Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 03-24-2012, 04:23 AM   #99
J666

Drives: Camaro
Speechless!

How does your car ride lowered an inch and sitting on 22s?
J666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:08 PM   #100
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Thanks guys! Just ironing out some finishing touches on it...Nothing in the aftermarket world is a "perfect fit" Right Paul!!! LOL!!! Thanks for all your help with that issue, again! Pierre, you made the right move getting the AF gauge to the mix, definitely want that since you're going with the Maggie!

Aquablue, thanks so much for being my biggest supporter!! I appreciate it and once I get all the custom badging done & get too detail it and take some nice shots, I'll definitely submit it for COTW!! It would be an honor with all these awesome Camaros on this forum.

J666, there's noo rubbing whatsoever, I made sure of that before I decided to go with 22s, plus with the Pedders coilovers I have full adjustability in ride height also. I also upgraded all the stock bushings to urethane so that gets riid of all the sloppy mush feel, so the car is very solid. I'll be heading to the shop in a few to pick it up and give it a good couple of hours behind the wheel. We still have to add the Pedders Eccentric Bolt kit to really dial it in for the Pedders Aggressive street alignment, but I'm going to see how the ride height is, handling, etc...Yesterday we moved one of the pulley's over per Ted Jannetty's recommendation, and that really tightened up the belt. It's amazing what a great tuner can see from pictures...Great job Ted & your other recommendations will be following shortly!

I'll be back with hopefully some more pics & a ride report....Thanks again for the positive comments all & the support with my build, everyone here has been so helpful & fantastic!!!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 12:10 PM   #101
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
That's for sure! Glad to help John, I hope it works out.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #102
Kronix

Well I put some miles on the car this weekend before the rain came & I must say with the Pedders & other suspension mods the car is on rails, especially at 120mph+ !!! Thanks Pete @ Pedders for your help with dialing it in, I can only assume it'll be even better once we install the eccentric Alignment Bolt kit this week.

Also, a major announcement... I just got off the phone with Gary from Gary's Customz & I'm now getting the ZL1 front bumper & it's been paid in full, so now I just have to wait for Gary to get the call that more fascias are in.

This obviously means that I'll have an extra SS front end with the mailslot delete done, so that will be up for sale in the near future. If anyone is interested, it'll be on a first come first served basis. So hit me up if you want it. I would prefer someone in the Central/SoCal area but I will be able to ship using the same box that my new bumper comes in, you'll just have to pick up shipping charges. But I'll cross that bridge when the new one comes.

Here's some pics from Saturday

Sorry, little dirty, haven't had a chance to detail yet using all my Adam's products

Black Onyx Gauge Bezels & Shift plate from Emblempros

Again, thanks to everyone for all the support! More pics to come, I want to post some of the pictures from the Valentine 1 Radar system install in my rearview mirror & roof liner pod...It works great

Old 03-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #103
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR

Very nice John!!!

Looks like you got the rear spats back on!

Car is looking great, even better once you get the ZL1 fascia on!
Old 03-26-2012, 05:36 PM   #104
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Looking good.

I'm on the opposite coast, but I'll definitely entertain the idea. It can't hurt to ask anyway... Sending PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #105
Jmack25
COTW 5/7/12

Drives: 10' IOM 2SS RS
Congrats on COTW your camaro is truely amazing
Old 03-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #106
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Congrats on COTW bro!!
GEEo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #107
AngelSpeedFreak
Most hated in NM....

Drives: Sold the 6POINT2, went to a 50THZ06
car is looking bang'in

congrats on COTW....long time overdue...
Old 03-26-2012, 06:26 PM   #108
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Thanks so much for all the hard work putting together your build thread. That "Ride" is soooo HOT!!.
Kronix, I said it before and I will say it again, "Your Camaro is the best build I have had the pleasure to track". If it does not become COTW NOW, Stick a fork in me, I'm done!!!...
Nicely done and congrats my friend...AquablueL99...
Well, I guess they took me at my word.....Kronix....Nicely done my friend!!! She has all the goodies to be The Best of The Best....Congrats on BOTB....and COTW-----....
Old 03-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #109
Kronix

Well this sure was a pleasant surprise, coming home and seeing an email reply to my build but in the title I saw COTW and then I log on and see this GREAT HONOR!!!! Not sure how a Camaro is picked for this honor, but I'm certainly not going to complain & I feel honored to be among some of the finest Camaros on the planet!

Special thanks to AquaBlue99 for his constant support of my long & tedious build, SummoneR, AngelSpeedFreak & Tom D for always answering my PM's instantly, Pete @ Pedders, Eric @ MPD1, Jordan @ JPD Motorsports, the guys at AAC, Rick Hill of SLP, Paso Robles Chevy & their great team, Roger @ Emblem Pros, Lupe at River City Creations and Thank you to everyone here for making this
the best Camaro Forum on the net, this is such a great place, filled with great people with a common interest & a HUGE WEALTH of knowledge....I sincerely am honored! I've won trophies before in IASCA contests back when I had my Vette, but this Car of the Week takes the cake! I'm really proud that my efforts & the efforts of my main sponsor & good friend Ray @ Extreme Auto Works have been recognized by the powers that be.....You've really made my day, week, month, year!!! I moved here to Cali from the South Jersey area exactly a year ago this week, and it hasn't been the greatest year for me, and getting this car and doing the build has helped ease my transition and this honor on my year anniversary in Cali is simply awesome!!!

Thank you again to everyone involved & keep up the great work on the best forum on the internet!

(That sure felt like an Acadamy Award speech)

More good things to follow, since I'm doing the Pedders Eccentric Bolts (Alignment Kit) we called Jordan at JDP and he's sending us out some Pfadt Front Radius Arm Bearings & Rear Upper Control Arm Inner Bushings to replace the stock ones with. Thanks Jordan! So we'll be documenting that swap out towards the end of the week & then it's the ZL1 front bumper swap from Gary's Customz, so everything will be fully documented. In my excitement I forgot to take pics of the V1 system, so definitely tomorrow! I'll also respond to all who PM'd me about my front bumper.

Last edited by Kronix; 03-26-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #110
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Now that's a Camaro Kronix!!! Outstanding work, man! Congrats on COTW!!!!!

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #111
Tom D

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS RJT
John, Congrats and truly deserving. Can't wait to see it in person.
2010 2SS/RS RJT, ADM CAI, Borla Shorties, Borla "S" Cat Back, Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GMS Wires, GMS Rear Trailing Arms, GMS Rotors, GMS End Links, GMS Tunnel Brace, GMS Rear Tie Rods, GMS 1G Suspension Package, GMS Stage 3 CNC ported heads, GMS Spec'd R12 Custom Ground Camshaft, Snow Meth Injection, GMS Custom Tuned, Norris Catch Can, MTI Brake Lines, Pfadt Coilovers, Sway Bars, Camber Kit, and Rear LCA Reinforcement, , AAC Footwell, Trunk, DRL and Dome LED Lighting, Technostalgia Tail Lights, RED B/A Pedals, Kompression Custom Wheels with Nitto tires, 621RWHP/584RWTQ
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 09:59 PM   #112
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
Congrats! I'm proud to pass the honors on to such a beautiful car!
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx