Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-17-2014, 12:42 PM   #1
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
1LE Owners -> Preliminary Advice Request

I am happy to say, I have finally ordered a 1LE, and am now in the waiting period for production and delivery. Like many of you before me, I am now wanting to order things for the car in advance before it arrives. My goals up front are to improve aspects that maintain the warranty, and to personalize the appearance and "make it my own". I am seeking your advice and help in this endeavor.

So, what did I order specifically? I went to my dealer and checked the option boxes for the following:

2015 Camaro
-1SS Standard Trim
-1LE Performance Package
-NPP Performance Exhaust
-Rear Vision Package
-Blue Velvet Metallic

That is the build, and here is what I ordered so far:
-EmblemPros standard font 1LE badging for hood, front grille and rear deck lid
-EmblemPros "CAMARO" lettering (replaces rear bowtie after removal)

Here is what I want to get for sure, that I could use recommendations on what and where to order:

-2010-2012 Sensor to eliminate Hill Start Assist: (Been driving manual transmissions for 18 years straight, and that one "feature" was the one and only thing I absolutely hated during my 1LE test drive. It has got to go on day 1)

-Skip Shift eliminator: I've seen dozens of variants online, and am unsure which one I need to purchase specifically for this car to option out of this "feature" as well.

-Mud guards: These also need to be added as soon as possible to protect the car from road debris. I've seen all types in threads, from aftermarket options to OEM ZL1 versions. What advice/reasoning can you give me on what to put on mine? I haven't decided what to go with yet.

-Recommended parts or additions from you current 1LE owners that I should consider as early modifications to improve the car. I have read the threads about oil catch cans, separate clutch and brake fluid tanks, braided brake lines and such. I don't plan to track the car right away, not until after the break in period, so just information for future planning. Anything I am missing that I should be considering?

Things I am considering, but have not ordered yet, cosmetic wise, that I'd like opinions on:

-Body color grille: I could have checked the box to get this from the factory, but it looks like I can purchase this separately for less money and install it myself. Also, I have been trying to decide if it wouldn't be a little cooler and different to get it in a different color than the car for a little contrast. Seeing as the car is going to be Dark Blue, would a Silver Ice Metallic grille be a neat addition? (Please, I understand this is related to personal opinion and taste, so no "Your car, do what you want." I am undecided on this and would seriously like some opinions before I decide.) I am thinking either Black, SIM, or AGM would look best on a blue car.

-Newer Style V-Flags with the "376" Cubic inches number on them: I saw a link to these a while back, and they look like they match the current Camaro styling quite well. I think these might look good on the fenders, spaced out about 3/4 an inch and centered under the Camaro script there.

-Rocker pannel replacements: Saw some threads where one of you added the ZL1 rockers to a Red Rock Metallic 1LE and it looked really sharp. Info regarding them and price would be appreciated.

That is everything at the moment that I can think of off the top of my head. I am very excited to get this car the last year of 5th gen production. I've been wanting a 1LE since they first came out in 2013, and finally got to a place where I could make it happen. I sincerely appreciate anyone who takes the time to read through my mini-novel post, and hit on as many of the line items as they can with their responses. You have my thanks in advance for your help. I will be back to post pics as soon as I get the car.

Oh yeah, last but not least, my dealer gave me a code where I could track the progress of my car. Where do I go to do that? Thanks again, I look forward to reading the feedback and information you all provide.
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:04 PM   #2
LoneCynic

Drives: 2015 BVM 1SS/1LE
76 views so far and no responses, I guess the attention deficit among you can't handle more than a paragraph to skim through? I was also wondering if the 4 gauge cluster was still a plug n play upgrade like it was on the 2010-2012 models, but it looks like I may have to just order the part and figure that out for myself. Rather than make separate topics for all my questions, I just consolidated in a single topic.

When I was finally able to place my order, I was like this:

I had hope to come here and everyone would be like this:

Arrived in this forum feeling this for my soon to be 1LE brothers:

Hoped that I might receive this: so I could be saying:

Yet, every time I post, it just ends up feeling like this:
LoneCynic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:33 PM   #3
Cool1LE

Drives: 2014 Blk 2SS/1LE
The cluster is a plug and play - same wire harness regardless of whats ordered. I'm sure there is DIY
One thing - get the catch can right away, doesn't matter if you track, with a 1LE you will push it WOT and you don't want the oil in the throttle body.
I have the clutch kit to separate the fluids just haven't done the work (need to though!!)
Also you can go with the body xpel or something like it to protect the paint - I personally don't like the way it looks up close but if your worried about the paint....
There's a web site or something to trace the order number... don't remember
Your right - too long of a post!! HAHA
Cool1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #4
Gary24

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Get the RPI mud guards. $50 and it will save your paint.
Gary24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 05:54 PM   #5
Cool1LE

Drives: 2014 Blk 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary24 View Post
agree with this - I have the zl1 rears and RPI fronts that are made for rockers (even though I don't have the rockers yet) looks like they belong on the car
Cool1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 06:20 PM   #6
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary24 View Post
1st step. Rock guards. You will regret not doing it.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:25 PM   #7
rdrfronty

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE CRUSH
To me the most important things I have installed and recommend -
1-skip shift eliminator
2-Hill assist delete
You have already mentioned both of these. I did #1 the first weekend after hitting the stupid thing twice. #2 I haven't done yet, but from my experience, I do recommend for anybody in hilly areas. It's activated a few times on me and it wasn't a big deal, but I would still prefer it gone.
3-Catch Can
This one is a no brainer for any auto enthusiast.
4-Ported Throttle body
Not much performance gains, but I noticed obvious improvements in throttle response.
5-CAI
6-LT Headers or at minimum Solo or hiflow cats
These are the more difficult choices for those in your position with a strong concern about your warranty. I too worried about it, but did LT's and hifhows at 2000 miles and LOVE them. Because I live in an emission tested area, I also got dyno tuned. It might bite me in the arse down the road, but I'm crossing my fingers it won't. Right now the sound and performance gains make think it was an awesome choice of mods. I do feel that if you could get by with a possible check engine light, leaving the tune for ways down the road wouldnt be a terrible thing. Would help retain more of your warranty and not a real big loss. The gains were VERY noticeable before my tune and you still gain the beautiful sound. And yes, even as sweet as NPP sounds, the LT's will make it even sweeter.
7-Mild to Wild switch or self made switch. The cool ability to open and close the baffles come even more of a benefit with hifhows or test pipes. These beasts can get pretty loud and at times have droan. I leave my baffles open 95% of the time for the beautiful sound, but on a long cruise or sometimes with passengers of the female persuasion, the closed position comes in handy.
My car is still pretty new being at about 3 months and 2600 miles old. But the list above I'm a pretty strong believer in. Still a few more I'm looking at too for down the road. A spare set of wheels and a/s tires & a nice cam are likely in the future for me.
rdrfronty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 07:37 PM   #8
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM

Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
Xpel & Rock guards are # 1 !!! I did Xpel on all forward facing surfaces!
Like you, I hated the skip shift and I absolutely detested the HSA . Any Skip shift eliminator should work, it's just a resistor.
Use the yaw sensor from an automatic of your year. I did and it works like a charm!!

I also did a CAI Cold Air intake and the heritage grill (black with blue accents).
and window tints too!!

all fairly cheap and easy, but do what moves you!

good luck and welcome to the 1LE Permagrin club!

Old 08-17-2014, 08:05 PM   #9
Tara Martin
Loves Camaros

Drives: Red '79 Z28, '21 Red Hot M6 ZL-1!
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneCynic View Post
76 views so far and no responses, I guess the attention deficit among you can't handle more than a paragraph to skim through? I was also wondering if the 4 gauge cluster was still a plug n play upgrade like it was on the 2010-2012 models, but it looks like I may have to just order the part and figure that out for myself. Rather than make separate topics for all my questions, I just consolidated in a single topic.

When I was finally able to place my order, I was like this:

I had hope to come here and everyone would be like this:

Arrived in this forum feeling this for my soon to be 1LE brothers:

Hoped that I might receive this: so I could be saying:

Yet, every time I post, it just ends up feeling like this:

Remember that there are 1LE SISTERS out here, too. I'm an early buyer, too; mine is second week of production in October 25, 2012. I've done all the common things that you mention: CAI, separate clutch res., catch can, and skip shift eliminate. I added the 4-pack gauges to my 1SS, also, It required an adapter harness from GEN5DIY. They changed the way the power or signal was routed for 2013. l'm not sure on the '14 and '15 though. I helped Ofer P. at GEN5DIY with the beta cable that he developed for the '13.

I know you'll love your '15 1LE when it arrives! Please post some pics of the new blue! Mine would have been blue if the shade had been right!

Good luck,

Tara

Tara Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #10
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Sounds like a nice car! You don't see too many blue 1LE's
Old 08-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #11
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
to the 1LE brotherhood I've got a '15 1SS 1LE ordered as well and should be shipped sn. It appears that you have your immediate needs taken care of and you're very well organized. I agree with fgg60 that the XPel paint protection film should be priority number one. I managed to get it done at the dealership when it gets delivered. Piece of mind stuff.

Last edited by Bad@ssCamaro; 08-17-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 08:53 PM   #12
Dustin.N

Drives: 2014 1SS/1LE
Another +1 for Clear bra and rock guards. Along with a catch can.

Next car I buy it is not leaving the lot with out a clear bra on it.
Dustin.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #13
Texzen

Drives: 2013 SW 2SS/RS/1LE
Welcome to the family!
Texzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #14
29er

Drives: 14 1LE Garage King
welcome and Congrats for your new 15 1LE!!!! pretty shure it will be awsome.
29er is offline   Reply With Quote