Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 08-10-2009, 04:57 PM   #43
c0rsa180

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS IOM
I have the gorilla locks, they work great...they are the same length as the stockers and dont look out of place, sorry i dont have pics but the part number is 71641N...

I originally purchased the McGards but they were waaaayyyy too long and looked stupid, so I went to the Gorilla Locks and they are the perfect length and look great

Inferno Orange Metallic
2SS
RS
M6
ordered 2/17/09
c0rsa180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 07:36 PM   #44
RnRKimaro
Hell's Belle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS, 04 C5 Corvette
Someone had prev. mentioned the Gorilla 61641 style was hoping someone could post a pict. on how they look. Or again if anyone bought the GM ones.
RnRKimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 04:46 AM   #45
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0rsa180 View Post
I have the gorilla locks, they work great...they are the same length as the stockers and dont look out of place, sorry i dont have pics but the part number is 71641N...

I originally purchased the McGards but they were waaaayyyy too long and looked stupid, so I went to the Gorilla Locks and they are the perfect length and look great
I just purchased 5 sets. I plan on replacing all the lug nuts... make it all look uniform and a real pain in the ass for the turds... anyways, I bought it directly from one of the eBay sellers, but not through eBay. The price they have on eBay is the price I paid on their site. Through eBay I would have paid $24.75 for shipping (5x $4.95) for 5 sets. Through their website I only paid $11.95 for delivery & handling charges... So for 5 Sets I paid $115.40 I will post pictures once I get them and put them on.
Here's their website:
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GOR-71641N/

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
broncosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 08:08 AM   #46
ORANGE U NV

Drives: The Wife Crazy
Anymore updates or options for wheel locks? I would like to hear some feed back on the Gorilla brand or others along w/ part numbers please.

2010 2SS IOM/IOM L99 Black Rally Stripes, Polished Wheels, Loudmouth II, Rotofab CAI, IOM Heritage Grille,Tune by Jeremy Formato (Fasterproms Tuning).
ORANGE U NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #47
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
Aaaaaaaah hahahha crap... so from my order above, I tried putting them on, they fit... BUUUUUT all 5 sets had 5 different keys bwahahahah
<---Lug nut noob here...

I called them up, they said send them back and we'll send you the set of 20 that cost $48.99 at no additional shipping costs to you. And we'll refund you the $55 (approx) difference.

So, for future reference, if you didn't know, each set has it's own custom key (like a combo lock's combo). If you're ordering for the whole car, you'll have to look at this one here:
Gorilla Automotive 71643N - Gorilla Wheel Lock Systems
Lug Nuts, Conical Seat, 14mm x 1.50 RH, Closed End, Locking, Chrome Plated Steel, Set of 20

Brand--------------------------------Gorilla Automotive
Manufacturer's Part Number----71643N
Part Type---------------------------Lug Nuts
Product Line-----------------------Gorilla Wheel Lock Systems
Summit Racing Part Number----GOR-71643N

Lug Nut Seat Style---------------Conical seat - 60 degree
Thread Size-----------------------14mm x 1.50 RH
Lug Nut Head Style--------------Standard locking
Open End Design-----------------No
Lug Nut Finish---------------------Chrome
Quantity----------------------------Sold as a set of 20.
Conical Seat Taper---------------60 degree
Conical Seat Type----------------Standard
Washer Included-----------------No
Lug Nut Material------------------Steel
Lug Nut Overall Length (in)----1.400 in.
Wrench Size Required (in)------13/16 in.

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
broncosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #48
ORANGE U NV

Drives: The Wife Crazy
Sorry it took so long to get back w/ ya. Thank you for the details....great reply.

2010 2SS IOM/IOM L99 Black Rally Stripes, Polished Wheels, Loudmouth II, Rotofab CAI, IOM Heritage Grille,Tune by Jeremy Formato (Fasterproms Tuning).
ORANGE U NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:52 PM   #49
LightningSS

Drives: WAS '10 SS IBM, NOW '14 BRM ZL1
I have Gorillas on my car (not all 20). A word of caution... this weekend I was putting a tire back on and the torque wrench slipped, the key came half way out, and the inside ridges of the gorilla key got stripped out half way length-wise. Now I can't tighten or loosen the gorilla nut.... Need to order a new key now.
LightningSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #50
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
@LightningSS

Can you post a pic of what the Gorilla Nuts look like on your car? (Never thought I would ever say that!) But seriously, I want to see these on a Camaro to decide if I want to go this direction. Do you have the midnight wheels?
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:38 PM   #51
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
Wish I had better closeups for you: I bought 5 sets of 4 - 5 different keys Sorry, but these are the 20" polished wheels...

So, the wheel you see has 4 from 1 set and 1 from another on her. I figured better security that way!

Name:  dsc_4092Small.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  77.8 KB

Name:  dsc_4091Small.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  83.2 KB
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #52
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael_Js View Post
Wish I had better closeups for you: I bought 5 sets of 4 - 5 different keys Sorry, but these are the 20" polished wheels...

So, the wheel you see has 4 from 1 set and 1 from another on her. I figured better security that way!

Looks good!!! What brand are these and where did you buy them from? (They look different from the Gorillas on the Summit Racing website.)

Does anyone know the contrast or have photos of chrome wheel locks on midnight silver painted wheels?
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:10 PM   #53
Johnny1

Drives: Would only drive GM
I have on order for my 2SS when it comes in the 21" tire and wheel package. I just called Gorilla and asked about #71643N which comes in a package of 20 size 14mmX1.5. Stating that on a Camaro forum its said these fit the 20" wheels ok and if they will fit the 21" also. They say they don't have anything for the 2010 Camaro yet in either size that maybe sometime next year. Any idea why they're saying that when some on here say they work and look just fine. I sure wouldn't want to loose a wheel flying down the road.
Johnny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:44 PM   #54
HeavyD

Drives: 1SSRS RY L99
They are wrong. The 2010 Camaro is indeed in their application guide. As long as the new wheels have the same tapered seat as factory (60 degree), which they should, you'll be fine.
Attached Images

HeavyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:03 PM   #55
jmm54

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT White w Rallies and Hoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosman View Post
Aaaaaaaah hahahha crap... so from my order above, I tried putting them on, they fit... BUUUUUT all 5 sets had 5 different keys bwahahahah
<---Lug nut noob here...

I called them up, they said send them back and we'll send you the set of 20 that cost $48.99 at no additional shipping costs to you. And we'll refund you the $55 (approx) difference.

So, for future reference, if you didn't know, each set has it's own custom key (like a combo lock's combo). If you're ordering for the whole car, you'll have to look at this one here:
Gorilla Automotive 71643N - Gorilla Wheel Lock Systems
Lug Nuts, Conical Seat, 14mm x 1.50 RH, Closed End, Locking, Chrome Plated Steel, Set of 20

Brand--------------------------------Gorilla Automotive
Manufacturer's Part Number----71643N
Part Type---------------------------Lug Nuts
Product Line-----------------------Gorilla Wheel Lock Systems
Summit Racing Part Number----GOR-71643N

Lug Nut Seat Style---------------Conical seat - 60 degree
Thread Size-----------------------14mm x 1.50 RH
Lug Nut Head Style--------------Standard locking
Open End Design-----------------No
Lug Nut Finish---------------------Chrome
Quantity----------------------------Sold as a set of 20.
Conical Seat Taper---------------60 degree
Conical Seat Type----------------Standard
Washer Included-----------------No
Lug Nut Material------------------Steel
Lug Nut Overall Length (in)----1.400 in.
Wrench Size Required (in)------13/16 in.

Thanks for your post - ordered a set.
jmm54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #56
zirotti

Drives: 2013 ZL1
So the consensus is that the Gorilla 71643N are the ones to go with? I've never put an entire set of locking lugs on a my cars before. Just one per wheel...

Any recommendations for who else besides Summit carries them? They are out of stock until mid-September.
zirotti is offline   Reply With Quote