Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 11-08-2012, 07:34 PM   #127
FlyByWire

Drives: 2011/2SS/6 speed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cota0429 View Post
Anyone know the laws on colored halos and LED scanner/grill lights???
25950(a) VC, IIRC.. Ive written it, but cant remember the exact section. White/amber only to the front. Off highway (car shows), and you should be fine. ANY red to the front is a big no-no..
FlyByWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 10:06 AM   #128
david.inga

Drives: Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeL View Post
Window Tint Information Specific to California:
The CHP's (California Highway Patrols) has this under its FAQ's sections.

Source: http://www.chp.ca.gov/html/answers.html
The Camaro's look sharp with tinted windows. I see tinted windows all the time in California.
david.inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:29 PM   #129
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion

Drives: Autobot
dumb question guys..... having a new car with no plates yet are you required to display the dealer plate in the back or can i just have nothing back there until my plates come in..? dont like my car being a means of advertising..
RayZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #130
MikeL

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayZ28 View Post
dumb question guys..... having a new car with no plates yet are you required to display the dealer plate in the back or can i just have nothing back there until my plates come in..? dont like my car being a means of advertising..
I do not believe you have too. It might increase your chances of being pulled over, which is fine as long as you have the dealer paperwork. The dealer plates just signify its new to police; albeit advertising at the same time.
MikeL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:15 PM   #131
VChula
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 1996 Z28 SS & 2014 ZL1
Nope.

All you need is the temporary registration paperwork/tag displayed on the front windshield.
1996 Camaro Z28 SS #1688
2014 Camaro ZL1 Coupe #1956
VChula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #132
RayZ28
So-Cal Camaro Invasion

Drives: Autobot
Sweet... Thanks gentlemen
Old 04-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #133
4after4

Drives: camaro rs ashen grey
Anyone know if its a fix it or actual ticket if the po-po gets you with CIA?
4after4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #134
MikeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4after4 View Post
Anyone know if its a fix it or actual ticket if the po-po gets you with CIA?
I believe you mean CAI? Cold Air Intake. It is in fact a fix-it ticket. They can be pricey. I'm not positive but sometimes for CA Smog violations they base the fine off of how long the modification has been on the vehicle. If they don't know how long it has been on the vehicle they can put it at the maximum possible fine for that particular violation.

But to answer your question, yes it is a fix-it ticket.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:23 PM   #135
4after4

Quote:
I believe you mean CAI? Cold Air Intake. It is in fact a fix-it ticket. They can be pricey. I'm not positive but sometimes for CA Smog violations they base the fine off of how long the modification has been on the vehicle. If they don't know how long it has been on the vehicle they can put it at the maximum possible fine for that particular violation.

But to answer your question, yes it is a fix-it ticket.

isnt a fix it ticket fix and no pay or is it fix and pay?
Old 04-30-2013, 12:15 PM   #136
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
I don't even know how you guys have a car and motorcycle culture with the way your laws are. So is there no CAI that passes CARB? I love the fact that even if your car burns cleaner than factory if it looks modded on the exhaust it fails, that is awesome.

For the guy that said he doesn't belong there, pack up and move east we'll take you. I'm in Alabama but you might prefer Atlanta, Ga. They have inspections but not like yours at all and just for the Atlanta metro area, but Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, no inspections.

Seriously I'm no trying to kill the environment, I'm trying to reduce weight on my car. I've heard some say they can drop 100lbs in exhaust weight. So can anyone comment on after market brands of headers, cats, and cat back that have passed CARB, you know, in case I decide to look for a job on the left coast later.
2012-1822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #137
MikeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4after4 View Post

isnt a fix it ticket fix and no pay or is it fix and pay?
I think it is fix AND pay since it is a SMOG violations.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:46 PM   #138
MikeL

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
I don't even know how you guys have a car and motorcycle culture with the way your laws are. So is there no CAI that passes CARB? I love the fact that even if your car burns cleaner than factory if it looks modded on the exhaust it fails, that is awesome.

For the guy that said he doesn't belong there, pack up and move east we'll take you. I'm in Alabama but you might prefer Atlanta, Ga. They have inspections but not like yours at all and just for the Atlanta metro area, but Alabama, Mississippi, Florida, no inspections.

Seriously I'm no trying to kill the environment, I'm trying to reduce weight on my car. I've heard some say they can drop 100lbs in exhaust weight. So can anyone comment on after market brands of headers, cats, and cat back that have passed CARB, you know, in case I decide to look for a job on the left coast later.
The problem is that submitting something to CARB costs money and time. Most companies don't bother with it. If the market is big enough they will, but most companies are small and don't have the funding to do the R&D and submit for CARB testing.

CARB; like most California environmental things, is usually just a pain and won't pass things for various reasons.

SMOG checks are changing supposedly in a few years. They will use a different method using the vehicle's computer etc. So you can mod your car as long as it makes it cleaner burning. At least so I'm told, who knows when it will be implemented.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:02 PM   #139
4after4

Quote:
I think it is fix AND pay since it is a SMOG violations.
thats ridiculous.... anyone ever have any trouble or got a citation for cai??
Old 05-07-2013, 09:49 PM   #140
BRAVO 2SS
Aim Small...Miss Small

Drives: 2018 ZL1 M6
I got pulled over by CHP for no front plate and tinted windows...after he walked up to my car...he asked if I could pop the hood. He saw my K&N intake and said, where's your CARB legal sticker. Said don't know...it has to be legal because they wouldn't ship it to CA. Lol...he said that he would write me a fix it ticket for the windows and warned me on the no front plate, Intake and my exhaust being loud.