Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 08-30-2010, 12:22 PM   #1
jjanders0

Drives: Imperial Blue LS
Door Lock Programming??

After an attempted break-in, my Camaro has been at the dealer for over a week now having the lock replaced. Granted it took several days for the new lock cylinder to come in. It arrived on Thursday and was installed on Friday. The issue is programming the lock to accept my key(s). It's going on day 3 now and the dealer still can't get the lock programmed. Anyone have any insights on how difficult is or how long it should take to get the lock programmed?

Thanks...
jjanders0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:27 PM   #2
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjanders0 View Post
After an attempted break-in, my Camaro has been at the dealer for over a week now having the lock replaced. Granted it took several days for the new lock cylinder to come in. It arrived on Thursday and was installed on Friday. The issue is programming the lock to accept my key(s). It's going on day 3 now and the dealer still can't get the lock programmed. Anyone have any insights on how difficult is or how long it should take to get the lock programmed?

Thanks...
There is no programming for the door lock cylinder. All that needs to be done is to code it which uses tumblers. It doesn't look that difficult. Maybe there having a hard time reading the key but GM should supply the correct tumbler numbers if they need them (atleast with the older style keys) .
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote