Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 08-05-2011, 02:41 PM   #57
Christiancoach

Drives: 2008 Holden Commodore SSV
Forget the sedan, give me the VE Wagon!!

Old 08-05-2011, 07:55 PM   #58
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Now we are talking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiancoach View Post
Just a point of clarification, the car is not the same as the G8. It is bigger. It is a WM, not a VE.
Just in case you were wondering what you could do to one,

With Chevy Badging:
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 02:54 AM   #59
rowerybo

Drives: explorer
My dad had the exclusive opportunity to drive one and test it for his police department when they did their required yearly training and testing. He has never wrecked a patrol car and set the record time for the course in his patrol car (crown vic). He said the car is absolutely amazing and has great handling and power with a transmission that finds the gears right when you need it to. Not only that but even with his frame, 6ft he had plently of room in the car. He did not like the fact that there was not a computer frame for a computer and says that if there is an issue with the system in the car, they are down a car rather than just a computer. However in most accidents this frame can cause injury to an officer or passenger. He would rather have the shifter on the column rather than the console but there is nothing to get in his way with it in the console. They have not had a chance to try the new Ford taurus interceptor as of yet. (edited out focus)

Last edited by rowerybo; 08-09-2011 at 06:43 AM.
rowerybo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 10:10 AM   #60
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
The laptop mount's been an issue for a lot of departments.

And I sure hope there isn't a Focus Interceptor.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #61
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowerybo View Post
My dad had the exclusive opportunity to drive one and test it for his police department when they did their required yearly training and testing. He has never wrecked a patrol car and set the record time for the course in his patrol car (crown vic). He said the car is absolutely amazing and has great handling and power with a transmission that finds the gears right when you need it to. Not only that but even with his frame, 6ft he had plently of room in the car. He did not like the fact that there was not a computer frame for a computer and says that if there is an issue with the system in the car, they are down a car rather than just a computer. However in most accidents this frame can cause injury to an officer or passenger. He would rather have the shifter on the column rather than the console but there is nothing to get in his way with it in the console. They have not had a chance to try the new Ford focus interceptor as of yet.
Taurus Interceptor perhaps?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote