Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 08-22-2009, 01:02 AM   #1
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
What is this?.....3000?!?!?!?!?!?!

I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. It'll be almost a full year since pre-order by the time it shows up....but my R6P order finally went to 3000!!! Guess it's time for me to get back in the game and drop by the site a lot more again now that I might see my car at the end of next month. I was starting to really lose hope and it still sux that i'll only have a month or 2 to enjoy it before the weather gets bad, but it's finally been accepted!

Can't wait to see it. I still haven't seen CGM on a Camaro in real life yet. Only Camaro's I've seen around town so far are a silver V6 and 1 of the 3 Transformer bumblebee Camaro winner's ride.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:34 AM   #2
JerseyMonte

Drives: 1972 Z28
Can't understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. It'll be almost a full year since pre-order by the time it shows up....but my R6P order finally went to 3000!!! Guess it's time for me to get back in the game and drop by the site a lot more again now that I might see my car at the end of next month. I was starting to really lose hope and it still sux that i'll only have a month or 2 to enjoy it before the weather gets bad, but it's finally been accepted!

Can't wait to see it. I still haven't seen CGM on a Camaro in real life yet. Only Camaro's I've seen around town so far are a silver V6 and 1 of the 3 Transformer bumblebee Camaro winner's ride.
I thought the purpose of the pre order was to be in the first group to get your car
I ordered mine 6/6 and it is in a railyard in Pa
waiting for a truck
JerseyMonte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 07:12 AM   #3
jschuler
WildCat

Drives: 2LT Imperial blue/biege
CGM isn't for me but I can tell you it's pretty if you've ever been a big fan of that 'charcoal gray' on cars. It also has a bit of blue/green that sparkles out of it in the sun. Just thought i'd throw a little description out there since you hadn't seen it. I'm sure you'll like it when you get it. Haven't heard anybody say 'ew! i hate this color!' from their car....
jschuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:11 AM   #4
bono83

Drives: 1969 Chevelle, 2010 1LT
Wow, what a long, long wait. I'm having trouble with my patience at 13 weeks now, but I'm at 3000 now too. I really respect your patience.
bono83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #5
chevymuscle311

Drives: 2SS/RS- IOM w/ CG Rallies
A fellow 311 fan?????
chevymuscle311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #6
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMonte View Post
I thought the purpose of the pre order was to be in the first group to get your car
waiting for a truck
We all thought that was purpose of preordering too, but I ordered in spetember and am a preorder and a R6P car and mine was just built 8/7 and is currently in transit to me. GM screwed us with allocation, I'm a preorder and my vin is 33534 yet theres are thousands maybe ten of thousands of lower vins that are not preorders, how does that make since. Don't get me wrong I didn't preorder just to say i preordered and hope for a low vin, i ordered when i figured out this was the car i wanted, I just never imagined waiting 6 months till delivery.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:21 AM   #7
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Quote:

3000 is just before you receive your TPW, you should be receiving it anytime now, and it is likely about a full month away once you receive it. So end of september is possible but prob early october is more likely. Not trying to dishearten you just trying to give you better estimate. Maybe you already have the TPW and just didn't list it but if not you should receice it soon. i was at 3000 for just a few days first week in july then I got my tpw of 8/3, car wasn't built till 8/7, shipped 8/10, and is currently 2 startes away in GA. Shipping can go faster or slower but i also escaped the factory with no QC hold. Either way you will have it fairly soon, good luck.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:52 AM   #8
JMAN311

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMonte View Post
waiting for a truck
That's what I thought too, then it started to become clear that it only matters where you ordered from and not when you ordered. Order from a huge dealer and get your car quick, order from a small dealer and wait 5 months after production starts for an allocation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschuler View Post
CGM isn't for me but I can tell you it's pretty if you've ever been a big fan of that 'charcoal gray' on cars. It also has a bit of blue/green that sparkles out of it in the sun. Just thought i'd throw a little description out there since you hadn't seen it. I'm sure you'll like it when you get it. Haven't heard anybody say 'ew! i hate this color!' from their car....
I saw CGM on a Z06 and loved it, was alot darker and more gun-metal looking than I expected (it wasn't in direct sunlight), just haven't seen it on the Camaro yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevymuscle311 View Post
A fellow 311 fan?????
You know it! Such a great band and they are actually from my home state.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
3000 is just before you receive your TPW, you should be receiving it anytime now, and it is likely about a full month away once you receive it. So end of september is possible but prob early october is more likely. Not trying to dishearten you just trying to give you better estimate. Maybe you already have the TPW and just didn't list it but if not you should receice it soon. i was at 3000 for just a few days first week in july then I got my tpw of 8/3, car wasn't built till 8/7, shipped 8/10, and is currently 2 startes away in GA. Shipping can go faster or slower but i also escaped the factory with no QC hold. Either way you will have it fairly soon, good luck.
Thanks, my dealer estimated late Sept. but yeah, it really comes down to how lucky I get with the week of the build and how many stops it has to make in shipping. Either way I was thinking it might be another few months for my dealer to get their 2nd allocation (My order was supposed to get picked up a month ago but was on constraint due to the 6spd so the only automatic order he had got pulled instead of mine :() So the email yesterday was a huge surprise.
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
Old 08-22-2009, 01:49 PM   #9
SECjunky
Penelope is here!

