Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-22-2009, 12:01 AM   #71
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Seriously what you mean a "05" GTO for $19,000. That car is 5 years old. This is a camaro forum and you can get a new camaro starting around $23,000. The GTO does not have the appearance of the "10" Camaro. I would take the Camaro anyday over the GTO.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:03 AM   #72
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
jusmeron I agree the 05 GTO was junk looked like an egg with wheels dont care what engine it has. rather have a new v6 if that was the case.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #73
justmeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
jusmeron I agree the 05 GTO was junk looked like an egg with wheels dont care what engine it has. rather have a new v6 if that was the case.
Bingo. Totally agree!

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
Old 03-22-2009, 12:05 AM   #74
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
didn't deserve the name GTO
when that car came out first thing i said was
"John Delorean must be turnin' in his grave!"
Old 03-22-2009, 12:08 AM   #75
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
if the exterior was different it would have been great that shape sucked!
Old 03-22-2009, 01:00 AM   #76
Eddy9

Drives: 2010 Camaro
A GTO or G8 GT

I totally agree......... who wants a GTO that is 4 years old and doesn't even look that great. Or who would want a 4 door G8 family car!!!!

CAMARO ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad Ass looking car!!!!!!!
Eddy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 01:44 AM   #77
Tal

Drives: Old
The new Camaro is great and all but calling the 04-06 GTO's or any other car junk just because it has bland styling is nonsense.
Tal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:15 AM   #78
fierodeletre

Drives: 02 WS6 TA, 88 Fiero Formula
Thread jack alert:

Ok now that's out of the way, I agree with both sides of the GTO coin here. In that 1, the GTO was a nicely designed car. (It's really not a Pontiac at all) Drove well, handled well, quality and comfort were there. and that 2, it looks like a... well a holden monaro. Not a GTO.

What Pontiac needs to do is bag the G8 ST thing, or at least give it to Chevy for use under it's only possible american nameplate, the El Camino, and make the G8 into a true 2 door coupe. Even use the same front and rear fascias. THAT would be a truly kickass GTO. Oh, and offer manuals in all trims, too. John DeLorean would approve I think.

/threadjack
fierodeletre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:48 PM   #79
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy9 View Post
I totally agree......... who wants a GTO that is 4 years old and doesn't even look that great. Or who would want a 4 door G8 family car!!!!

CAMARO ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bad Ass looking car!!!!!!!
I would when It rips you v6 a new aishole. and it would ! i'D RATHER BE FAST THAN LOOK FAST.
shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:58 PM   #80
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeron View Post
Seriously what you mean a "05" GTO for $19,000. That car is 5 years old. This is a camaro forum and you can get a new camaro starting around $23,000. The GTO does not have the appearance of the "10" Camaro. I would take the Camaro anyday over the GTO.

I know this is a camaro forum and I was responding to a post with my opinion. The Camaro is not the be all end all fanboi. I don't think you can compare an LS2 motor to any naturally aspirated v6. The fact you could get a lowmilage GTO that hasa great cult following ls1gto.com is cool.

Now I am a Camaro guy and have owned 4 in my time and would be happy to run my 10 year old 2000 SS with whatever you bring. Yes this is a Camaro forum and yes I would still like to have an ls2 gto over a new v6 camaro.

shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:23 PM   #81
Eddy9

Drives: 2010 Camaro
No shame with a V-6 (304 Horses)!!!!!!!!!!
Eddy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:31 PM   #82
justmeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinzon View Post
I know this is a camaro forum and I was responding to a post with my opinion. The Camaro is not the be all end all fanboi. I don't think you can compare an LS2 motor to any naturally aspirated v6. The fact you could get a lowmilage GTO that hasa great cult following ls1gto.com is cool.

Now I am a Camaro guy and have owned 4 in my time and would be happy to run my 10 year old 2000 SS with whatever you bring. Yes this is a Camaro forum and yes I would still like to have an ls2 gto over a new v6 camaro.

Fanboi?
I would rather have many new cars over a 5 year old car for that price. Not just a camaro. I am buying the camaro cause I want it not cause it can out run another car. You are right this is a camaro forum and the discusion was on the v6 camaro. And for many members here the new camaro is the only car they want at this time. Many people here have been waiting for this car for years. We are excited about the new Camaro, not a used pontiac. If we were interested in out running a GTO or other cars it would probably be in the SS thread not the v6 thread.
When I was younger I had a "67" GTo and loved it. I also had a "67" firebird and loved it as well. I am not saying pontiacs are bad. I am saying I would take a new car over a used one. And at the moment I have never been more excited to buy a new car as I am about the new camaro. Not about speed at my age it is about the retro look, if I wanted a car to race your 2000 SS I would be getting a new 2010 Camaro SS. So if nostalgia makes me a "fanboi" then I am not alone and as I see it the Camaro forum is the right place to be.

Last edited by justmeron; 03-23-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 03-23-2009, 10:46 PM   #83
Miamimatt

Drives: 2 LT RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Miamimatt
i just want a camaro and i dont give a damn about a 5 year old gto or any other car for that matter. im here bc i want a camaro and i will be happy rather its faster or slower then someone else,. it wont matter ya know why. bc i will have my camaro!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #84
justmeron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miamimatt View Post
i just want a camaro and i dont give a damn about a 5 year old gto or any other car for that matter. im here bc i want a camaro and i will be happy rather its faster or slower then someone else,. it wont matter ya know why. bc i will have my camaro!!!!!!!!!!!!
Exactly, totally agree!!!

Tags
1997, 2010, 9sevenss, camaro, supersport