Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 09-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #15
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Nothing new from AAC. I think AAC stands for Always Automotive Crap. They don't have standards or quality control. How are they still in business.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:29 AM   #16
LIM3
it's mind bottling..

Drives: SGM
You should not pay Shipping for their own screw up How do they even assume they can get away with sending such a messed up piece ?
Old 09-29-2012, 01:30 AM   #17
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
That seems about right from what I remember of AAC.

*In life, there are no nandroids*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
Typical of that company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntzV View Post
AAC producing And shipping out BAD product? No way lol, look on the bright side it's under warranty! You will just have to pay to ship it back and wait another couple weeks to pay again to get it shipped back to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Nothing new from AAC. I think AAC stands for Always Automotive Crap. They don't have standards or quality control. How are they still in business.
Looks like we got some AAC haters in the house. I've made quite a few orders with AAC and never had an issue.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 02:02 AM   #18
twentytwelvebee

Drives: 2012/2ss "transformers edition"
sent a PM, inbox full. called, no answer. emailed...still waiting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stieger View Post
Did you PM Jonathan or AACStyle at least?
Old 09-29-2012, 02:05 AM   #19
twentytwelvebee

Drives: 2012/2ss "transformers edition"
yeah. either way i have to pay to send them back, wait a week. they re-paint, wait a week. send them back, wait a week. it will be another 3 weeks or a month before i see a so called "improved paint job". for damn near $700 i would expect something better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIM3 View Post
You should not pay Shipping for their own screw up How do they even assume they can get away with sending such a messed up piece ?
Old 09-29-2012, 02:29 AM   #20
DCC1464
COTW 5/27/13

Drives: '11 S/C SS/RS CGM
Personally I have had nothing but good experience from AAC. I would deff hit up jonathan and talk to him. Should get this squared away for you

622RWHP/512FTLBS on 91 octane
2.9l Whipple 4" pulley. Vengance VRSP3 cam. Lots of BMR & AAC. Body work by Gary's Customz. Nic D tuned
My build thread
DCC1464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:38 AM   #21
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtrimpi87 View Post
Looks like we got some AAC haters in the house. I've made quite a few orders with AAC and never had an issue.
Don't get me wrong, AAC has some interesting concepts, however, these pictures are prime examples of why some of their customers are upset. Can you blame the OP? This isn't accidental, this is just pure laziness of the company not painting it all the way and making sure that it is packaged safely.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs

Last edited by rberns; 09-29-2012 at 03:52 AM.
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:24 AM   #22
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rberns View Post
Don't get me wrong, AAC has some interesting concepts, however, these pictures are prime examples of why some of their customers are upset. Can you blame the OP? This isn't accidental, this is just pure laziness of the company not painting it all the way and making sure that it is packaged safely.
Nope I don't blame the OP at all. Ill be pissed as well if my mirrors show up in that condition. Especially after a 4+ month wait.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:53 AM   #23
Tipper69
ICE Member

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
Sorry to hear.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:08 AM   #24
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
WTF! Holy crap. AAC better chime in. If mine show up in that condition....

How could they ship those out like that?! Where is the quality control AAC?!
They have always made things right for me, but their quality control SUCKS. It took AAC 3 times to get me a set of P13W bulbs that were not broke. It was not the bulb, but the receptacle that plugged it to the harness that was broke. When I called they took care of me but would not accept responsibility. She kept saying it must have been broke in shipping... there is no way we would ever let something leave here like that. I kept saying… if they were broke during shipping why are there no broken pieces in the package? The receptacles were broke before they ever even put them in the package. I have done business with then since and have had no problems. It got to the point the last time I ordered a product from them I actually videotaped myself opening the package for my own protection so I would not have to hear that I had something to do with the damage. Great products and some great people working there, but quality control does SUCK!!!... This just confirms it. I would have thought after 3 attempts that they would have knocked of something in the price… Nope.

Last edited by newagemuscle; 09-29-2012 at 07:05 AM.
newagemuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #25
Altma

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 1LT Synergy Green
After dealing with them with the HOD bulb issue (basically started an electrical fire) I spoke with their customer service who wanted me to send them in to get warranty work and they'd send them back even after I told her there's NO WAY I'd ever put them back in my car. Well after some frustration, I basically emailed EVERYONE at AAC I could find an email for. Tiffanie finally got a hold of me, and I got a refund on that, and I also got my $100.00 deposit on these mirrors back. I didn't like that they had A. Bad customer service. B. Stories of bad quality products - I think I made the right decision.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #26
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Its funny how all the AAC lovers are like Jonathan will get you right. Well he shouldnt have too get you right in the first place. If their products were top notch and didnt fail every other customer then no one would be hating on them. Theres too many of these threads floating around IMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:30 AM   #27
jameslk55

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS, 2005 SLK55 AMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdenotter View Post
Its funny how all the AAC lovers are like Jonathan will get you right. Well he shouldnt have too get you right in the first place. If their products were top notch and didnt fail every other customer then no one would be hating on them. Theres too many of these threads floating around IMO.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
I think it's easier to remember the threads with bad experiences than the ones with good experiences. If I was frustrated and wanted to get some awareness of my unresolved issue, I would make a thread. I had a good experience with AAC but didn't bother to make a post. They sent me 5202 Plasmas instead of P13W Plasmas. I called and was asked to email a picture. They sincerely apologized and sent me the correct ones. I didn't ship anything back. Did I make a thread before or after I contacted them? No. Members have posted threads about other Camaro5 vendors to resolve their problems in public. AAC is not alone. I'm sure with the amount of business that they are getting, there will be some slip-ups.
jameslk55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #28
newagemuscle
Philippians 4:13

Drives: SLP Supercharged LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslk350 View Post
I think it's easier to remember the threads with bad experiences than the ones with good experiences. If I was frustrated and wanted to get some awareness of my unresolved issue, I would make a thread. I had a good experience with AAC but didn't bother to make a post. They sent me 5202 Plasmas instead of P13W Plasmas. I called and was asked to email a picture. They sincerely apologized and sent me the correct ones. I didn't ship anything back. Did I make a thread before or after I contacted them? No. Members have posted threads about other Camaro5 vendors to resolve their problems in public. AAC is not alone. I'm sure with the amount of business that they are getting, there will be some slip-ups.
Well said, but your experience is just another example of the companies inconsistencies. They seem to have a history with members on this forum getting the wrong part which has also happened to me and I did not mention, or getting damaged products.