Drives: 2010 2SS Black
i have a R6P and still no car yet either... ordered in november :(
Old 08-24-2009, 12:06 AM   #10
PieNsky

Drives: Victory Red 1LS
I pre-ordered and the dealer was getting one Camaro a month. Got mine on June 26. Told my sons, as we were going down the road, June 26 is a day that I will not forget as being the day I got my Camaro. Then I thought that sounded sorta familiar... I said " Our wedding anniversary is in two days!"
My sons ratted me out. I had forgotten it as my Camaro was getting closer and closer to being home.
PieNsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 06:41 AM   #11
JerseyMonte

Rick Hendrick didn't have to wait long

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
We all thought that was purpose of preordering too, but I ordered in spetember and am a preorder and a R6P car and mine was just built 8/7 and is currently in transit to me. GM screwed us with allocation, I'm a preorder and my vin is 33534 yet theres are thousands maybe ten of thousands of lower vins that are not preorders, how does that make since. Don't get me wrong I didn't preorder just to say i preordered and hope for a low vin, i ordered when i figured out this was the car i wanted, I just never imagined waiting 6 months till delivery.
Rick Hendrick Chevrolet got the first 4 vin's
When did he order?
I ordered mine 6/6 was shipped 8/12
still in a PA railyard waiting for truck delivery to NJ
I understand they actualy didn't go into production
until March 6 so the earliest I can figure anyone
getting delivery is around maybe the end of May
Old 08-24-2009, 06:54 AM   #12
JerseyMonte

Trucking hold up

I spoke to a auto transport driver unloading at a local dealer
he said the cars wait at the railyard until they get a full load of cars to a certain
area before they are shipped
If the one you ordered is there they are not going to put it on
the truck and send it by itself
I think a hauler holds about 10 vehicles depening on what model it is
If Joe Blow Chevrolet gets one, and Dewey Cheathem and Howe Chevrolet
gets one they have to stage 8 more before the truck leaves with that delivery
I live in Southern NJ and a lot of dealers closed up here
You can thank the economy and fuel prices for that
to deliver 1 car versus 10 the truck uses the same amount of fuel
pays the same road taxes and tolls.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #13
SRVFAN
Too Much FUN!!

Drives: RUBY!! 2010 2SS/RS RJT Camaro
Quote:

Congratulations! You have waited a long time. I feel for ya!!

I saw a CGM this morning in my small town (it had Victory Red stripes! yuky). But the CGM alone is beautiful!! I've seen every one in person except the white & none of the colors are bad. So......... Congratulations again!! Happy for you! I know you are thrilled!!
2500 (order preferenced):
3000 (accepted to production): 7/30/09 - TPW 8/17/09
3300 (scheduled for prod) 8/5/09 THANKS Viz!!
3400 (broadcast): 8/15/09
3800 (produced):8/22/09 - #39,334
4000/4B00 (available to ship/bayed):
4200 (shipped): 8/24/09
4300 (intermediate, may be multiple):
5000 (at dealer):09/03/09
6000 (delivered to customer): 9/3/09
SRVFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 10:39 PM   #14
JMAN311

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRVFAN View Post
Congratulations! You have waited a long time. I feel for ya!!

I saw a CGM this morning in my small town (it had Victory Red stripes! yuky). But the CGM alone is beautiful!! I've seen every one in person except the white & none of the colors are bad. So......... Congratulations again!! Happy for you! I know you are thrilled!!
Thanks!

I just got another email today that my order is at 3300 and my TPW is 9/7!!!!
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM