Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #57
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ Hunsaker View Post
Yep, kind of what I expected from some of you....

Opinions are like a-holes, everyone has one.
I guess you need the AUTOMATIC..
You should leave the 6 speed for the people that CAN shift and know what gear they are in.

You probably want to put a diaper on your cat while it's in the house too..
Old 10-11-2009, 06:04 PM   #58
newsier

Drives: CGM 2SS with GFX, SS/RS, 21" Black
Send a message via ICQ to newsier
Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
here is your gear indicator....

Your life line is very long.........but your fingerprints are wanted in 10 states!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMAO.........

g
Old 10-11-2009, 06:05 PM   #59
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Wow this got kinda heated. lol Again I don't think it's necessary. I think with more practice you'll see the same. As for the v6 reverse light. I have the same tranny in my 05 CTS and it can be a pain trying to figure if your in reverse or not because it's right next to first and you kinda have to POP it in. Fortunately I had the car set to automatically lower the passenger mirror when in reverse for a better curb view so I always can tell due to the mirror buzzing downward. Kinda miss that feature on the Camaro.

Forgot to add that gear indicator on an automatic or motorcycle makes sense to due them being sequential so you really have no idea what gear your in unless you pay attention.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
Old 10-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #60
OHIOSS
Russ

Drives: Yukon Denali, Charger, CamaroSS
Send a message via AIM to OHIOSS
Thanks to most of you for offering a suggestion or a helpful comment, instead of feeling the need to insult me for a simple question. Based on some of your positive comments, and more so, the amount of PM's I received from members that thought it was a good idea. I guess I'm not a total idiot.

How pathetic is it that members of a forum would fear insult so much that they send their support by private message so they wouldn't be subject to ridicule? Congrats to the "bad apples" that feel the need to insult forum members for asking a question.

Obviously those that PM'ed me have been insulted or ridiculed in the past so they have learned to not ask a question or offer a response in the open forum. My mistake, I thought the forum was supposed to be informative and entertaining.

I should sell my Camaro because several of you have pointed out that I can't handle a manual transmission or I am to stupid to know what the tach is for. OR, I think I will just do like the guys that PM'ed me, and simply not participate.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #61
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Just to be clear...I was just ribbing you a bit.

We've all found ourselves 'cruising' in a lower gear than we should have been...especially in a car with gearing this tall. I've found myself on the highway cruising in 4th gear in my wife's 530...so it's ok.

You burned a little extra gas...no worries. IMO...you don't need another indicator for an infrequent driver error.

If anyone was 'hostile' over a light...they're sure to have larger issues...eventually they'll hit the wall...just sit back and watch 'em go...
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
Old 10-12-2009, 06:48 PM   #62
brooks35

Drives: 57Chevy TrailblazerSS 73Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Road_Warrior85 View Post
OK

In the V6 stick shift.... there is an indicator when you shift in Reverse (I thought it was cool as hell when somebody showed me)
The V6 has an indicator showing when it is in reverse?
Why doesn't my 2SS have that. I do the reverse/5th shuffle all the time.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #63
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
I really dont think a shift indicator is necessary. Id be pissed if I had to pay extra because it was standard equipment. You should know which gear the shifter is in by the position.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:37 PM   #64
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Why on earth would you need an indicator for a manual transmission? Learn your approximate RPM's and you'll know what gear you're in without ever looking down.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:08 PM   #65
Treadstone

Drives: Z51 BABY!
The gear gates are close, but you should be able to tell by RPM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:14 PM   #66
BumbleDs

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS/SS TF Edition
Most of you really need to watch what you say. A lot of you are comming off more than just rude, but its uncalled for. He is entitled to his opinion and no one has the right to call him stupid or he doesnt need a stick. Keep those comments to yourself. This forum is discuss and help other member, and many of you are being childish, and its really on my last nerve. Where is your respect? You know better than to treat other people like that. When people treat one another is such childish ways I wonder why I signed away my life to defeat it if people wont even help other at home...its disgraceful.

Love it or hate it, my car can transform and kick your cars @$$!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #67
BlackSunsine

Drives: 1967 Custom Camaro
Russ - I will stand with you! At times, I had wished that there was a gear indicator, like when I thought I was in 1st, but actually third and stalled at a light.

Or the same, being in 4th longer then I wanted and going at a higher RPM then I realized, as I was watching the traffic and not staring at my Tach.

Yes, in time, you will get it, just getting used to this car.

My 67 has a 6 speed, and I seldom use the tach, I go by the sound. And since the 2010 factory exhaust is so quiet, I do make that minor mistake.

However, it is great to hear so many people point out the fact three or four times and truly believe they are the perfect driver. Glad to know so many folks never make any mistakes, that they can "rib" (i.e. be an A$$) someone for a question.

Hang in there Russ, Keep driving, and it will come to you.

1967 Chevrolet Camaro (1983)
2004 Harley Davidson Road King(2004)
Ex 2001 Chevrolet Tahoe (2007) (Totaled Labor Day)
2004 Chevrolet Tahoe (Thursday)

2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS(2009)

Colorado Fall - Beautiful - Cool - Snow is soon!!!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:36 AM   #68
drperry

Drives: Chevy Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSunsine View Post
Russ - I will stand with you! At times, I had wished that there was a gear indicator, like when I thought I was in 1st, but actually third and stalled at a light.

Or the same, being in 4th longer then I wanted and going at a higher RPM then I realized, as I was watching the traffic and not staring at my Tach.

Yes, in time, you will get it, just getting used to this car.

My 67 has a 6 speed, and I seldom use the tach, I go by the sound. And since the 2010 factory exhaust is so quiet, I do make that minor mistake.

However, it is great to hear so many people point out the fact three or four times and truly believe they are the perfect driver. Glad to know so many folks never make any mistakes, that they can "rib" (i.e. be an A$$) someone for a question.

Hang in there Russ, Keep driving, and it will come to you.

Everyone makes mistakes! Even I fub the occasional shift in my Blazer, lol...

Thankfully, it'll start in 3rd gear so if I forget to take it out now and then it's not a major problem

We'll compromise! A gear indicator that can be turned on or off!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:44 AM   #69
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Russ, sorry to see that you got jumped on a bit here. I agree that a simple 'no' would have been sufficient. I am not sure about an indicator for every gear. I think you get more used to the car and the sound the more you drive it. Give it some time. I do think that a Reverse indicator would be nice given it is in a different location than most 5 speeds and even a few 6 speeds.

On all accounts.

I have tried to go into reverse numerous time and it goes into 5th. I find you have to be at a complete stop not a hint of rolling at all it blocks the gear like it does with the skip shift. But it may save some from bashing into something in front of them when trying to back up.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:53 AM   #70
THUMPER20X
GM fix my PAINT U suck!

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS/RS 6Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post

On all accounts.

I have tried to go into reverse numerous time and it goes into 5th. I find you have to be at a complete stop not a hint of rolling at all it blocks the gear like it does with the skip shift. But it may save some from bashing into something in front of them when trying to back up.
Its supposed to do that. Reverse Lockout Solenoid. Im not bashing the idea. Its just a waste IMO. Unless its a paddle shift and there nothing else except two buttons, flippers whatever.

Closed Thread