Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #29
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by K1SSRSS View Post
Hmm, well first off its a 2014 not a 2010. I really dislike the styling differences, ugly taillights squished frontend ect.

Second think about how much you can put into the SS that you would save not buying the 1LE, could build a lot more car for the extra money you would spend.

Yea, the black vinyl and wheels look nice, but for about 2grand you could do that if you wanted to.

If you already have an SS, I see no benefit to trading it in on a 1LE. If I were buying a new camaro straight out, then possibly the 1LE would be a good idea. Remember, its not a model, its just a package and its not limited. If you really want to trade up you might as well take the jump to a ZL1.
You aren't considering everything that comes with the 1le package. It's much cheaper to trade in that try to build it piecemeal.

Here is the full list your 3500 buys you:
  • close ratio manual transmission that has higher final drive (3.91 vs. 3.45)
  • air-to-liquid cooling system lifted from the ZL1 (trans and oil coolers)
  • 20-inch wheels covered in Goodyear Eagle Supercar G:2 tires, 285 on all 4 corners
  • Improved wheel bearings (zl1)
  • Improved toe links
  • upgraded sub-frame bushes
  • Better rear shock mounts
  • rear monotube shocks
  • thicker antiroll bars(27mm front, 28mm rear)
  • strut-tower bar
  • beefed up the rear-axle half-shafts
  • ZL1's high-capacity fuel pump and additional fuel pickups were also added to prevent fuel starvation in hard-cornering situations.
  • matte-black hood
  • functional front splitter
  • rear spoiler
  • Oil catch can
  • red Brembo brake calipers
  • ZL1's flat-bottom, microfiber-covered steering wheel
  • short shifter topped with a microfiber shift knob.

And Don't forget electric power steering in 2013+ models. Tires alone are 1200 easy. Good light weight wheels with those tires will be way over the 3500 price alone.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #30
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
I'm not try to pick on anybody else's car either, but mods are the same as packages, you don't get anything back on either except to the right buyer. Sorry, but its the same perspective as one not paying more for a used car with leather seats than a used car with cloth seats. BTW I can mod a car for a lot less than what GM will sell it for.

I don't see how you can refer to a 1-4 year old car as dated. GM "refreshed" the Camaro to sell more. The market is flooded with 10-13s and sales were slowing. Yes many people will trade for the newest thing on the market, to each their own. I'm sure if we took a poll from what I've read on the forums the vote for those who like the 10-13 styling over the 14 would be significant.

One thing to keep in mind, the 5th gens will still be refered to as 2010's to the average person. Just like when the average person sees a first gen they automatically assume oh it's a 69.

Sorry for the rant.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:13 PM   #31
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post
You aren't considering everything that comes with the 1le package. It's much cheaper to trade in that try to build it piecemeal.

Here is the full list your 3500 buys you:
  • close ratio manual transmission that has higher final drive (3.91 vs. 3.45)
  • air-to-liquid cooling system lifted from the ZL1 (trans and oil coolers)
  • 20-inch wheels covered in Goodyear Eagle Supercar G:2 tires, 285 on all 4 corners
  • Improved wheel bearings (zl1)
  • Improved toe links
  • upgraded sub-frame bushes
  • Better rear shock mounts
  • rear monotube shocks
  • thicker antiroll bars(27mm front, 28mm rear)
  • strut-tower bar
  • beefed up the rear-axle half-shafts
  • ZL1's high-capacity fuel pump and additional fuel pickups were also added to prevent fuel starvation in hard-cornering situations.
  • matte-black hood
  • functional front splitter
  • rear spoiler
  • Oil catch can
  • red Brembo brake calipers
  • ZL1's flat-bottom, microfiber-covered steering wheel
  • short shifter topped with a microfiber shift knob.

And Don't forget electric power steering in 2013+ models. Tires alone are 1200 easy. Good light weight wheels with those tires will be way over the 3500 price alone.
I know what it comes with. I have added some factory 1LE parts and aftermarket parts that very well out perform 1LE parts everywhere else.

I can out run a 1LE both in a straight line, and on a road course. My appearance mods are different than a 1LE and are to my own taste.

I have spent well less than the 15-20k you would loose trading a 2010 SS in on a 1LE. You did not consider that 3500 is the cost of the package, not the difference between trade in value of a 2010 and new cost of a 2014 1LE.

Let me re-iterate, a 1LE is probably a good deal if your getting into a V8 for the first time, it is not a good deal if your just looking to trade up an SS unless you have an boat load of miles on the SS.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac

Last edited by K1SSRSS; 01-24-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #32
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
I'm not try to pick on anybody else's car either, but mods are the same as packages, you don't get anything back on either except to the right buyer. Sorry, but its the same perspective as one not paying more for a used car with leather seats than a used car with cloth seats. BTW I can mod a car for a lot less than what GM will sell it for.

I don't see how you can refer to a 1-4 year old car as dated. GM "refreshed" the Camaro to sell more. The market is flooded with 10-13s and sales were slowing. Yes many people will trade for the newest thing on the market, to each their own. I'm sure if we took a poll from what I've read on the forums the vote for those who like the 10-13 styling over the 14 would be significant.

