Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-27-2012, 09:50 PM   #1191
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
CamaroCross Results from Camaro5FEST III

Everyone is well aware of the technical difficulties we encountered. The biggest issue was with the people at the Autocross. We had no idea that people absorb the low power radio waves used by the wireless timing eyes and cut the operational range. When we tested the setup we never thought about testing range with 80 spectators or considered the impact of cell phones :( That is the bad news. The good news is we know now and are well prepared for C5FEST IV at GOTCHA RaceWay
. We were able, capture car number, car description and times on a basic spreadsheet for just over 90 entrants. That means we are missing times for many entrants. It doesn't matter why. We know we disappointed the people we were working so hard to please. I am sincerely sorry for that.

How about Becky's 35.9 Becky was the FASTEST C5 Amateur Driver and the FTD for the ZL1 class. How do we know Becky's class? Too easy. Becky drove a bone stock ZL1 Becky, this is your Hot Shoe Driver Award!!!

They will have to do until they release a Camaro design. The 'other' driver in Becky's ZL1 was Rob Anderson Pedders USA / Wretched Motorsports but Rob is a 'professional' so he doesn't count We ran a private session at the end of day Friday for the Moderators. They turned in some unbelievable times. TAG ran a -12.94. He was so fast we didn't see it, but if he says that was it time we believe him Dragoneye ran a 29.37 in a bone stock ZL1, but has been MIA since the FEST If anyone knows his whereabouts please report the details to the F.B.I. The G Man ran a Gator and was just shy of Dragoneye's ZL1 time. Unfortunately the timing equipment failed along with the in car video, out of car video and stills

Pedders was the sponsor of the AC and will be again next year. With our responsibility as AC / C5 Hosts we do a lot of driver ride alongs, and courtesy runs for the C5 Fest VIP Guests. That gives our drivers a bit of an advantage as well as disadvantage. They work long hard hours to make the AC event possible. Professional Class Bragging Rights Fastest Time of the Day goes to Bruce Raymond's Camaro which ran a 32.46 on the fourth run. We could be wrong, but we think everyone that ran had at least four runs. Danny Popp did countless demos for drivers and a series of charity rides. Danny and the L/28 was flat out the FTD overall, but due to the number of runs Danny made we placed an * on his result. Dan Howard ran great with the third fastest event time. We want to acknowledge Jordan from JDP / Pfadt as the Fastest non-Pedders AC Sponsor Driver and Car. I think he had only five runs If Friday's final session had not been rained out who knows what the results would have been???

I do. We would have all had even MORE FUN. The numbers are important, but they take a distant second place to the main reason the C5 CamaroCross event exists. FUN. No matter how hot, no matter how long the wait, no matter how many cones were mangled the smiles at the end of the runs tell the story. We'll do this again next year with the same AC TEAM and equipment. It will run smoother and all the drivers will get more runs. More runs mean more fun. C5FEST IV can't come soon enough.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:44 AM   #1192
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

We'll do this again next year with the same AC TEAM and equipment. It will run smoother and all the drivers will get more runs. More runs mean more fun. C5FEST IV can't come soon enough.
Ya, it was fun. Saturday morning group only got 3 runs though. Friday night is where the fun was and my fastest time with you of 36.9
Old 08-28-2012, 08:49 AM   #1193
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

Everyone is well aware of the technical difficulties we encountered. The biggest issue was with the people at the Autocross. We had no idea that people absorb the low power radio waves used by the wireless timing eyes and cut the operational range. When we tested the setup we never thought about testing range with 80 spectators or considered the impact of cell phones :( That is the bad news. The good news is we know now and are well prepared for C5FEST IV at GOTCHA RaceWay
. We were able, capture car number, car description and times on a basic spreadsheet for just over 90 entrants. That means we are missing times for many entrants. It doesn't matter why. We know we disappointed the people we were working so hard to please. I am sincerely sorry for that.

How about Becky's 35.9 Becky was the FASTEST C5 Amateur Driver and the FTD for the ZL1 class. How do we know Becky's class? Too easy. Becky drove a bone stock ZL1 Becky, this is your Hot Shoe Driver Award!!!

They will have to do until they release a Camaro design. The 'other' driver in Becky's ZL1 was Rob Anderson Pedders USA / Wretched Motorsports but Rob is a 'professional' so he doesn't count We ran a private session at the end of day Friday for the Moderators. They turned in some unbelievable times. TAG ran a -12.94. He was so fast we didn't see it, but if he says that was it time we believe him Dragoneye ran a 29.37 in a bone stock ZL1, but has been MIA since the FEST If anyone knows his whereabouts please report the details to the F.B.I. The G Man ran a Gator and was just shy of Dragoneye's ZL1 time. Unfortunately the timing equipment failed along with the in car video, out of car video and stills

Pedders was the sponsor of the AC and will be again next year. With our responsibility as AC / C5 Hosts we do a lot of driver ride alongs, and courtesy runs for the C5 Fest VIP Guests. That gives our drivers a bit of an advantage as well as disadvantage. They work long hard hours to make the AC event possible. Professional Class Bragging Rights Fastest Time of the Day goes to Bruce Raymond's Camaro which ran a 32.46 on the fourth run. We could be wrong, but we think everyone that ran had at least four runs. Danny Popp did countless demos for drivers and a series of charity rides. Danny and the L/28 was flat out the FTD overall, but due to the number of runs Danny made we placed an * on his result. Dan Howard ran great with the third fastest event time. We want to acknowledge Jordan from JDP / Pfadt as the Fastest non-Pedders AC Sponsor Driver and Car. I think he had only five runs If Friday's final session had not been rained out who knows what the results would have been???

