Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-02-2012, 08:30 PM   #1
Kakashi

Drives: Camaro SS 2010 M6
Thumbs down A year of wait for mod parts... Never again!

August 2011... There I am, deciding if I should take my first steps into the modding world. Having never done it before, it took a while to convince myself. In the end, I pulled the trigger as a birthday present to myself.

I saw a sweet deal on the sponsor's forum and I sent a private message to DREV LSX (D Revolution Motorsports) asking if he shipped to PR. It was quickly answered with a yes, so I took out the CC and called him on the phone and I ended up ordering an ATI Procharger Complete Kit, Pedders Xa CoilOvers, Pedders Front & Rear Swaybars /w endlinks and Pedders stainless steel brake lines. Asked for a tracking number and told that as soon as they shipped it would be sent. I was so happy, I cried! I was going to be the dad of a Procharger Pedderized Camaro

Sept 2011... My birthday came and went, still no parts and no tracking number :( . So I kept calling every week to get ahold of Johnny. Never got ahold of him directly, always had to leave 3-5 voicemails and then he returned my calls. The order of the day was always a version of "we are missing a few parts, they should ship soon and you should have them in the next 2 weeks." I asked which parts were missing but always a "just a few parts" variety of answers. Two weeks later... No parts and no tracking number. Called again and left 3-5 voicemails along the course of 3-4 days. The call eventually got returned and.... "We are missing a few parts, they should ship soon, should have them in the next few weeks."

October 2011 (toward the end)... Still no parts and no tracking numbers after being in "contact" with Johnny every ~2 weeks through the previous mentioned “protocol”. This time I was told it was some Pedders parts that were missing, so I sent a message to Justice Pete about my situation and viola! Next week the CoilOver arrive (I don’t know if it was pure coincidence or not but I was glad). I kept calling DREV LSX and kept hearing the "we are missing a few parts, they should ship soon, should have them in the next few weeks" variety every 1 to 2 weeks until March 2012!!! Needless to say, multiple appointments were made with the installing shops for the different parts, and all had to be cancelled

February 2012 (late)... I got ahold of a tracking number! Aleluya!

March 2012 (early)... Finally! The supercharger kit arrives. I'm so happy! “It is all over” I think to myself. But nope, that was short lived. There was no sight of the brake lines, endlinks or sway bars. No worries! I'm a happy boy! Let’s go mount this baby up. Called again the shop and set the appointment for 2 weeks to install the supercharger. The day before the appointment day I look excitedly all over the kit... and what is this? No handheld tuner in sight... No injectors in sight... SIGHS! Another cancelled appointment. Needless to say I won’t ever dare show my face in the shop after so many cancellations; they probably think I was playing them.

Called DREV LSX again, as usual, about 3-5 voicemails until he answered. Explained the situation. I pay for a Complete System and got sent a Tuner System. I was told there was nothing that could be done, that Procharger would not sent the tuner or the injectors that he would give his word to send the injectors and pay a local shop for a tune. Fine I guess, nothing that can be done at this time.

April 2012... After the usual call to check in every 1-2 weeks, and the usual process of getting ahold. The injectors arrived (DEKA 107962) as well as the brake lines. No swaybars/endlinks in sight. But what's this? I ordered some Pedders brake lines (colored) and got sent some Russell brake lines. Called DREV LSX again (same procedure) and he offered to receive back my wrongly sent brake lines and send the correct ones; but after all this agony, I decided not to deal with this anymore and just accept the fact that I at least had some brake lines in my hands.

July 2012. It only took about 2 months of weekly calls to get sent the number of the tuning shop that supposedly Procharger recommended. Plus I got an update on the swaybars and endlinks. Apparently DHL lost the box with the swaybars and endlinks. I was never sent a tracking number so I can’t confirm or deny this.

September 2012... More than a year after ordering and paying. Still no sway bars nor endlinks. And no updates since June 2012. Needless to say I gave up on ever seeing those. We mounted the supercharger kit and got ahold of a different tuner because they never answered the phone at the phone number I was recommended by D Revolution Motorsports. Extremely easy I might add, we installed it up between 2 persons, took about 15 hours combined between two days (and about 5-6 of those hours were figuring how to get the crank pulley out without the correct tool, at the end we found one!).

Today after almost completing everything, and talking yesterday with the new tuner to have the car seen tomorrow... The only thing left was to install the injectors. Well, what do you know? The fuel injectors mounted well, but the wire harness has a different socket!! Apparently our cars are USCAR/EV6, and the fuel injectors sent are EV1! No adapter was sent. Can't seem to get ahold of Johnny, as usual, neither through phone or text msg. I'm left without a car until Friday (with some luck!) until Summit can ship me some EV6 to EV1 adapters. I am hoping it is the "Caspers Electronics 109076" I ordered http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CEI-109076/ or I am going to be S.O.L without a car for a longer time then!

I decided to post this as a way to vent, and for people out there that have not gone through this, can learn from my mistakes, as I can’t do anything else. I should have posted this sooner, but I didn't want to before making sure I was going to get my parts in my hands first. Right now, I gave up on that idea. It has been a horrible experience for someone new to get into the modding scene for the first time. I had to involve the CC company halfway along the way as there was a point I actually thought I was never going to see anything. And thank god I payed with the CC, because he wanted it to be a direct bank to bank transfer. Looking back, it all looks so surreal, a kind of movie horror/comedy style that I still can’t believe I waited patiently for more than 1 year. I will seriously consider it before even thinking about modding a next car. I am also sure nobody would wait this long as I have, but he is a very “friendly” person to talk on the phone and nods you into giving him the chance to wait, since it’s only “2 more weeks.”
Kakashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #2
kevin1106

Drives: 2015 ZO6 3LZ Stage 2 A8
Never do business with DREV LSX... Check!!!!!

I don't know how you waited that long..... You got patients that's for sure... I would Of lost it after 2 months...
kevin1106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #3
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
OMG what a story. I was getting very pissed off just reading it. You are a much more patient man than I am. After a couple of months I would have blew up with these idiots and demanded my money back. Maybe you can find a forum member that lives near where the company is located, they can run by and see if they are even in business any longer. If they are I would send a registered letter laying out all of their screw up's and what they still need to do. That way you will have a timeline of everything that has happened in case you want to file lawsuit against them. No question that I would have already contacted a lawyer.

Russ
OHIOSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #4
Good2go
Team Chevrolet

Drives: 2007 Z06 and 2011 Camaro 2SS
I take it there are no reputable speed shops in Perto Rico? Where is DREV LXS located?
Forgeline GA3's 9.5/11 with NT-05 Nitto's, Pedders Sportsryder Supercar Coilovers, MGW Shifter, LPE GT1-1 Cam, AR 1 7/8" LT's, Halltech CAI, SW Retro Chambered Cat-Back, Installed and tuned by Corey @ Henderson Performance Technology.
Good2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:21 PM   #5
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Dang. I've had some small "issues" with some of my smaller mods (compared to yours) and orders but this one is multiple times worse! Sorry to hear, man and I hope you get all the stuff for your car in order. Crappy to hear when I know how bad waiting an extra couple weeks to a month for things can be. Good luck.

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:29 PM   #6
lgKido

Drives: 2002 Dodge Ram :(
This thread ought to be highlighted in bold red A year of wait for mod parts... Never again! and put permanently on the top of the Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com main page. That's just not right
lgKido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:41 PM   #7
Nitroman28

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS 416/4L80
I would have called my CC company and filed a claim..
Nitroman28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:42 PM   #8
tainoxl

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro
That really sucks bro. Good to put out this info and get this sponsor banned. A year for parts is just retarded. Shipping to PR is no different than in the States. This is BS on part of the vendor.
tainoxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #9
Kakashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
OMG what a story. I was getting very pissed off just reading it. You are a much more patient man than I am. After a couple of months I would have blew up with these idiots and demanded my money back. Maybe you can find a forum member that lives near where the company is located, they can run by and see if they are even in business any longer. If they are I would send a registered letter laying out all of their screw up's and what they still need to do. That way you will have a timeline of everything that has happened in case you want to file lawsuit against them. No question that I would have already contacted a lawyer.

Russ
He did have some personal problems (family member died) and the CC company did issue a charge back for the missing items. I don't think this needs to be lawsuit filed (then again, I'm too "nice" I guess, and apparently, patient as well)
Old 09-02-2012, 09:56 PM   #10
Kakashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin1106 View Post
Never do business with DREV LSX... Check!!!!!

I don't know how you waited that long..... You got patients that's for sure... I would Of lost it after 2 months...
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post

Russ

I am the least patient person you could find in real life for every day stuff, but it was reassuring hearing the "it will ship soon" that it calmed me for a few days, but as soon as it got closed to the appointed time I was swimming in anxiety/fury only to get calmed back down with another "update" that "it will ship soon"

I am sure they are still in business, and I wish them the best of lucks and that they fix up their problems. But I won't be ordering from them again, obviously.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:05 PM   #11
Kakashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitroman28 View Post
I would have called my CC company and filed a claim..
I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
Dang. I've had some small "issues" with some of my smaller mods (compared to yours) and orders but this one is multiple times worse! Sorry to hear, man and I hope you get all the stuff for your car in order. Crappy to hear when I know how bad waiting an extra couple weeks to a month for things can be. Good luck.
I'm sure there are others out there that have it even worse. I was lucky to buy it with a credit card.

Ironically, I had the opposite spectrum of the story with another order I did in August 2011 with Nineball for some F14 wheels (it was a big self birthday present ). His experience was close to perfect!. Things arrived in the specified time frame even with the ~2 month build time. And on the few doubts I had, one quick private tell was all it took for a quick answer or a reassurance. Highly recommend him.
Old 09-07-2012, 01:31 PM   #12
Kakashi

Just a mini update...

The car is almost complete. It is just waiting for the tune. Yay! But still haven't received word from DREV LSX, so I had to order the missing parts from another vendor. This really left a sour taste, I'll think it over twice before modifying my next car.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #13
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
I did not enjoy my experience with them as well. Sorry to hear. Glad you finally got some of what you wanted.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:25 PM   #14
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Wow, really sorry to hear of your troubles. I never like to see anyone go through this. I'm sorry to be the one to say this, but you simply, and unluckily, picked the wrong vendor to purchase from. I haven't heard of DREV LSX as a vendor on here and I've been a member here since 2009, so I take it there is a reason I've never heard of him. There are many reputable vendors on this site, and I highly recommend going with one of them in the future (Apex Chase comes to mind). One thing's for sure, after hearing your story, this DREV LSX person will never get a dime of my money.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote