Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 4th Generation Camaros

Old 09-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #29
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Drives: 2001 Pewter Camaro SS
Silver one's a big no from me. Look at the first pic white_2_ss posted, see in the middle of the fender how you can't see the body line? big red flag. that just adds to what revo said, horrible fitment issues, rock chips, dents, cracked interior. That cars worth about 800 max if you ask me. it would take A LOT of work to make it look as good as you would want. just my .02 though

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Bulldogwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #30
numbnutz00

Drives: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
Keep looking... WTF is up with those seats? I also see some fitment issues with the hood- never good, and that console lid could get pricey...
LMAO thanks for your keen observation, the car does look a bit beat. BTW what movie is ur avatar from..shit makes me laugh every time i see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_2_SS View Post
Look close. When you go look at it there will be two dents where I marked the pics. Some of the other pics help show the dents. Loose head liner could be from getting cought in the rain with the t-tops off
i was blind but now i see. thanks for clarifying, you da man!
numbnutz00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #31
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

Quote:
Originally Posted by numbnutz00 View Post
LMAO thanks for your keen observation, the car does look a bit beat. BTW what movie is ur avatar from..shit makes me laugh every time i see it

i was blind but now i see. thanks for clarifying, you da man!

2001 SS Lid, LT's, 3" Y to 4" Borla XR-1 dumped, LCA, LCA Brackets, Dbl. Adj. Panhard, Subframe Connectors, Shock Tower Brace, Eibach Prokit, Eddlebrock Shocks, C6 ZR1 Wheels 18x9.5
Old 09-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #32
numbnutz00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogwinters View Post
Silver one's a big no from me. Look at the first pic white_2_ss posted, see in the middle of the fender how you can't see the body line? big red flag. that just adds to what revo said, horrible fitment issues, rock chips, dents, cracked interior. That cars worth about 800 max if you ask me. it would take A LOT of work to make it look as good as you would want. just my .02 though
thanks for your .02, definitely appreciated. i had a bad feeling about this one from the second i seen it. how much would you say the black one is worth or at least reasonable?

heres the original add..

1996 Black Camaro RS with T-Tops
124,000 Miles
V6 Automatic
2nd Female Owner
New Brake Pads and Rotors
Extra Set of Rims
Custom Dual Exhaust
Bose Sound System
Harmon Kardon iPod Drive + Play
T-Tops don't leak
Runs Great
Interior looks great for its age, no rips or tears
Cold AC
Car in Good Shape
$3595 obo
Old 09-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #33
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

The way I usually check is by skipping kelly blue book, use NADA. that's what banks look at (or at least my bank does idk about others) when you ask for a car loan. the NADA value for this car is around $2,800 for an excellent condition $2,300 for average

Old 09-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #34
numbnutz00

Quote:
JIZZED. IN. MY. PANTS! LMAO that was the funnest shit ever!

Quote:
The way I usually check is by skipping kelly blue book, use NADA. that's what banks look at (or at least my bank does idk about others) when you ask for a car loan. the NADA value for this car is around $2,800 for an excellent condition $2,300 for average
so by looking at the pics and from what you know so far would you at least go an take a look at it? I have a pretty good feeling about this one even tho i would have to road trip that bit*ch just to even look at it
Old 09-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #35
numbnutz00

or what about this one...

Selling my 93 Chevrolet Camaro Z28. 6 speed stick shift. Drives 100% Clean and clear title on my name on hand. Has exactly 120,020 miles. Has MSD ignition, cold air intake, full exhaust system with 3"pipes, removable crash cage, component speakers, rockford 4channel amp, pioneer mp3 head unit, HID lights and remote entry alarm system. Has working air conditioning and new clutch...Needs no work...
Attached Images

Old 09-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #36
Bulldogwinters
SS #2431

That Z28 looks and sounds pretty nice, I don't know much about the LT1 engine though, or manual transmissions. maybe someone like Spike can jump in on this LT1.

as for the v6 I'd say it's definitely worth at least taking for a test drive.

Old 09-18-2011, 10:23 PM   #37
numbnutz00

Quote:
That Z28 looks and sounds pretty nice, I don't know much about the LT1 engine though, or manual transmissions. maybe someone like Spike can jump in on this LT1.
i think im gonna have to pass on the z28, guy said 3k final and i just finished reading a lot of negitave stuff about the 93's. maybe spike or someone with experience can enlighten us. still seems a bit blah tho-( first year 4th gen, lot older then id like, less options, no t-top, also wtf's up with the roll cage, seems like the cars been on the track a few times

Quote:
as for the v6 I'd say it's definitely worth at least taking for a test drive.
im definitely considering it do to the fact that it seems more reliable and less abused then the rest, only thing thats worrying me is the whole burning oil thing and everyone telling my i should pass/ over paying...also dont wanna drive 200 miles( almost 5 hours) to be disappointed you know

who know might be worth the trip,ive been looking for a car for so long that if i see another listing or carfax my head is going to explode
Old 09-26-2011, 12:32 PM   #38
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJags View Post
I got my 94 Z28 M6 for 2500. Has 155k miles, but runs great.
I also picked up a 94 Z28 for 2500, It only had 114K miles, but the AC compressor was locked up, about 250 bucks. So for about 2750 I had a great running Z28 that also looked good. I have also picked up 2 V6 4th gens one for 600 that ran great, but the body was in less than desireable shape and a 98 that had a few dings and dents, but ran great for 950. Good deals are out there, you just have to wait and look hard. Hope this helps out.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 12:45 PM   #39
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by numbnutz00 View Post
i think im gonna have to pass on the z28, guy said 3k final and i just finished reading a lot of negitave stuff about the 93's. maybe spike or someone with experience can enlighten us. still seems a bit blah tho-( first year 4th gen, lot older then id like, less options, no t-top, also wtf's up with the roll cage, seems like the cars been on the track a few times

im definitely considering it do to the fact that it seems more reliable and less abused then the rest, only thing thats worrying me is the whole burning oil thing and everyone telling my i should pass/ over paying...also dont wanna drive 200 miles( almost 5 hours) to be disappointed you know

who know might be worth the trip,ive been looking for a car for so long that if i see another listing or carfax my head is going to explode
That Z28 looks pretty nice, it probably has been run hard a few times, but check out everything mecanical and take it for a good test drive and it should be ok.
The big difference between the 93 and later models was the 93 was the first year of the LT1, but from what I understand used a different ECM to controll the engine parameters. Tuning is not as easy as the newer computers and a few parts that are specific to the 93 may be harder to find. But if it runs good for 3k, I wouldn't be to worried about getting a 93 Z28, I think it would be alot more fun that a V6 and if something does go wrong you have a good foundation to build a great car. Just my 2 cents worth.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac

Last edited by K1SSRSS; 09-26-2011 at 12:57 PM.
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:29 PM   #40
68 std

Drives: 68 Standard Coupe, 69 Standard Conv
It sounds like you need to carefully consider exactly what you are looking for in your Camaro. The first ones you were posting about are V6 cars, however comparisons are being made regarding similar priced Z28s. Is a v6 what you really want or are you looking at them because they seem to be in the right price range? If a V8 is what you really want, then hold out, be patient. It's a buyer's market right now. If you buy a v6 and decide you really wanted a v8, you find yourself needing to unload it, maybe at a loss (especially if you have had to replace expensive parts like windshield, headliner, a/c work).

I would avoid buying a car from anyone who won't personally talk to you or meet with you. Sounds like an excellent recipe for getting ripped off.

The gen 4 f-body is not a high demand car now that the gen 5 is out and has been out for a while now. I currently have a 95 Trans Am (a brother by another mother) I have had it a while, love the car, about 17mpg, have had to rebuild the trans though. Original LT1 V8 still holding strong at 150k.

Decide what you want, shop around, be patient! You will find the Camaro that suits your needs. Avoid the temptation to get in a hurry and end up stuck with a decision you may regret later. Hang in there, and good luck!

Last edited by 68 std; 09-28-2011 at 07:36 PM. Reason: word omitted in original
68 std is offline   Reply With Quote