Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-30-2013, 01:17 PM   #29
416Camaro

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
^ did you buy the scan gauge specifically for this reason
M6 MODS: OBX LT headers, Magnaflow Resonated Xpipe, MRT V2 Axle back, K&N intake, Trifecta Tune,Sidemarker & Tail Light Blackout, Black Vinyl Emblems, CCFL Angel Eye Projectors, 35% & 5% Tint, Plasti Dip Rocker Stripes/Gas Cap, Blacked Out Tail Light Bezels....More to come.
416Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #30
motley1987

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
No, I already had it on my last car. More for the actual gauges then seeing trouble codes. The trifecta software has a trouble code reader too so ill use that next time to see if it gives me more information.
2011 IOM 1LT RS. K&N Typhoon CAI; Sequential taillights, SLP faded gill overlays, VMAX CNC ported TB, RX Ported IM, RX breather, 3/8" Black Ice-olator, OEM STB, 4 gauge pack, Alpine amp and sub, convertible spoiler, IOM painted rear diffuser, SS front and rear sways, SS front and rear struts and springs, Street Scene front splitter, IOM hideaway headlight covers, 5% window tint.
motley1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:11 AM   #31
416Camaro

I will find out soon just waiting for the cable so I can shoot the tune in the car.
M6 MODS: OBX LT headers, Magnaflow Resonated Xpipe, MRT V2 Axle back, K&N intake, Trifecta Tune,Sidemarker & Tail Light Blackout, Black Vinyl Emblems, CCFL Angel Eye Projectors, 35% & 5% Tint, Plasti Dip Rocker Stripes/Gas Cap, Blacked Out Tail Light Bezels....More to come.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:11 PM   #32
RayYork
LordVader

Drives: 2011 RS 2SS 99 BMW 328i 96 K1500
My nearly bone stock 2011 2SS/RS started doing this today. The DIC says that it's overheating and the fans are running at full tilt but the engine is not putting off tons of heat. It's at the dealership right now. Did anyone find a resolution or cause?

RayYork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #33
motley1987

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
Did your dealer find anything? Mine hadn't done it for a couple months and just did it again last week.
2011 IOM 1LT RS. K&N Typhoon CAI; Sequential taillights, SLP faded gill overlays, VMAX CNC ported TB, RX Ported IM, RX breather, 3/8" Black Ice-olator, OEM STB, 4 gauge pack, Alpine amp and sub, convertible spoiler, IOM painted rear diffuser, SS front and rear sways, SS front and rear struts and springs, Street Scene front splitter, IOM hideaway headlight covers, 5% window tint.
motley1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #34
DeMaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I have been dealing with this for over a year . . .It happens in the winter and the summer . . . . . I have meth so I know the engine is not hot . . .pulled over the first time I got it and popped the hood . . . . .engine temps were low and meth was doing its thing . . . .tried a re-flash and a disconnect . . .it it still comes and goes . . . .I started mods at 400 miles so I am not sure if it is mod related but I do not think it is . . . .

Still looking for an answer.

DC

"When parts exceed the whole.....you have Mod Fever!"
DeMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:03 PM   #35
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMaro View Post
I have been dealing with this for over a year . . .It happens in the winter and the summer . . . . . I have meth so I know the engine is not hot . . .pulled over the first time I got it and popped the hood . . . . .engine temps were low and meth was doing its thing . . . .tried a re-flash and a disconnect . . .it it still comes and goes . . . .I started mods at 400 miles so I am not sure if it is mod related but I do not think it is . . . .

DC
Sorry to hear about your concerns DeMaro. Have you been a dealership for an official diagnosis? I will be happy to explore this matter for you further. Feel free to send me a PM. I look forward to hearing from you.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 05-15-2013, 08:49 AM   #36
DeMaro

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Will

Thanks I will send you a PM.

DC

"When parts exceed the whole.....you have Mod Fever!"
DeMaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:21 AM   #37
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMaro View Post

DC
This just happened to me last night about 3 miles from pulling out of my garage. I selected the coolant temp off my Aeroforce dual gauges and it read 167 (160 degree thermostat), so this tells me it can't possibly be a sensor problem. Also, it can't be a tune problem - as that hasn't changed in quite some time. I'm thinking a loose connection somewhere, since it started working again about 5 miles later AND I had problems with my fuel gauge not working on the way back from the Sturgis 2013 Camaro Rally a month ago. The fuel gauge problem happened about 3 times and would return to normal after a short high speed WOT pass. I think the sudden exceleration was shaking a connection somewhere - fuel gauge problem hasn't happened again, but I suspect both the fuel gauge and coolant temp gauges are tied to a loose connection to the dash. And also.... had been drag racing and high G turns at the autocross - even found out I totally blew out my Phadt right front inner lower control arm bushing. The car drove great on the way back, but when I put the front car up on jacks hanging to check something - I found one side of the bushing split apart and was hanging ~ 90 percent out (just pinched). Pretty sure it was in place the whole time until I took the suspension load off it - since after this I could move the tire with the steering wheel locked about 15 degrees and could even touch the front bumper with my tire. I caught Pfadt just in time to have the part overnighted on 7/3 to quickly replace and race on 7/5. I'll post up if I find the loose connection, but currently everything is okay again.
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:10 AM   #38
416Camaro

Dealership has no clue... hasn't happend for a while since I cleared it with trifecta tune, SHUT OFF ALL CODES related to (misfires/high engine temp) before uploading the tune provided by Vince. Am sure it will come up again, especially in the cold winter months that follow. Jus getting a stabilitrak service icon on my screen.