I do. We would have all had even MORE FUN. The numbers are important, but they take a distant second place to the main reason the C5 CamaroCross event exists. FUN. No matter how hot, no matter how long the wait, no matter how many cones were mangled the smiles at the end of the runs tell the story. We'll do this again next year with the same AC TEAM and equipment. It will run smoother and all the drivers will get more runs. More runs mean more fun. C5FEST IV can't come soon enough.

Hey Pete!

Thanks again for an awesome event, I know it could not have been easy with the amount of cars driving so good job on that. I wished it hadn't rained out the last day but that's mother nature for you

Quick question though, as far as I know and what my photos say is that my car number was #114. I see that Becky (who did a great job btw!) had the same number I did? Typo?

Look forward to next year!

/Erik
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 11:45 AM   #1194
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Ya, it was fun. Saturday morning group only got 3 runs though. Friday night is where the fun was and my fastest time with you of 36.9
I absolutely positively promise there will be more runs next year. We lose about 3 hours of track time to the course walk. We have some ideas on how to convert that into run time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik@Torq View Post
Hey Pete!

Thanks again for an awesome event, I know it could not have been easy with the amount of cars driving so good job on that. I wished it hadn't rained out the last day but that's mother nature for you

Quick question though, as far as I know and what my photos say is that my car number was #114. I see that Becky (who did a great job btw!) had the same number I did? Typo?

Look forward to next year!

/Erik
Erik,

Let me get with the score keepers on that.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:27 AM   #1195
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
What we do at the SAPD track before doing our high speed runs, is get everyone to play "follow the leader" around the track. We give just enough distance so be able to see all the cones and turns and the main person in charge showing the track, calls everything out over the radio. Now...I know we won't have radios, but.... It's an idea to speed things up a bit. One run around the track at a forced slow pace might really help a few people out.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:19 AM   #1196
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
What we do at the SAPD track before doing our high speed runs, is get everyone to play "follow the leader" around the track. We give just enough distance so be able to see all the cones and turns and the main person in charge showing the track, calls everything out over the radio. Now...I know we won't have radios, but.... It's an idea to speed things up a bit. One run around the track at a forced slow pace might really help a few people out.
Yep, it's the way our actual track days are done as well.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:35 PM   #1197
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
Yep, it's the way our actual track days are done as well.
We are working on in car communication for the next FEST and we think we have a process to bring the classic course walk into the 21st century
Old 08-29-2012, 08:52 PM   #1198
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
The JDP Motorsports J-Spec Camaro at the Camaro5 Fest 3 Autocross. We only got 4 runs and the finals were rained out but the car was working great! We ended up with a 34.8 second run and I had a great time! Here is a quick video of one of my runs. We would have been in the top 3 during the official final round but the important thing was interacting and having fun with everyone!!!

Thank you to all of our supports including but not limited to Airaid, VMAX, Comp Cams, F.A.S.T., Elite Engineering, KOOKS, Magnaflow, Forgeline, Pfadt, Toyo Tires, Spohn, CSF Radiators, Driveshaft Shop, Hawk and Katech.

We had a great time meeting customers and interacting with fellow Camaro enthusiast. Thank you to Pedders for putting on the event and all of the volunteers that made it possible!! We're looking forward to next year!

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:31 AM   #1199
5THGENRS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT RS, 08 IOM G8 GT, 87ta
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5THGENRS View Post
well before the videos get shuffled around here we go, i was able to salvage some video from what my phone took. This video is in 1080p and even my home computer wont play it without skipping lol

If anyone knows who this instructor is please reply. I cant thank you enough for the tips, as you can see it paid off. I hope you get to see this.

Ok i need anyones expertise on this subject. I uploaded this video a while back and i decided to pull it up on my phone to watch it again and im greeted with the fact that the background audio is skipping and when there is talking it sounds like it was sped up? I know this video was perfectly fine. My phone is the droid razr maxx. Another video of my camaro going down the 1/4 is the same way when i know they werent like that. anyone know how to fix them, tricks? software to run them thru?
i appreciate any help.
2500 = Preferenced (1/12/2010)
3000 = Accepted by Production (1/13/2010) TPW = (2/8/2010)
3100 = Sequenced (1/29/2010)
3300 = Scheduled (1/29/2010)
3400 = Broadcast (1/29/2010)
3800 = Produced (2/10/2010) VIN # 2G1FG1EVXA9192608
4150 = Invoiced (2/11/2010)
4200 = Shipped (2/12/2010)
5000 = Delivered to Dealer (2/24/2010)
6000 = Delivered to Customer (3/1/2010)
5THGENRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:19 PM   #1200
rocketman 12
SOON.........

Drives: 2010 ABM SS/RS Z-281LE
I was wondering when somebody would bring that up.......
Old 08-31-2012, 03:47 PM   #1201
JusticePete

Old 08-31-2012, 04:12 PM   #1202
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
lol
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:16 PM   #1203
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
great, now i want Apple Strudel.....
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:57 PM   #1204
TLSTWIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketman 12 View Post
I was wondering when somebody would bring that up.......
WOW, really? Someone deleted my post about the barrel lover