Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-29-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
Total_Perf_Eng

Drives: Corvette
Send a message via AIM to Total_Perf_Eng
TPE Kenne Bell Camaro results!! Pics and Video! H@ly SH@T!!!

As featured on CAMARO5 HOMEPAGE.

Hey Guys,

In keeping with our tradition of scaring the hell out of our customers with high HP, FAST Kenne Bell cars, we have suceeded with this new 2010 SS2 RS. It is the proud child of member "Spankt U".

All I can say is HOLY SH!T!!!!!!!!!

This thing is a freaking animal...

First off, we show EVERYTHING in the video, in order to answer most everyones questions. We ran every single run at 192* engine temp, and the blower was hot hot hot. We had little to no cooling, and the IAT's were in the mid 130's. So this was by far no "Cool down run". If anything, it was the exact opposite. I would have preferred to run it with the blower cooler, as it doesnt normally run that hot on the street. Its just that we had done multiple back to back runs, with no cool down time. We also ran it with the hood closed.

This run was witnessed by Cody of Wicked HP (Thanks for hangin out with me Cody) Our VERY FIRST pull, made 573rwhp, 540lb torque. We logged boost at 7.54lbs. We have video, datalogs, and pictures if anyone cares to see. This was on the stock KB tune. The a/f was between 11.5 and 11.6:1

Our highest rwtq, was actually the run previous to this one. We made 567lbtq. . But we had a little knock at 6200, so I scaled it back 2*.

In the end, I got this bad boy making 582rwhp 544rwtq. . I guarantee you, had Cody not had reservations for his steak dinner tonight, I could have broken the 600rwhp, 550rwtq mark. I had another pulley, that I was gonna run, that would have put me at about 9psi, and I am 100% positive I could have pulled 620rwhp, 585-590rwtq. .

We are sitting extremely conservative, seeing a MAX of 11.6:1. Our logs show an average pf 11.46:1 (were commanding 11.5). Had we gotten a little more aggressive with timing, and played with fueling, we would have gotten there, But we were going for a daily driven street car, that would survive on 89 octane if necessary.

The car is running Doug Thorley shorties, and their catted street exhaust. History tells us that shorties do nothing but take money out of the buyers wallet on these LS motors. Had we had Long tubes, a good catback, and played with the tune some more, we would have definately been in the 620 range with 8psi. 9-10 psi, and we would have been in the 630-650 range.

But hey, Im sure he can be happy with 582rwhp 544rwtq on a virtually STOCK car, with only 7.34psi..Boys and girls, that is OVER 700hp at the flywheel using an 18% loss factor. At 15% it IS 700hp.

So Steve, is a 700hp Camaro enough for you buddy????

Sorry Gary, but you've been De-throned.. (just playin buddy)

We will be sure to post up STD numbers so they can be compared against a few other graphs on this board that use the higher STD correction factor. STD should put us around 606rwhp 567rwtq.

Good luck on your new found power Steve. TPE is NOT responsible for large quantities of speeding tickets. Wait a minute, yeah we are.....

OLDER POSTS FROM THE OTHER THREAD:

Last Week, whiole we were driving out to Socal to pick up 8 more boxes of Kenne Bell blowers, we stopped off in Apple Valley, Ca to do a quick courtsey pick up for a fellow Camaro5.com member SPANKT U.

We figured some of you guys would like to see some build up shots, so you can see whats involved in the install. Unfortunately, getting one of my mechanics to actually take chronological pictures is near impossible, so your gonna have to put 2 and 2 together..

The car is a BEAUTIFULL SS2 RS, with next to no miles. Its soo clean you could eat off of it.

It currently has:

Doug Thorley shorty headers
Doug Thorley cat back
Hurst shifter

Were installing:

Kenne Bell 2.8 Supercharger (Polished)
Lowering Springs
Tune

We have a ton more pictures being loaded, as shes already completed, so check back soon for the final product, along with the dyno numbers.

Name:  tpe1.jpg
Views: 7122
Size:  243.8 KB

Name:  tpe2.jpg
Views: 6966
Size:  247.6 KB

Name:  tpe3.jpg
Views: 7066
Size:  212.8 KB

Name:  tpe4.jpg
Views: 7028
Size:  269.5 KB

Name:  tpe5.jpg
Views: 6963
Size:  330.9 KB

Name:  tpe6.jpg
Views: 7009
Size:  245.0 KB

Name:  tpe7.jpg
Views: 7695
Size:  231.5 KB

Name:  tpe8.jpg
Views: 6935
Size:  267.8 KB

Name:  tpe9.jpg
Views: 6956
Size:  249.2 KB

Name:  tpe10.jpg
Views: 6810
Size:  242.9 KB

Name:  tpe11.jpg
Views: 7504
Size:  227.8 KB

Last edited by Total_Perf_Eng; 04-29-2010 at 03:05 AM.
Total_Perf_Eng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:28 AM   #2
Total_Perf_Eng

I did everything I can to post the video. Unfortunately, this forum isnt like some of the others I have been on, so I dont know how.

Instead, I just posted the link. Can someone please post the actual video? Or, just tell me how..

BTW, Hear that baby GROWL?!?!?!?!
Old 04-29-2010, 01:35 AM   #3
SonnyakaPig

Drives: C63 P31
Great numbers. I really would love to see the vid, but the link didn't work for me. Probably was my computer having the issues though.

Quick question, with that kind of power that this car is putting down, how much of a difference would 2 1/2" exhaust compared to 3" exhaust make for hp and tq?

Edit: I think Photobucket was doing some site maintenance when I clicked on the link. Looking forward to hearing her scream soon.

Last edited by SonnyakaPig; 04-29-2010 at 01:47 AM.
SonnyakaPig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:39 AM   #4
SonnyakaPig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total_Perf_Eng View Post

We have video, datalogs, and pictures if anyone cares to see. This was on the stock KB tune. The a/f was between 11.5 and 11.6:1

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ve_Iverson.flv
That's what I wanted to see. Very nice.

I love how the hp line jumps from just below 350 rwhp to 470 rwhp between 3500 rpms and 4500 rpms. That's over 120 rwhp in 1000 rpms. And it's a great place for that kind of jump too, because when you're trying to conserve gas and drive mellow, you can stay below 3500 rpms with your shifting and then as soon as you just step on the throttle at tad harder, BAM! you're off.

Plus you have all that low end torque for tire roasting fun. haha. 500 ft/lbs at 2800 rpms, damn.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:03 AM   #5
Total_Perf_Eng

We have tested the differences between 2 1/2 and 3" multiple times. When you have comparably flowing systems, you will see little to no difference in power between the 2. If you have a corked up 2 1/2" exhaust, the the 3" will show a very large improvement.

I prefer 2 1/2" over 3". Its easier to manuever around the body, and rear cradle. But ONLY if its a very free flowing system.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyakaPig View Post
Great numbers. I really would love to see the vid, but the link didn't work for me. Probably was my computer having the issues though.

Quick question, with that kind of power that this car is putting down, how much of a difference would 2 1/2" exhaust compared to 3" exhaust make for hp and tq?

Edit: I think Photobucket was doing some site maintenance when I clicked on the link. Looking forward to hearing her scream soon.
Old 04-29-2010, 02:09 AM   #6
Total_Perf_Eng

BTW, this car is going to Apple Valley, Ca. I think that is extremely close to you. Steve, the owner is a super cool guy, so I'm sure, that if you asked, he'd be more than happy to show you just how it feels.

As for people saying that this type of torque is useless, and that you will just roast your tires; well, I can say their wrong on soo many levels. These cars aren't light by any stretch of the imagination. Believe it or not, they hook EXTREMELY well due to the weight.. After they haze the tires a tad, this car takes off like a raped ape..
Old 04-29-2010, 02:18 AM   #7
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
This is How you post youtube vids

and

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:35 AM   #8
SonnyakaPig

Quote:
BTW, this car is going to Apple Valley, Ca. I think that is extremely close to you. Steve, the owner is a super cool guy, so I'm sure, that if you asked, he'd be more than happy to show you just how it feels.

As for people saying that this type of torque is useless, and that you will just roast your tires; well, I can say their wrong on soo many levels. These cars aren't light by any stretch of the imagination. Believe it or not, they hook EXTREMELY well due to the weight.. After they haze the tires a tad, this car takes off like a raped ape..
Thank you very much for the info on my question about exhausts.

I hear you loud and clear about the usability of the low end torque. It just comes down to the driver most of the time. With some practice and like you said, getting the tires warmed up, these bad boys will hook and then turn into rockets.

I've been a passanger in a short test drive of a K/B blown L99 and I couldn't believe the power.

Oh, and I just checked out the vid. I love the sound of the K/B.

And you're right, Apple Valley isn't too far at all.
Old 04-29-2010, 03:07 AM   #9
Total_Perf_Eng

GOT IT!!

Thank you sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
This is How you post youtube vids

and
Old 04-29-2010, 03:26 AM   #10
cfcoates

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM 2SS/RS
Wow! Great results Jeff I have been losing sleep over the excitement of having you install my KB next weekend, and this is just going to make it worse

Kenne Bell 2.8 Polished & Black - Coolingmist Methanol Injection
Stillen Front Splitter - Havoc Side Skirts & Rear Diffuser
ICONZ Wheels & Nitto NT-05's - PFADT Springs
cfcoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:15 AM   #11
LasT_ResorT_G8
-11 second club-

Drives: Pontiac G8 GT
Wowwwwww, thats beautiful, enough to make a grown man cry lol.
11 second club 11.989 @114.51 1.744 60' w/cammed L76
New numbers to come

It's FI time
LasT_ResorT_G8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:19 AM   #12
AlSuwaidi

Drives: BLACK LS3 GCC-Spec
WOW congratz on the great build!
AlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 07:07 AM   #13
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Nice Jeff but not by that much !!!!!
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:24 AM   #14
99-LS1-SS
Waiting...

Drives: 2009 G8 GXP M6
First off, those are impressive numbers for not having anything more done to the car!

Quote:
We are sitting extremely conservative, seeing a MAX of 11.6:1. Our logs show an average pf 11.46:1 (were commanding 11.5). Had we gotten a little more aggressive with timing, and played with fueling, we would have gotten there, But we were going for a daily driven street car, that would survive on 89 octane if necessary.
What would you say the average timing is in the WOT area of the timing table? I'm sitting around 15-16 degrees and I don't see any knock but I'm also a little richer than this car at ~11.1:1 at WOT. How much am I leaving on the table with the extra .4-.5 of fuel that I have? I'm tuning my car myself so I'm sneaking up on the peak power very slowly.

Quote:
But hey, Im sure he can be happy with 582rwhp 544rwtq on a virtually STOCK car, with only 7.34psi..Boys and girls, that is OVER 700hp at the flywheel using an 18% loss factor. At 15% it IS 700hp.
I'm surprised at how much more power the KB makes over the TVS. I wonder if the size is a factor or if they are significantly more efficient? I have a 2300 and I've only got 6.5 lbs of boost with a super conservative tune and I would guess I'm making right around 500 rwhp to the wheels.

Quote:
Good luck on your new found power Steve. TPE is NOT responsible for large quantities of speeding tickets. Wait a minute, yeah we are.....
LOL!
Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms and toe rods
Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit
99-LS1-SS is offline   Reply With Quote