Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-20-2009, 09:03 AM   #1
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Why Don't Shorty Headers show on the Dealer OE Accessory web sites?

Hi all,
I was pleased to hit the Newman OE Accesory web site to see most of the accessory options listed with pricing. There is one performance option that I don't see though - the Shorty Headers for the SS. Why are they not listed with everything else? They are still gonna be offered right?

http://www.gm.oeaccessories.com/newman/
Old 04-20-2009, 09:09 AM   #2
HOTRIDES1

Drives: 2006 CTS
Will have to wait until 3rd quarter...
HOTRIDES1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
LSxJunkie
Snark snark snark

Drives: RX350
Because they're useless?
Old 04-20-2009, 09:38 AM   #4
Edrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSxJunkie View Post
Because they're useless?
...but they're legal in these parts as apposed to LTs...not to mention covered under warranty along with the car. Do they yield as much performance gain as LTs? No. Do they offer more of a performance gain over stock? They are designed to...
Old 04-20-2009, 09:40 AM   #5
Edrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTRIDES1 View Post
Will have to wait until 3rd quarter...
Oh Ok. I guess that explains it...though, the Short Throw Shifter is Q3 as well right, but it is listed on the site...
Old 04-20-2009, 10:17 AM   #6
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
The Internet laughed so hard when it saw the price it dropped them in the bit bucket.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:12 AM   #7
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Not available yet...when they are, they will be there
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 11:39 AM   #8
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Probably needs test & evaluation. You don't just shift heat points and what not without extensive testing. Otherwise you could end up with a melted car and or worse a dead driver from a fire.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #9
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
...but they're legal in these parts as apposed to LTs...not to mention covered under warranty along with the car. Do they yield as much performance gain as LTs? No. Do they offer more of a performance gain over stock? They are designed to...
If I could run LTs here, I would. I have to pull mine soon and am going to shorties. I'm not happy about it, but I'm getting used ones so I won't be wasting as much money. Hey - I have to squeeze everything I can this way because of this aweful state...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
The Internet laughed so hard when it saw the price it dropped them in the bit bucket.
I hope they're not as worthless as a poopy-flavored lollypop...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
Probably needs test & evaluation. You don't just shift heat points and what not without extensive testing. Otherwise you could end up with a melted car and or worse a dead driver from a fire.

LOL - way to keep things in perspective. I literally just had a vision random driver on fire

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #10
Georgie

Drives: Camaro... soon
i cant pass emissions with LTs
Georgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #11
Edrock

Thanks for the info everyone. Good stuff!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:35 PM   #12
UCI CamaroFan
Zot!

Drives: Toyota 4Runner
I know this is a dumb question, but will they make the car significantly louder?

UCI CamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #13
Edrock

Not a dumb question at all. My answer....I have no idea. I know it's one component that makes it more efficient for the engine to breathe. If it did make it louder, I would bet that it would not be much at all since they are not so drastically different than the stock manifolds as compared to LTs. I suspect LTs would be louder though. Maybe it adds more of a deep, low-end sound vs. volume...I'm not sure. Good question.