Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-25-2014, 09:36 AM   #15
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
The only thing i would ask is if ride tech warranty the third party spring. No question as to ride tech staying around or the service that comes with their products. They have proven that on more car guy orientated platforms.
Old 02-25-2014, 10:24 AM   #16
kyle@ridetech.com

Drives: 1969 SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
The only thing i would ask is if ride tech warranty the third party spring. No question as to ride tech staying around or the service that comes with their products. They have proven that on more car guy orientated platforms.
The warranty will cover the entire CoilOver, spring included. Hyperco's been around for a LONG time. I'm not sure exactly how long, but I do know Hypercoils have been utilized by every Indianapolis 500 winner since 1965. Check them out, http://www.hypercoils.com/. If there's any issue at all with the CoilOver assembly, you're covered for the life of the car and then some.
kyle@ridetech.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:42 AM   #17
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
Sorry, was more of a joke. Yeah I would not do that to someone knowing at this point it's money down the drain. In my mind, it's not a matter if the XAs leak, it's when.

I sold mine last May before this Pedder's business came up. The buyer contacted me about a month ago asking if I had the original receipt for warranty. He quoted some astronomical amount to get them repaired with BC parts.
Cool, my bad, to serious that day. Nice if Pedders Aus would handle that sort of thing, guess they dont? So far friend out here has no problems, knock on wood for mine. One member I know has leaking supercars but are older. also go to soft or full soft like for drags may possibly contribute to seals leaking, I dont go below 6 on bound and keep rebound 8-10 minimum. To bad repair are costly, but maybe worth it for me as supercars are costly
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:31 PM   #18
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Well....Pfadt is now not an option any more. They just posted that they are closing down. Looks like Ridetech might have hit the market at the right time.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:04 PM   #19
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
Sucks to see Pfadt quitting. I have their entire package, and performs well.

Looking at Ridetech, their stuff looks good. Detroit Speed & Engineering is the other option also (DSE also offers cradle bushing kit)
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:11 PM   #20
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Ride Tech is the best option now...DSE does makes great stuff but considerably more expensive....I have been to Ride Tech's facility in the past on a road trip last year and they have product on the shelves, as their owner Bret, believes in having stock available. Ride Tech continues to grow and they have a great warranty...my next coilovers will be from Ride Tech...

Last edited by So Cal Camaro; 02-25-2014 at 02:23 PM.
So Cal Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:30 PM   #21
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
To bad about Pfadt. But big demand and not enough backing is as bad as not enough demand
VR Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 02:51 PM   #22
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Ride Tech is the best option now...DSE does makes great stuff but considerably more expensive....I have been to Ride Tech's facility in the past on a road trip last year and they have product on the shelves, as their owner Bret, believes in having stock available. Ride Tech continues to grow and they have a great warranty...my next coilovers will be from Ride Tech...
Hey Danny, just got a text from Scott at SuperCar right when Pfadt announced on FB. Anyways, we were talking about who is left. So he tells me that Air Ride Technologies is the company making the Ride Tech coil overs, and sold through Ride Tech. Brent Voekel (did he mean Bret?) is the guy, he was at Heidts with the '33 Ford. Sound like he's been doing this since the 80's. Hopefully this means a stable company for years down the road.
Old 02-25-2014, 02:56 PM   #23
marolf101x

Drives: 2010 Test Mule
We've been in business as Air Ride Technologies since 1996.
Ridetech.com has been our website since day one (you know, when websites were text with blue underlined hyperlinks). Until a few years ago we made only pneumatic suspension products for Hot Rods, old and new Muscle Cars, military, and "OE" applications (We don't have any large OE accounts, but a number of vehicles that are built on an assembly line).

Air Ride is still the name as far as uncle Sam is concerned. But since we have branched out into the traditional coil over market we felt a name change was required. . .hence Ridetech.

Bret and his wife are the owners, and has been seen all over the country an on TV with our 33 Ford as of late.
marolf101x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 03:45 PM   #24
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by bannonm View Post
Hey Danny, just got a text from Scott at SuperCar right when Pfadt announced on FB. Anyways, we were talking about who is left. So he tells me that Air Ride Technologies is the company making the Ride Tech coil overs, and sold through Ride Tech. Brent Voekel (did he mean Bret?) is the guy, he was at Heidts with the '33 Ford. Sound like he's been doing this since the 80's. Hopefully this means a stable company for years down the road.
Yes, Bret Voekel is the guy you are thinking about in his 33....Ride Tech has been around for a long time, but started as Air Ride Technologies as Britt posted above...The one thing I love about Ride Tech is they are out at the events competing alongside their customers on a regular basis and each one of their guys will help you out with questions you might have.

You know, Ride Tech's coilover's weren't available when I bought my Supercars, otherwise I would have had them...and I as I posted before, I just bought a Level 3 Coilover set up for my 1956 Chevy that is being built to autox at Good Guys events, so I believe in their product and the people behind it.
Old 02-25-2014, 03:55 PM   #25
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Someone else used we know used to do that too. Just saying.(Too soon?)

When I spoke with Kyle the other day he did mention they have stock on the shelves.

The Viking Berserker ASM (Active Shock Management) also sounds interesting but that is still in it's infancy.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:55 PM   #26
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Viking Berserker ASM?!?!?!?
Old 02-25-2014, 10:02 PM   #27
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Kinda like a magnetic ride control in the ZL1. Google it, there is a SEMA video out there.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 10:25 PM   #28
Cuda7050

Drives: 2012 SS LS3
Bilstein is an option for our cars but I haven't heard a single review on them.

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...-48-191845.htm
Buttonwillow 2:23.736
Sacramento Raceway 12.89 at 112 mph
Thunderhill 2:22.242
Cuda7050 is offline   Reply With Quote