Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 12-12-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
DIY - Install BFxenon HID Fog Light kit - RS and non-RS package

How-To: Install BFxenon HID Fog Lights

When installing BFxenon HID lights, for your safety, please remember to remove the battery terminal / positive lead to the battery before connecting any high voltage parts.

Step 1: Twist and pull to remove factory bulbs from the factory housing

*Step 2 and 3 are for the RS package equipped cars.
Step 2: Remove the black plastic surround, with a flat head screwdriver, by lifting up on plastic tabs.

Step 3: Remove the fog light housing from the bumper by squeezing the tabs and pushing them through the hole that secures them.

Step 4: Insert 5202 BFxenon HID bulbs directly into the housings (housings supplied in RS-Package kits) and secure them in place with the clips on the bulb. Make sure both sides clamp down

Step 5: Remove factory connection and attach the new lead provided

Step 6: Insert new lead into the ballast and connect the two leads on the ballast with the 5202 HID bulb

Step 7: Run the fog light switch into the cab.
*We ran the switch through the fender well and into the wire loom through the door. We had to add about 2’ of wire to accommodate the necessary length.
*You could also run it directly through the firewall by the brake master cylinder.

Step 8: Re-attach the positive battery connection and turn everything on. This is just to ensure everything lights up properly before you secure the ballasts and wires.

Step 9: Secure the HID ballast within the range of the connections so there is no stress on the bulb. Some recommended locations are; firewall, radiator mounting brace, front bumper brace, etc. (Some of these may not be the best option for every vehicle)

Step 10: Secure all the loose wiring away from any moving parts and out of the way of extreme heat.

Step 11: Enjoy your BFxenon HID headlights!

For more information or suggestions on how to make these instructions better, please contact: Sales@BFxenon.com
BFxenon.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:31 AM   #2
salohi

Drives: 90 Black Camaro, 02 Sable
nice work man
salohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:47 AM   #3
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
nice
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #4
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
sweet, the exact set up i want in DIY form, Thanks!
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:03 PM   #5
SilverIce1
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Automatic
I already have factory fog lights. Why wouldn't I just replace the bulbs, install the ballasts by connecting to the factory ground/power, and then use the factory switch to turn the fogs on and off?

Thanks!
SilverIce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #6
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

you could....

This is for the RS package or the LS/LT cars. The RS package doesnt have functioning "fog lights," they have DRL. Meaning they are only on during the day and you have no control otherwise. Also for the cars with no fog lights, this would be the kit to add them.
Old 12-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #7
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

BTW... 30% off all our kits this month!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:29 PM   #8
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

Just found out the RS and LS fog light package will be included in the Group Buy starting on Monday!!!
Old 02-14-2010, 09:52 AM   #9
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
If I have a non-rs Camaro that comes with foglights can I get HID replacements and if so what is the price, part #, and is there a DYI instruction on it? THanks.
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:44 PM   #10
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

PM sent Coop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
If I have a non-rs Camaro that comes with foglights can I get HID replacements and if so what is the price, part #, and is there a DYI instruction on it? THanks.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:09 PM   #11
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
If we install the new PnP harness that is being sold by a vendor on Camaro5 that allows the DRL lights to be on with the headlights and halos as well as still being using in the auto mode, can we do without adding a new switch wired back into the cabin?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65535
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 01:33 PM   #12
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

The bulbs are different from the RS (P13W) to the non-RS (5202). Our kit should work with it if you want to make the bulbs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldgoal00 View Post
If we install the new PnP harness that is being sold by a vendor on Camaro5 that allows the DRL lights to be on with the headlights and halos as well as still being using in the auto mode, can we do without adding a new switch wired back into the cabin?

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65535
Old 03-03-2010, 12:26 PM   #13
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFxenon.com View Post
The bulbs are different from the RS (P13W) to the non-RS (5202). Our kit should work with it if you want to make the bulbs...
Well shouldn't the kit work as long as I splice the new harness for the Ballast and remove the existing P13W light harness? Other than that they will still operated as a DRL and also as a driving light now that I have the PnP harness installed.

Also are these true 5202 HID bulbs or are these bulbs about 1/2 shorter then normal HID bulbs since they are made for fog lights. Other kits have full size bulbs which gets right up on the lens and could damage it.
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2010, 12:31 PM   #14
BFxenon.com
Account Suspended

What? What are you going to do with the bulb?

[QUOTE=fieldgoal00;1542990]Well shouldn't the kit work as long as I splice the new harness for the Ballast and remove the existing P13W light harness? Other than that they will still operated as a DRL and also as a driving light now that I have the PnP harness installed.
QUOTE]