Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #57
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Of course doing headers, exhaust, intake, tune, gears, suspension and whatnot like some people here have done will make for a great performing LLT versus stock, but ultimately its up to you if it is worth it or not or if you budget even allows it.

OOLIE, I completely agree with your statement. Doing one thing at a time and trying to look for a big improvement probably won't happen, but if you drive back to back a stock car versus one with all the mods it would definitely be an improvement forsure.

bmorecam, I'd more likely lean towards the combination of intake, headers, exhaust and tune being in the 25 to 30 HP range. While adding just one of those parts to an otherwise stock car might make the gains you listed, adding them all together won't add up mathematically the same as they would appear on paper. But that still puts you at around 340ish HP/300 TQ at the crank (assuming all is running well) and I think that is mighty impressive. Too bad it takes so much power to get these heavy cars movin lol.
Old 03-08-2011, 08:47 AM   #58
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
So I guess the moral to the story is DO IT ALL and be happy LOL
Old 03-08-2011, 09:06 AM   #59
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
so, basically all LTs will throw codes, even if you manipulate the o2 sensor(placement, etc.)? Still undecided about shorties(low HP gain) vs LTs(higher gain/codes thrown)..just trying to stay away from a tune..
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:09 AM   #60
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
so, basically all LTs will throw codes, even if you manipulate the o2 sensor(placement, etc.)? Still undecided about shorties(low HP gain) vs LTs(higher gain/codes thrown)..just trying to stay away from a tune..
Me, along with OUR BEE has tried moving the o2 sensor with nonfoulers or extenders, and it still throws a CEL. We both have/had BBK long tubes with high flow cats.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:13 AM   #61
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
bmorecam, I'd more likely lean towards the combination of intake, headers, exhaust and tune being in the 25 to 30 HP range. While adding just one of those parts to an otherwise stock car might make the gains you listed, adding them all together won't add up mathematically the same as they would appear on paper. But that still puts you at around 340ish HP/300 TQ at the crank (assuming all is running well) and I think that is mighty impressive. Too bad it takes so much power to get these heavy cars movin lol.
yhea.. it kinda sucks that we can do all of the best bolt on mod for out LLT and only thing we will see is numbers that other cars get with just a tune alone. I have my fingers crossed checking this forum everyday but I am just with full of dissapointments sometimes
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 09:26 AM   #62
OOLIE

Drives: 2011 LS
Yeah it seems the best way to stay away from a tune is to go shorties and I have heard of a few throwing a cel then although it seems rare. I may still consider shorties myself it all depends if I want to make the investment in a turbo in a few years. I love the idea of v8 horse with v6 mpg especially when you see what is happening now. We may end up with the last laugh.

Tags
bbk