Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 01:16 PM   #15
LynxSSavage
The Angry Orc

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey Metallic Camaro SS
O.O

Well... **insert MJ eating popcorn here**
Old 10-22-2015, 01:35 PM   #16
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
There it is !!!
I knew there was more to the story than what was originally posted
There always is. I wonder what the body shop would have to add to this situation.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:33 PM   #17
Floppydisk

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Phastek View Post
To start I would just like every one to know that Blake (Floppydisk), the person that started this post, is NOT our customer. The Body Shop that is working on his car is our customer and we have talked to them about the issue. Although we should only be dealing with the body shop, since they were the purchasing customer, we were more then happy to talk to Blake about the issue.

The RK Sport fenders are made out of fiberglass. Since they are made from Fiberglass RK Sport does states that it will require some work to get them perfect. Some sanding and adjusting is required when replacing the fenders. RK Sport sends out paper work stating this information when they ship all orders, they also stamp information on the box that the kits ship in stating to test fit before painting.

Now here there are some things that are being left out about the whole situation and in the timeline below it will have that information.

8/11/2015 Tuesday - Fenders shipped to Body Shop

9/8/2015 Tuesday - Body Shop contacted us about fenders not fitting. We asked for pictures of the issue so we could send them to RK Sport and let them know of the issue.

9/10/2015 Thursday - We got the pictures from the Body Shop but they were not very clear. It was at that point that we asked for better pictures so we could get them to RK Sport.

9/11/2015 Friday - We got better pictures and sent them over to RK Sport for review.

At this time it did take RK Sport a few days to get back with us and let us know what they were going to do.

9/14/2015 Monday - Late in the day RK Sport supplied a return label for the fenders and we forwarded that label to the Body Shop to have the fenders pick up and sent back for inspection. Once RK Sport got the fenders back they will be test fitted to verify the issue.

The Body Shop was informed that if the fenders did fit there would be a charged if RK Sport did not find an issue with them fitting. We can not control if they did not forward that information to their customer, that is out of our hands.

9/21/2015 Monday - The fenders were picked up from the Body Shop and were finally on their way back to RK Sport. After they had the shipping label for over 1 week.

10/1/2015 Thursday - The Body Shop emailed asking about the return status. We then contacted RK Sport to find out what the status was. It had only been about 1 week since the items were picked up, shipping those fenders can take about 5 business days.

10/9/2015 Firday - We contacted RK Sport to find out what was going on with the return. It was on this same day that RK Sport told us that they were busy getting things ready for SEMA and did not have an excuse for not getting back with us. Below is the response from RK Sport.

1. We did a thurouh test fitment on the fenders and bottom line they fit just fine.
2. These fenders just need to be moved around and adjusted on the car and “played with” a little to get them to fit up correctly.
3. Also as I had said the shop didn’t send back the $50.00 worth of GM inserts so please advise as to what they want to do from here?

When the fenders were inspected by RK Sport, they found that the emblems they send with the kits were not shipped back. At that point we emailed the Body Shop and informed them that the emblems were missing and there would be a charge of $50 for them.

10/9/2015 Friday - We forward RK Sports Response to the Body Shop to inform them on what RK Sport found, that the fenders fit and about the missing emblems.

10/10/2015 Saturday - We got an email back from the Body Shop saying "THANKS!", at this point we are unsure what the Body Shop would like done since they were the purchasing customer.

10/17/2015 Saturday - We got a very nasty forwarded email from Blake (Floppydisk) stating he did not care what RK Sport said and that he had already replaced the fenders. And that he would just like a full refund. It was at this time that we realized that Floppydisk was Blake, the Body Shops customer NOT our customer.

Now the Body Shop was informed that if the fenders fit there would be the charge, see 9/14/2015.

10/19/2015 Monday - I personally called the body shop to talk to them about the issue. From what I got after talking to them they did not want to take the time to adjust and fit the fenders. They simply put the fenders on and said that they did not fit.

10/19/2015 Monday - We responded to Blake's email informing him about the $50 emblems that were missing and that we would get with RK Sport about the refund to see what we could do.

We were able to get RK Sport to waive their 15% restocking fee but they were going to charge the $95.96 for the label that was provided to the Body Shop to send the fenders back for inspection. Blake was emailed to inform him of the charge that was going to happen.

10/19/2015 Monday- We got an email from RK Sport stating they talked to Blake and that he was being very rude and argumentative with them. We dont like to get into those situation because they do not solve anything for anybody. RK Sport requested that Blake no longer call them about the issue.

