Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #29
SSrulz
Irocz & zhawks daughter

Drives: dont have a car
*shakes head*
im srry but this is about trucks not spelling problems
:flag1: :seesaw: :
SSrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:09 PM   #30
Zhawk
Iroc's Love Slave

Drives: 3 Camaros, 1 Vette, a Buick, & a 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
im having a hard time reading what you said, many words are left out.

Lets learn?
Working my payment?
Mabey?
Really? That's the BEST you can do?
I must assume the internet and cell phone messaging must give you massive headaches.

OK, so she made a couple of mistakes in her posts. BFFD.
Just so you know she is an A/B student, and tutors her friends at times. Now, calm down and read about the ideas.

As to the idea behind this whole thread.
I want her to know how to work on vehicles and appreciate what she gets. The deal for her is the same as our son got. I pay upfront and they owe half the purchase price. Then they pay for parts. We work on it together as family time. She learns and I get to spend time with my family.
With all that I am going through, a little family time working on things we all enjoy is what I really want.

Has anyone seen my sanity? I am hiding from it and don't want it sneaking up on me!
Zhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:15 PM   #31
Zhawk
Iroc's Love Slave

Quote:
im sorry.... but you spelled issues wrong too
What's wrong with you?
Oh, I guess you have never made a mistake in your life! When do we have to start genuflecting and worshiping?

Has anyone seen my sanity? I am hiding from it and don't want it sneaking up on me!
Old 02-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #32
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhawk View Post
Really? That's the BEST you can do?
I must assume the internet and cell phone messaging must give you massive headaches.

OK, so she made a couple of mistakes in her posts. BFFD.
Just so you know she is an A/B student, and tutors her friends at times. Now, calm down and read about the ideas.

As to the idea behind this whole thread.
I want her to know how to work on vehicles and appreciate what she gets. The deal for her is the same as our son got. I pay upfront and they owe half the purchase price. Then they pay for parts. We work on it together as family time. She learns and I get to spend time with my family.
With all that I am going through, a little family time working on things we all enjoy is what I really want.

cell phones don't give me any headaches at all actually most have autocorrect, and most internet forums like this one puts a red squiggly mark under a misspelled word so a person can correct it.

I was not attacking anyone, just pointing out i had a hard time reading what your son said because some important words to complete the sentence were left out

But, back to the point of this thread. I think thats a great idea to work on cars with the family. I wish I would have had time like that with my dad. So, I can respect that, and its a great idea. I just think a real job differs from family work. after school, after work, weekends are a perfect time to be with the family and work on anything. I mean how are they going to pay for these parts without a job? work it off from you guys?
Old 02-05-2012, 04:33 PM   #33
Zhawk
Iroc's Love Slave

Quote:
cell phones don't give me any headaches at all actually most have autocorrect, and most internet forums like this one puts a red squiggly mark under a misspelled word so a person can correct it.

But, back to the point of this thread. I think thats a great idea to work on cars with the family. I wish I would have had time like that with my dad. So, I can respect that, and its a great idea. I just think a real job differs from family work. I mean how are they going to pay for these parts without a job? work it off from you guys?
Well, please, understand that not everyone has those set up and don't always catch that. But, if you want to let it all go, I am more than willing to.

She has a part time job working at a horse stables, she hauls parts at swap meets, and she does final detailing at car shows. Family chores do not earn anything special from us but, things like cleaning up from the recent storm and helping neighbors do. Trust me, by the time she has title to a vehicle she is going to understand the meaning of a dollar.

Just as an example, she wanted a 3DS for her birthday. I was more than I wanted was willing to spend at the time so, she offered up half the price.
Guys, I grew up dirt poor. I want my kids to appreciate what they have in life and usually, I think they do.

I love my family, more than most people can realize. I want them to have a better life than I have but to know what it takes to have that life.

Old 02-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #34
Zhawk
Iroc's Love Slave

Quote:
I was not attacking anyone, just pointing out i had a hard time reading what your son said because some important words to complete the sentence were left out
Oh, and it's our DAUGHTER that we are talking about. lol

Our son already has a 57 Chevy C20 flatbed. He owes me $3000 for it right now. Partly because of his grades.

(We really need to get out and rewire that thing.)

Old 02-05-2012, 05:45 PM   #35
dolt45
Glorious Ignoramus

Drives: SS 45th
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSrulz View Post

well..... i may be only be 13 but that gives me about 3 years to work on the truck and lets learn how to work a 3 on the tree.
and i plan on working my payment of the car,
it teaches me responsiblity.....Mabey

GAKKK! Too many emoticons!

But I like the rest of it.

Disclaimer: I really have no idea WTF I'm talking about.
dolt45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #36
duffman

Drives: 67 firebird
Quote:

Lets learn?
Working my payment?
Mabey?
lol grammer nazi
duffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #37
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSrulz View Post

well..... i may be only be 13 but that gives me about 3 years to work on the truck and lets learn how to work a 3 on the tree.
and i plan on working my payment of the car,
it teaches me responsiblity.....Mabey

Just a thing to think about, not many places hire 13 year olds. I'm sure you could find a job, but not one that will allow you to pay off your truck anytime soon.

My first car was/is a 10 year old hand-me-down. I never had to pay car payments since it was payed off but man is it a gas guzzler! And only I pay for gas. And I saved up every pay check, and birthday money I got just so I could buy gas to go places.

Just trust me when I say this, 13 is too young to have to worry about paying off a car. Don't be in such a rush to grow up.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #38
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:

Lets learn?
Working my payment?
Mabey?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post

Just a thing to think about, not many places hire 13 year olds. I'm sure you could find a job, but not one that will allow you to pay off your truck anytime soon.

My first car was/is a 10 year old hand-me-down. I never had to pay car payments since it was payed off but man is it a gas guzzler! And only I pay for gas. And I saved up every pay check, and birthday money I got just so I could buy gas to go places.

Just trust me when I say this, 13 is too young to have to worry about paying off a car. Don't be in such a rush to grow up.
OK people are forgetting or not getting the point.
IF SHE GETS ALL As/Bs for a Full semester in school then the truck is hers free & CLEAR no payments. if not then she doesnt have to pay for the truck until shes a SR in high school its not that we are going to force her to get a job & pay for something she cant drive until shes old enough.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #39
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
OK people are forgetting or not getting the point.
IF SHE GETS ALL As/Bs for a Full semester in school then the truck is hers free & CLEAR no payments. if not then she doesnt have to pay for the truck until shes a SR in high school its not that we are going to force her to get a job & pay for something she cant drive until shes old enough.

You asked what we thought. I know some people are going over board, but you did ask what we thought.

I do agree with not forcing a 13 year old to get a job and pay for something like a car, which is why I told her to not rush growing up.

But hey, only you know what's best for your daughter. So I wish all three of you the best of luck.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:23 PM   #40
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Good grades or not, kids, teens, whatever you like to call them, well... they really should buy their own car, but that is just my opinion.
Not really feasible unless they have a job, and even then you'll probably spend more money on repairs than the car would would be worth. I had a '93 camaro V6 for my first ride, and I had to pay half (about 1300). And when I sold the car, the money went back to my parents (my choice actually). But you bet your @$$ that I got the keys taken away when my grades slipped. Being forced to ride the bus again was a POWERFUL motivator to keep my act together.

Anyway, bottom line is that as long as you're making sure your child understands that they have to WORK to get their vehicle, you're doin it right.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #41
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
I know I wouldn't want my daughter driving around in that death trap. Don't you think 13 is a little early to be buy vehicles for a kid?
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:31 PM   #42
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I know I wouldn't want my daughter driving around in that death trap. Don't you think 13 is a little early to be buy vehicles for a kid?
how old are you??? according to most US government officials we are not suppose to be alive now. No seat belts until the 70s & not even mandatory until the 80s (or 90s) Heck my dads arm was my seat belt lol.
dont know how many times I hit my head on the dash of my moms 70s ford pick up bouncing around the farm or riding on the tail gate of it holding on for dear life not knowing when she will stomp on the brakes or gas.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Iroczlover is offline   Reply With Quote