Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #43
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I bought the lifetime subscription in 2009 and have been satisfied with them since.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #44
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by LStick View Post
"They get your credit card when you buy the car originally and set up your On Star account. My recommendation, when you set up your onstar account, DO NOT give them your credit card information because that is how Sirius XM gets it"

And when I set up my Onstar account, I told them I don't have my credit card with me. Worked like a charm.
That cant be true...they are 2 different companies, they cant legally just give your cc info away.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #45
Toms2010

Drives: 2010 2LT
Bought my Camaro used, so no onstar to give my CC number to. That worked for me.

Sirius did call about the free three month trial. I told the lady I did not want it, I would not use it as I use my GoGear Vibe.

Her response......"But its free for three months" and repeated it when I said no thanks.

I felt like I was talking to Spinal Tap for a minute there.
Toms2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #46
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Satellite Radio Sucks

I have never had a problem with their service, they do not have my credit card #. I don't care for or need the satellite radio thing anyways. Before I ever had the service I had this idea that there was going to be this big variety of songs. I was wrong. The stations that appeal to me play the same songs over and over. Just like regular FM radio. The only thing good about satellite radio is, no commercials. The last time my service was to expire, I told them to cancel me. Then they offered me a cheap rate. So I said what the heck, I'll keep it. But I am sick of it. They play the same songs everyday. When my service is to expire again, I will tell them to cancel it. It will be interesting to see how cheap they will go. Maybe they will give it to me for free. That's about the only way I will keep it.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #47
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActNup NY View Post
Pandora is where it's at. The wife put me up on that one. Screw them all.
downloads ,podcasts ,pandora , its all there , these guys are like the last dinosaur walking the earth , knowing they are going to die a slow painful death , trying to suck any dime they can get out of anyone before they go
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #48
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Guys, I know this is a pain in the ass but relax. This is a known issue with the XM free trail.

Contact Anna at XM, she'll fix it for you.

Conntact Ann via email.

He's the email and responce I got. She's awesome!

Hi Dan,

Thank you for reaching out to us via Social Media. I have reviewed your account and this is a known issue with 2013 Camaros. I have reset your trial as of today. Your Premier audio trial will now expire Feb.20, 2014. Your NavTraffic and Travel Link is still only eligible for a 3 month trial and that has been reset as of today as well. The trial end date for the NavTraffic and Travel Link is May 20/13. If you could confirm your daytime number I would be happy to reach out to you or you can contact me directly.

Regards,

Anne Shaw
SIRIUS XM Digital Care Team
Tues-Sat 8:00AM-4:30PM EST (Sat - available via email only)
Phone: 1-866-578-7474, Option 3
SXM Digital Care Team" <siriusxm11@mailmw.custhelp.com>
Good to know! She will definitely be getting a phone call from me. This bullshit has to stop.

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2013, 11:06 AM   #49
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I don't know why you people have so much trouble out of them.

Well now that we know that there is a problem with free trials for the 2013's that should answer your question and mine for that matter.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #50
jaysonstuart

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I hate Sirius/XM but I tolerate their bullshit so I can listen to Stern. Once he's gone, I'm gone.

They're one of the most poorly run companies I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with.
jaysonstuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:12 AM   #51
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Funny....I've had xm in my last two cars and not a single problem....
Old 03-03-2013, 11:26 AM   #52
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I know in my previous car I had XM and it was useful but when I changed jobs and wasnt commuting 2hrs every day I had no use for it. If they kept charging me using my card number I would just call my bank or card company and have them deactivate the current card and have them issue a new card. Usually if they understand the circumstances they won't charge you a fee! I would give them one chance to stop the reaccuring charge then order a new card then call them up and tell them what you had to do because of there dirty business practices. wouldn't use them again after that! I never had a problem with XM but that has been 4 years ago, sure alot has changed since the merger!

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:52 AM   #53
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
It blows my mind that if you have a Ford and a Chevy you need an XMsirius account for the Chevy and a SiriusXM account for the Ford. But you pay the same company.
ketel0ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #54
crateish

Drives: 45th Anniversary 2LT/RS Coupe
The people who run it are radio dinosaurs. They have no idea what they are doing and are lucky to be in business.

The company will be dead in 5 to 10 years as cell technology improves, bandwidth widens, and data caps rise.

Also, it sounds terrible compared to streaming online radio over cell or playing files from my iPhone. They have been crapifying the 'bit rates' for music to cram in sports programming and deepen Howard Stern's voice.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #55
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swacer View Post
Funny....I've had xm in my last two cars and not a single problem....
It's really just the customer service that sucks.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:13 PM   #56
xRedsox
Night Fury

Drives: 2016 Golf R
I had this problem but with Onstar, they charged me for 3 months during my first month of having the car when my free 3 months haven't gone up, called them up and fixed it. Then in October of 2012 they charge my parents Tahoe because apparently its on the same account with my card, (Wtf right?) I decided to call and separate my car and they gave me another 3 months again; but its not over yet. In December they do the same thing, this time I was mad, I took off my card and they gave me a free month. So at this time I should have had 7 months free. I got my Camaro in July and when I crashed in February I tried to use my Onstar but it didn't work, The automated voice said my account was inactive. I never got notified about it. I call angry because it was a pretty bad accident, not that many bad injuries, just some muscle pulls and bruises. They said it takes 60 to 90 days to notify me. That is very dangerous, everyday someone isn't notified that they are not covered when they crash or theft protection is bad. I am currently in the process of discussing this with them, they are being a pain.
xRedsox is offline   Reply With Quote