Per our Phone conversation with RK Sport to see if we could remedy the situation. RK Sport refused because Blake called them being extremely rude, and threatening them with going on social media.

10/19/2015 Monday - It was at this time that Blake called us because he did not want to communicate via email any more. I told him that the charge is what RK Sport is going to charge since they say the fenders fit. I was able to get RK Sport to drop their 15% restocking fee but since the fenders fit and the emblems were missing there was going to be a charge of $145.96 which was for the return shipping and the emblems that Blake kept.

10/20/2015 Tuesday - Blake called Cussing and Extremely rude over the phone and did not want to talk to me about anything. He demanded his money back and threatened us about going to social media. Before I was able to just talk to him about the situation to make sure that we were both on the same page, he immediately threatened me with coming on Camaro5 and going to social media, then as I was explaining the situation he then hung up on me. When that happens we already know that a post is going to be made, and sure enough, Blake, has gone to our FB page, and RK Sports FB page and posted bad reviews about us. Although we were able to get a return shipping label from RK Sport to have the fenders tested and have RK Sport waive the 15% restocking fee.

Tuesday, 10/20/2015. A refund has been issued to the Body Shop since they were the paying customer NOT Blake.

Wednesday evening, 10/21/2015. We get an email from Blake, harassing and taunting us about the post.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Camaro 5
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2015 21:42:50 -0500
To: Support <support@phastekperformance.com>

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=427013

Feel free to defend your position, but good luck.

Today, 10/22/2015. We get a private message from Blake, again harassing and taunting us about the post.

Thank you,
Ricardo

Mind taking a look at my thread, and explaining phasteks position? I can't get anywhere over the phone or through email, but all the forum members that have replied can't understand phasteks position.
Thanks

This is what they call harassment and taunting; so you should definitely take what they say about me being rude, and cussing with a grain of salt. I found my attitude perfectly reasonable. I didn't insult anyone or disrespect them, but yes, I was upset because the fenders clearly don't fit. If you can't handle an upset customer you're probably in the wrong line of work.

I can also assure you that the body shop would agree with everything I've said, and I will get with the owner to see if he has time to take a look and maybe even weigh in on this. There was no point spending hours trying to do minute adjustments and sanding these down when they simply don't fit and it would have costed me the same amount the fenders were worth to fix them. I was told by the body shop they would have to cut these, and reform them to fit, which is unacceptable.

You can spin this to try and make me look like the bad guy, but the bottom line is that you sent me bad fenders, which is proven by the pictures, and refuse to take responsibility.
Old 10-22-2015, 04:45 PM   #18
splashlog48

Drives: 2011 Green SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
There always is. I wonder what the body shop would have to add to this situation.
Laughing Here----Theyre probably tired of him too !!!!
Old 10-22-2015, 05:35 PM   #19
Floppydisk

Going through my emails you left out and changed a couple things.

I remember personally calling Phastek asking what was taking so long on picking up the fenders; so don't say we had the shipping label for over a week like its our fault you didn't send a truck on time.

The body shop emailed you 9/29 asking for a status update, and after you hadn't responded for a week he sent another on 10/6.

And here is my "very nasty" email.

I've waited an unreasonable amount of time on this. I don't care that they happen to fit on yours when they didn't fit on mine. I already replaced the fenders and they are already painted. If you would have gotten back to me within a reasonable amount of time instead of my body shop having to contact you perhaps we could have come to an agreement. I would appreciate a full refund immediately.

And the reason I didn't care if they fit on theirs was because they could take pictures of ones that actually fit and say they're same ones for all I know. After saying there was nothing wrong with the fenders my trust in these companies was not very high.
Old 10-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #20
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
edit. Seen that the fenders required some modification. Hopefully u guys get it worked out OP.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:47 PM   #21
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
I don't know the OP nor Phastek, not taking sides. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but unless those pics are doctored, the RK fenders look like they're absolute garbage. "A little work"? Based on those gaps, a little adjusting won't cut it, RK needs new molds to make better fenders.

And honestly OP, Phastek doesn't have to communicate with you since you're not the customer. Seems to me like they're doing what they can. best of luck.

Last edited by LT1Zob; 10-22-2015 at 09:53 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-22-2015, 11:35 PM   #22
GetYouOne

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I agree some heavy extensive work to make those fit correctly. Terrible fitment from the pics.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:58 PM   #23
Tonys10SS

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Unfortunately, the way I see it Phastek handled this perfectly. Having worked for a large parts supplier here, I know what it is like to be the middle man between a vendor and a customer much like Phastek is here. The timeline and the way things were handled on their part is exactly the way things would be handled.

I have dealt with several parts that, whether made of steel or fiberglass (fiberglass being the worst), do require extensive body work to fit perfectly. Now that is not to say that they that they could not be better, but they are body panels. Body panels do require "body work" to fit perfectly for the most part. Granted, most of these parts I have seen are for classic muscle cars, but it is not uncommon. For the most part, everything goes smooth, however, there needs to be the understanding that aftermarket parts especially fiberglass body parts require work to fit. Just my opinion, however, as stated I have been the guy on the phone dealing with the vendor and the customer and everything in between and Phastek handled this exactly as it should have been handled.
Old 10-23-2015, 02:44 AM   #24
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by splashlog48 View Post
Laughing Here----Theyre probably tired of him too !!!!
Or maybe the body shop made it look harder than it really was to try and gouge some more money out of him labor wise? You know the scenario, do a really poor and rough mock up, bring the OP in and say we can make it work, but it's going to take cutting, and hours of extra work and x amount of more $$. I mean, this never happens in real life.../sarcasm. Now, they're sticking him with the shipping and the missing emblems since they couldn't get the extra 'labor' money? IDK...
Old 10-23-2015, 04:17 AM   #25
Floppydisk

This is a body shop. They deal with inferior cheapo insurance parts all the time. If they say it'll take all that to make them fit, then that's what I believe. Not to mention it doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize a little adjustment and sanding will not be enough. They are also doing an incredible job on my car. They have done a lot of work for me before this. I wouldn't trust just anyone to work on my car, much less what I'm doing to it. I'm not concerned in the slightest they would take advantage of me. They have my full trust.

There is also nowhere on the product page that says these parts need modification. To add to that on rk sport's website in the description for these fenders it says "factory quality fitment." Agree or disagree with whatever you want, but what I got was definitely NOT factory quality fitment.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:42 AM   #26
Crim

Drives: 13 Camaro SS
The very 1st sentence in this thread is a complete lie. The rest is just blah blah blah after that

Can't believe the OP stooped low enough to drag Phasteks good name into all of this.
Old 10-23-2015, 07:21 AM   #27
LynxSSavage
The Angry Orc

Drives: 2011 Cyber Grey Metallic Camaro SS
OP could cut and paste his emails to them, granted we would have to trust they weren't doctored either. The "good luck with that" is taunting.

But what about the phone calls Phastek spoke of? An upset customer and a rude customer are two different things. Having worked with customers I know the difference. OP only addressed the one email Phastek shared.

To garner support all details should be disclosed.

That said, there is no such thing as an aftermarket body panel, that's inexpensive, that does not require some work. The level of work depends on the part. What did the customer reviews of the part say? Did you consult with the bodyshop first given they deal with parts all the time? When it comes to body kits, you seriously get what you pay for. The cheaper the part the more work will need to be done. Whether it is steel, fiberglass or urethane. (urethane being easy to fit but cheap parts suffer drooping in the heat)

This sounds like a mix of issues. Phastek, as a middle man, is doing exactly what they are supposed to do and even bent a rule by talking with you at all. Their communication should have been between the shop and the supplier. This is not Phasteks fault. It sounds like the buyer had an expectation that was incorrect, the bodyshop either got a part that was out of their league or is gouging (just because they do a good job on other bits does not make them infallible nor honest) and that ones anger may have gotten the best of them (when dealing with trying to recoup funds or whatever the worst thing to do is to be rude and hang up on the middle man).

Either way, if community support is what you wish to garner, you have to provide the details. Leaving parts out only to have them brought up by the defending party makes the OP look untrustworthy. The defending party provided a detailed timeline (correct or not, they provided it) while the op only provided his recollection of the event without a time line or email response.

I do hope this works out, I know what it is like to buy a part and not get what was expected. I also know what it is like to be blamed and slammed for something that really is not my fault and was handled sort of properly. I say 'sort of' because the place I worked for would have just refunded the cash and taken the hit if the customer was NOT rude and it meant having a happy customer.
Old 10-23-2015, 01:31 PM   #28
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floppydisk View Post
There is also nowhere on the product page that says these parts need modification. To add to that on rk sport's website in the description for these fenders it says "factory quality fitment." Agree or disagree with whatever you want, but what I got was definitely NOT factory quality fitment.
I know what you mean. There is another company that sells body panels (can't remember the name) that clearly states on the site that it will require some professional cutting, sanding, etc. to get the panels to fit. Obviously, this will sway away potential customers but at least they are upfront about it.

Closed Thread