One thing to keep in mind, the 5th gens will still be refered to as 2010's to the average person. Just like when the average person sees a first gen they automatically assume oh it's a 69.

Sorry for the rant.
A modded car will never sell for what a packaged car will sell for.
That's like saying a Supercharged car would sell for what a ZL1 would sell for.

A 1LE will sell for more than an SS that was modded to be close to what a 1LE is, I guarantee it. Plus you get more for your buck by buying the 1LE package. Price the wheels alone out.

As far as looks, it's ones preference. I'm not going to get in that debate. It's been beat to death.
Different strokes for different folks.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:22 PM   #33
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTG View Post
A modded car will never sell for what a packaged car will sell for.
That's like saying a Supercharged car would sell for what a ZL1 would sell for.

A 1LE will sell for more than an SS that was modded to be close to what a 1LE is, I guarantee it. Plus you get more for your buck by buying the 1LE package. Price the wheels alone out.

As far as looks, it's ones preference. I'm not going to get in that debate. It's been beat to death.
Different strokes for different folks.
ZL1 is a different sub model, not a package. I am not trying to bash the 1LE, If I didn't have an SS already, I would have likely purchased the 1LE. I'm just trying to point out that its not worth the value lost on the trade in. No a supercharged SS is not worth as much as a ZL1, but it is worth more than a used 1LE, and the difference in price on the trade in would likely pay for 2 or 3 superchargers.

504hp/478tq
Old 01-24-2014, 06:33 PM   #34
husker463

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Hmm, well first off its a 2014 not a 2010. I really dislike the styling differences, ugly taillights squished frontend ect.

Second think about how much you can put into the SS that you would save not buying the 1LE, could build a lot more car for the extra money you would spend.

Yea, the black vinyl and wheels look nice, but for about 2grand you could do that if you wanted to.

If you already have an SS, I see no benefit to trading it in on a 1LE. If I were buying a new camaro straight out, then possibly the 1LE would be a good idea. Remember, its not a model, its just a package and its not limited. If you really want to trade up you might as well take the jump to a ZL1.

I am going to disagree right there on the bolded part above. If you were to get Factory GM wheels that are on the 1LE (Not aftermarket look-alikes) the wheels are $1095 a piece from GM for a total if you were to go buy a set for $4380, then a set of the tires ~1200, so you are now up to $5580. Then $600 for a good vinyl wrap, Now you are at ~$6200. So not even close to your $2000 price tag.

Now, you cannot get Recaro's yet for the '10-'13 year models that are factory, which just about every person I have talked to that has the 10-13 yr model would give a left nut/ovary for them. And that is just from the SS to the 1LE.

And this is just IMO, but I prefer the looks of the '14's over the other years. More aerodynamic, not as gaudy front end and just looks cleaner. I have NOTHING against the 10-13's, but I am glad I didn't have the $ back then because I absolutely love the 14. Every aspect of it. So, take is for what its worth, if you were to poll it, yes you would get more people liking the 10-13 models because there are far less people that own the 14. It would not only be 1 sided, it wouldn't even be a contest. Everyone is going to love the style of Camaro they have or chances are they wouldn't still have it. I could go on, but I am going to stop. I love all Camaro's, and thats a fact.
husker463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:40 PM   #35
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
shoot. got the cash? ZL1
TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 06:40 PM   #36
TOYMARO

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS 2SS
z-28? ....
TOYMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:10 PM   #37
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Quote:
ZL1 is a different sub model, not a package. I am not trying to bash the 1LE, If I didn't have an SS already, I would have likely purchased the 1LE. I'm just trying to point out that its not worth the value lost on the trade in. No a supercharged SS is not worth as much as a ZL1, but it is worth more than a used 1LE, and the difference in price on the trade in would likely pay for 2 or 3 superchargers.
No, sorry there not. I looked at buying a Supercharged SS before I seen the 1LE's. There were MANY for under $30,000. I've not seen one 13' 1LE for that. Not even a low optioned 1LE. The 14's are not even in the same ball park.
I'm starting to sound like a broken record now so this is my final word on this.
The OP asked us to talk him out of buying the 14' 1LE. I just can't, it's a superior car to the SS. BTW, I did own a well modded 2010 2SS/RS so I can speak from experience.
Whatever you choose OP, make sure your decision is well thought out and don't look back.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #38
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
Omg.......do it! DO IT!
Old 01-24-2014, 08:11 PM   #39
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
You also need the dual mode exhaust (NPP). I would look for another car with recaros and npp.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:25 PM   #40
RazorLED

Drives: 2014 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
You also need the dual mode exhaust (NPP). I would look for another car with recaros and npp.
+1
RazorLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:26 PM   #41
1LEMan

Drives: 2013 1LE Camaro RS/SS
Do it! I traded my modded 12 SS for a 13 1 LE and have not had any second thoughts.
1LEMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:35 PM   #42
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
I would also do it. Coming from a modded and tuned 2010 to my 2013 my 13 was a nice upgrade, now that I have the 1LE rearend and suspension my car is night and day over how she was new as a 13.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote