Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 09-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #1
ApexedSS

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
Hi flo cats in SCV or LA area

I have an LS3 with a CAI and Borla S type Catback. I like the tone, but its kinda weird how at 3500 rpm to 5000 rpm if i let off the gas it seems to be pretty quiet. With more RPM under light throttle, the sound just doesn't scream like a muscle car should.

I Just want it to be louder in cabin and outside. Would the Hi Flo cats do the trick? Anyone out here got some i could listen to? Not in the market for long tubes. Thanks!
ApexedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
It is louder and sounds good.I have shorties also. though but they are only a little louder and deeper by themselves. No vids though sorry
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #3
ApexedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VR Baron View Post
It is louder and sounds good.I have shorties also. though but they are only a little louder and deeper by themselves. No vids though sorry
louder to where ill be satisfied with in cabin volume? I hate how the people outside my car get to hear the amazing sound of a V8 and all i can hear is a quiet rumble. I mean its MY CAR not theirs!
Old 09-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #4
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexedSS View Post
louder to where ill be satisfied with in cabin volume? I hate how the people outside my car get to hear the amazing sound of a V8 and all i can hear is a quiet rumble. I mean its MY CAR not theirs!
Yeah I know, hard to get the right sound level when its more quiet in the car. Its good. I had to add the resonated x pipe to make it deeper and less raspy, and more quiet with the hi flows and outlaw mufflers as was to loud for me, but would like something right in the middle of the two. Thats hard to do! No you will like them, you can hear them just driving normallyat about 2000 on up around town and in traffic, and when you get on it from 2500 on up they are loud. Check out search and you will get other write ups. Neighbors said sounded great with the outlaws but I had alot of decel and wanted it more tame
Old 09-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #5
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
You could always just go with LT's that would probably get you the sound you're looking for

I myself, have high-flow cats, but I'm running a Magnaflow system. with the high-flow's it did make it louder inside the cabin, but not to where I have to cover my ears.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
ApexedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post
You could always just go with LT's that would probably get you the sound you're looking for

I myself, have high-flow cats, but I'm running a Magnaflow system. with the high-flow's it did make it louder inside the cabin, but not to where I have to cover my ears.
Ok cool! need just a little more in cabin sound. The hp increase is a plus too Just ordered! We'll see what happens
Old 09-25-2013, 05:47 PM   #7
TrojanRay2418

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
apex i just removed my JBA high flow cats. with a cai. n i live right here in sylmar. too little too late. i have a muffler delete with 5 inch tips right now n it is fairly loud. but when i did have hf cats n intake in addition to my current set up whoa baby. set off quite a few car alarms. imo an awesome alternative to long tubes without having to tune.
TrojanRay2418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 06:03 PM   #8
ApexedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanRay2418 View Post
apex i just removed my JBA high flow cats. with a cai. n i live right here in sylmar. too little too late. i have a muffler delete with 5 inch tips right now n it is fairly loud. but when i did have hf cats n intake in addition to my current set up whoa baby. set off quite a few car alarms. imo an awesome alternative to long tubes without having to tune.
Ahh man! Haha woulda loved to hear it! Did you throw a CEL with the JBAs?
Old 09-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #9
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Quote:
And I have shorties and a tune, with no res x pipe I set off some alarms also...lol
Old 09-25-2013, 11:55 PM   #10
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Go no cats might as well get long tubes and a tune while you are at it hehe
Old 10-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #11
sscamaro89
2Ss89

Drives: 2ss/Bumblee Bee
Quote:
hey bro im right here in the san fernando valley did u ever have ne trouble with cops. i do want the high flow cats but debating wether to say fck it and just go long tubes.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #12
ApexedSS

Just installed myself the other day and I absolutely LOVE IT. It was exactly the loudness I was looking for with the Borla S type. Definitely how the Camaro should have came stock. Kinda funny out Camaros have 4 cats stock and mustangs have 2. Ohh well....

And I can totally feel the increase in power too. The thing just pulls and pulls now. Better throttle response and seems like more torque in the 2500 rpm range and up.