangekrate2011@yahoo.com
Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #108
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

GFX painted and drying tonight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Unique4U View Post
CONGRATULATIONS!!! She's a gorgeous car. Can't wait to see more pics. Great color choice!!!
Thanks 2Unique4U/Blake! I love the IOM the minute I saw it. BTW... here are two more photos to add to my documentation collection. The salesman, Dave, has been running out and snapping pics for me since I am at work trying to make a buck to pay for Orange Krate's enhancements!

This is a shot of the base coat after the primer, and then the clear coat. This was shot in the heated booth. These puppies should be ready to hang on the car tomorrow. We shall see. A trip to the Credit Union tomorrow, a cut check, and this baby is in my GARAGE and home to Daddy!!! Whose your Daddy!

Attached Images

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-09-2010, 10:03 PM   #109
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:

Thanks Speedster!! Being the old paramedic that I am, and fireman that I once was... I fully understand where this is going! LOL I keep trying to tell my wife about the movie "Vanishing Point" (A Mopar owner's dream) but she is too young to remember that movie!!! I am going to rent it and let her watch it AFTER Orange Krate comes home! I can hear her now... "GREAT!!!!" (In a sarcastic tone) My reply..."It is better to burn out then to rust out."

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-09-2010, 10:08 PM   #110
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Thanks Speedster!! Being the old paramedic that I am, and fireman that I once was... I fully understand where this is going! LOL I keep trying to tell my wife about the movie "Vanishing Point" (A Mopar owner's dream) but she is too young to remember that movie!!! I am going to rent it and let her watch it AFTER Orange Krate comes home! I can hear her now... "GREAT!!!!" (In a sarcastic tone) My reply..."It is better to burn out then to rust out."

Oh yeah - Vanishing Point. Good flick. Some other good ones - Bullit, Gumball Rally, Dirty Mary & Crazy Larry, LeMans, Gone in 60 Seconds...
and the new feature film "Orange Krate takes Simi Valley"
Old 12-09-2010, 11:01 PM   #111
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Quote:
Oh yeah - Vanishing Point. Good flick. Some other good ones - Bullit, Gumball Rally, Dirty Mary & Crazy Larry, LeMans, Gone in 60 Seconds...
and the new feature film "Orange Krate takes Simi Valley"

HA HA... Buy line..."Leaving seeds and juice wherever he goes!!!"

Simi Valley, CA
Old 12-10-2010, 01:18 AM   #112
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Krate View Post
Thanks 2Unique4U/Blake! I love the IOM the minute I saw it. BTW... here are two more photos to add to my documentation collection. The salesman, Dave, has been running out and snapping pics for me since I am at work trying to make a buck to pay for Orange Krate's enhancements!

This is a shot of the base coat after the primer, and then the clear coat. This was shot in the heated booth. These puppies should be ready to hang on the car tomorrow. We shall see. A trip to the Credit Union tomorrow, a cut check, and this baby is in my GARAGE and home to Daddy!!! Whose your Daddy!

Jealous I am! I can't wait till I get the ground effects package
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote