Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-02-2013, 09:42 PM   #15
ErikCanada

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Hahaha, yeah yeah.

I knew I was going to get a few comments on the price, but thanks to me, now you know eBay headers CAN be simply a drop in mod.
I would have had a shop install them regardless of the brand, since moving out here I left all my tools 1,800 kms away.
ErikCanada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:52 PM   #16
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
Thanks for the review!
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:29 PM   #17
silverz28

Drives: 1996 Camaro Z28, 2012 2SS/RS
I couldn't resist to coment on this one. I know how this board is and knew you were going to take some heat. I can't believe the headers were that cheap but I don't understand how you can afford to pay that for install. It just seems that if you were on a budget for headers, that you would have kept it cheap and did it yourself. Then, everyone on this board would have been thinking twice about their headers that they paid $1500 for. Anyway, with the price of the headers and install, you were close to the price of some of the better headers without the install with no second guessing for fitment. Great that they work well, however, I'm sure everyone here is wondering dyno numbers.
2012 2SS/RS IOM, LS3, Aftermarket Hurst shifter, IOM interior, Borla "S", 1 7/8 Big Flow headers, ADM Race cold air, BMR 1" lowering springs, SLP Supercharger, Custom Comp Cam, Fore Innovations twin pumps, Flex Fuel Sensor
silverz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:33 PM   #18
JEFF75645

Drives: his wife crazy buying mods
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Bump for buying the cheapest junk, your welcome.
You are on a roll sir
Old 05-02-2013, 10:42 PM   #19
Nightmare2012
come find out;)

Drives: stockish 2012 camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverz28 View Post
I couldn't resist to coment on this one. I know how this board is and knew you were going to take some heat. I can't believe the headers were that cheap but I don't understand how you can afford to pay that for install. It just seems that if you were on a budget for headers, that you would have kept it cheap and did it yourself. Then, everyone on this board would have been thinking twice about their headers that they paid $1500 for. Anyway, with the price of the headers and install, you were close to the price of some of the better headers without the install with no second guessing for fitment. Great that they work well, however, I'm sure everyone here is wondering dyno numbers.
And what size are they. They seem very skinny if you ask me. I wonder where litle is I would like to see what he has to say bout this lol
Nightmare2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:46 PM   #20
JEFF75645

Drives: his wife crazy buying mods
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare2012 View Post
And what size are they. They seem very skinny if you ask me. I wonder where litle is I would like to see what he has to say bout this lol
He would say throw a cam in that biotch. And get some BTR lifters and valve springs.lol

Last edited by JEFF75645; 05-02-2013 at 10:56 PM.
JEFF75645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #21
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Well, it sucks yo have that much invested some them but thanks for taking the plunge and public lashing you'll receive on here.
Old 05-03-2013, 01:15 AM   #22
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkslvr View Post
paid roughly $2K for my ARH setup (LTs, cats, O2 ext, bolts, gaskets, xpipe….) everything minus the axle back…

Installed myself in 4 hrs

$650 is crazy for install
holy crap thats almost twice what i spent for kooks with green cats

to the op you can see those marks because they are not mandrel bent....i would also question the materials they are made out of...wonder how soon they rust. I would be checking to see if the they warp and or the welds are no beuno
Old 05-03-2013, 02:49 AM   #23
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
It's kinda weird how people look down on cheap headers when there are soo many cars out there that can look down on us, lol!! I mean, people straight up act like we're driving Corvettes or Vipers or something. As great as the 5th Gen Camaro is, it sure has turned ordinary people into snobs.

Anyway OP, I was actually planning on doing the same thing you did back when I got my OBX headers. The only reason I didn't get them is because they are not compatible with HF cats. In any case, I sure appreciate your write-up. The only thing I wish is that you had done the work yourself. But considering all the modifications the headers needed, I can see why it's a good thing you had a shop do the work. But it's good for people to see what they're getting in to. Regardless of everything tho, I am sure these headers will give you the same gains as any other brand.

Questions tho. What size and material are they? Did you get it tuned? How are the results?!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:58 AM   #24
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF75645 View Post
You are on a roll sir
Friday bump for the recognition - it continues to amaze all of us, especially a noob that purchases the cheapest crap on a quality vehicle & then pays a ton of dough $$$ to install.....

As previously mentioned, during the Woodward Cruise last year, a fellow C5 member drove 1,000 miles to attend & had several chinese welds on the headers come apart & the pipes were actually dragging on the pavement.....

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:59 AM   #25
Smirnoff

Drives: Camaro SS
Bump for using minute muffler for the install.

Smirnoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:33 AM   #26
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare2012 View Post
Lol Smirnoff said it loud and clear lol
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #27
litle88
V8 Lounge member #2

Drives: 2001 Ws6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF75645 View Post
He would say throw a cam in that biotch. And get some BTR lifters and valve springs.lol
Lol naaaa I'd pass

Jk
2001 ws6, 40k miles, Ls3 416 stroker, short block built by PER the rest by me. LPE Ls3 heads milled to 12-1 comp, FAST 102, NW 102, kooks 2", dual DMH cutouts, Magnaflow C/B, BTR cam + springs. Full UMI suspension.
litle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #28
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Friday bump for the recognition - it continues to amaze all of us, especially a noob that purchases the cheapest crap on a quality vehicle & then pays a ton of dough $$$ to install.....

As previously mentioned, during the Woodward Cruise last year, a fellow C5 member drove 1,000 miles to attend & had several chinese welds on the headers come apart & the pipes were actually dragging on the pavement.....
Yea, and another fellow member here went to a dealer and afterwards his entire exhaust fell off the car. Accidents happen, mistakes happen, and parts break. Cars flip over, driveshafts snap in half, pistons break, fuel rails come apart, transmissions blow...and I'm talking about high quality stuff. If you've been to the track like your avatar pic suggests then you'd know this. One set of headers having an issue is not indicative of anything.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebay dpt headers review