Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #1
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
V6 Owners Is it just me?

Is it me or does this really happen. Most the negative comments come from people who own an SS. What is there deal here. They leave negative or flamming comments in a V6 Bolt on Post. Why do they waste our and there time in doing so? Do the moderators really care about this?

Maybe I should take a week off from reading this forum. I appologize in advance for posting this in the bolt on forum. I just dont think the general populas would get it.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
you didn't post this in the bolt-on section...lol

edit: and i've pretty much learned to ignore them.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:27 PM   #3
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
And it's why so many have rolled over to the other forum where the v6 guys are all that's there.

Don't get me wrong, I love this site, I just could do without some guy acting like they know cr@p about cars because he's paid someone(whether it be GM or someone else) to build him one and his motor is bigger.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:48 PM   #4
MMC

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS, 1987 & 2014 Silverado
OK SS owner here, I wave to all Camaros and Vettes and the V6 owners never wave back, the Vette owners do. Goes both ways.
Old 08-06-2011, 01:49 PM   #5
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Yeah, I think generally the mods do care, but probably impossible to prevent all together. Fortunately it is a small percentage of them, but does get old after awhile I agree.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #6
dfield23

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro
Amen Brother!!
Old 08-06-2011, 02:15 PM   #7
Infernoo

Drives: '11 IOM 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
Is it me or does this really happen. Most the negative comments come from people who own an SS. What is there deal here. They leave negative or flamming comments in a V6 Bolt on Post. Why do they waste our and there time in doing so? Do the moderators really care about this?

Maybe I should take a week off from reading this forum. I appologize in advance for posting this in the bolt on forum. I just dont think the general populas would get it.
It's not just you that notices this. It's blatantly obvious.. Either the mods themselves are mostly SS owners as well or they just don't care. I have flamed/out-witted a few of them and it has always resulted in my posts getting deleted but of course a few of theirs are left behind to give them "the last word."

Their posts don't bother me so much (because truly, if they bought their car to just race their broke ass would not have bought a Camaro in the first place.) The way the posts are handled (or ignored) is what bothers me. But when someone like me raises a stink and gives them a taste of their own medicine that's when posts start to get deleted. All good, I try to stay away from those posts for the most part.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #8
Infernoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by usa1camaro1969 View Post
.... because he's paid someone(whether it be GM or someone else) to build him one and his motor is bigger.
Has nothing to do with that, I paid about $5k more for mine than a 1SS. If I wanted an SS with some options I could have easily gotten one.

It's about common sense and reality.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:20 PM   #9
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Me too Infernoo. I paid a lot on my mods that really exceeds the price of the SS. But I never thought about it.

I love my V6 especially after trying the L99. I didnt really feel a big difference in the ride.

But hey SS guys are cool !! chill man
Old 08-06-2011, 02:35 PM   #10
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC View Post
OK SS owner here, I wave to all Camaros and Vettes and the V6 owners never wave back, the Vette owners do. Goes both ways.
Its not when I am out in the public. It is this site and seeing the same SS owners being rude in posts. In public I understand not waving back, that is no real big deal.

I know I should chill and read the less offensive posts. So will do.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:43 PM   #11
Cristoff

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS in Red Jewel
Just let it roll off your shoulders - it's no big deal.

You made the choices on the car, and unless they are making your payments they really have no valuable input on your decisions.

There is ALWAYS going to be someone that thinks they are superior for one reason or another. Let them waste their time telling you how lame you are, but don't waste your time sweating them.

If you had a Ferrari, someone with a Bugatti would think you are pretender. It's just the way the world works. If you let it get you down, then they win.
Old 08-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #12
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Thanks, Cristoff

I think I need to figure out how to close this thread. I dont want all SS owners thinking I dont like them. It is the few that always post the most idiotic stuff that makes me want to ban them. I know I cant do that so I look the other way.

For some reason I posted this today. After today I am over it moving on to the greener side of life. laugh.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:55 PM   #13
Infernoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINI HLK View Post
Its not when I am out in the public. It is this site and seeing the same SS owners being rude in posts. In public I understand not waving back, that is no real big deal.

I know I should chill and read the less offensive posts. So will do.
In public I get plenty of respect from SS owners. Even on this site I do.. like you said, it's the few that have the "I'm better than you" attitude. Sad really.

All that matters is I love my Camaro. I bought the exact car that I wanted. Not the exact "Camaro" that I wanted, but the car that I wanted with every single option that I wanted. The car of my dreams is sitting in my driveway. No other car on this planet would make me happier than the badass Camaro I have sitting out front right now.

Last edited by Infernoo; 08-06-2011 at 05:31 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #14
usa1camaro1969
Back on the dino-juice

Drives: '10 LS + a few more
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernoo View Post
Has nothing to do with that, I paid about $5k more for mine than a 1SS. If I wanted an SS with some options I could have easily gotten one.

It's about common sense and reality.
It's exactly that. The posts in question are all about the "I have the v8 and the v6 isn't worthy". This car is my daily driver. If I want single-digit gas mileage I'll pull my '68 out and run around with my hair on fire. Just because it's my daily driver doesn't mean I can't play with it a little.

Okay, maybe more than a little...

Closed Thread