Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-26-2015, 11:40 AM   #29
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
Brakes are a part of the inspection process here, so it has to be driven by the inspector.
Do they do emissions here? I don't recall a colonoscopy scope up my cars ass!
Old 01-26-2015, 11:42 AM   #30
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
Yah its great to watch them start drying it from the hood then go to the front fender all the way to the bottom then hit your roof with all the dirt in the rag from the fender the horror
Exactly! This drives me nuts! How about when they drop the rag on the ground and pick it up and continue drying it...ugh!
Old 01-26-2015, 11:49 AM   #31
NJScorpio

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1LT Hyper Blue Metallic
When I found the Camaro I wanted...it wasn't manual, but everything else was perfect. I was split on getting an auto or manual anyway.

The pro with Auto, IMO, is that the average driver can drive your car...which is important for a daily driver.

I was in a scenario scenario (with a manual) where I drove my friends for a night out, then (glug glug) I can't drive (yeah, rude of me) and they had to drive my car back home. They couldn't even get it into reverse to pull out of the parking lot. Apparently (I don't recall well), they put me in the drivers seat and told me when to go/stop/turn because I was too out of it...but in my sorry state I was the only one who could drive a manual.

Point being...sometime someone else has to drive your car...and it's more likely when it's a daily driver...
NJScorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:07 PM   #32
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLS3 View Post
From 16-18 I washed cars at a Chevrolet dealership detailing them. I hate washing cars now. Occasionally I do though.
You can't beat a 20$ hand wash with a taco cabana next door. Always always always a hand wash. I pulled up turned the keys over to him he over gassed it first and then killed it and I was nervous. But everything was ok and the car looked great.
Lmao those lift ramps are a fun time.
You can get a hand wash from the cheerleaders at a local high school fundraiser, too. I'll watch but they won't be touching mine (the car that is)

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:10 PM   #33
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJScorpio View Post
When I found the Camaro I wanted...it wasn't manual, but everything else was perfect. I was split on getting an auto or manual anyway.

The pro with Auto, IMO, is that the average driver can drive your car...which is important for a daily driver.

I was in a scenario scenario (with a manual) where I drove my friends for a night out, then (glug glug) I can't drive (yeah, rude of me) and they had to drive my car back home. They couldn't even get it into reverse to pull out of the parking lot. Apparently (I don't recall well), they put me in the drivers seat and told me when to go/stop/turn because I was too out of it...but in my sorry state I was the only one who could drive a manual.

Point being...sometime someone else has to drive your car...and it's more likely when it's a daily driver...
Easy solution to your issue, when I drive the Camaro, I don't drink alcohol. Then again, I have a DD, a truck and a Harley for that.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 12:13 PM   #34
CruisingSpeed
The Stealth Bumblebee

Drives: Black 2013 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
You can get a hand wash from the cheerleaders at a local high school fundraiser, too. I'll watch but they won't be touching mine (the car that is)
Hope your not too old. Anyway. A hand wash you gotta pay for is still a hand wash you gotta pay for. Hand jobs are safer anyway!!!

...Washes... Hand washes that it!
Old 01-26-2015, 05:21 PM   #35
Edzo

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 63 Impala
My buddy had a '70 Chevelle w/ M21. Took it to a car wash, at the end, the guy has to put it in gear and drive it off the track. He couldn't start in first and we watched as the next car rammed into the back a few times. Not too much damage but pretty bad watching it happen. Almost slow motion.
Edzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2015, 05:28 PM   #36
Edzo

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS and 63 Impala
I ask people all the time if they wanna drive my car. Only my brother, the day I picked it up, and one of my friends took me up on it, once. My mother-in-law asked while talking to my wife on the phone. I asked if she can drive a 6-speed. (She had a '69 327 Camaro when she was younger) She said "no, I can drive a 4-speed though." I keep offering, I think she's scared.
Edzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 01:34 PM   #37
AmericanMuscle33

Drives: 2010 2SS/M6
I let my brother drive it when he wants since he's got a 5.0. It's an auto, but he's driven plenty of manuals. The only other person I trust to drive it is my dad. He drove it to work for a few days and couldn't wipe the grin off his face when I came to pick it up. He told me he couldn't get over the attention that people give these cars. That reminds me, I need to drop it off to him for a little while once I get it out in the spring.
AmericanMuscle33 is offline   Reply With Quote