Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-08-2008, 08:52 AM   #29
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
Guys dealerships are notorious for being lazy with information. Most are not even car buffs let alone Camaro enthusiasts. I can't understand working at a dealership and not loving the product you sell.

And for the guys "not getting a car till the fall"...."Geee guys I don't know I Mmmaaayyyy be able to get a car but, there are several thousand people in line for the car. You probably won't be able to get one till the year 2020. It's not our fault it's GM they just won't "allocate" the car to us. If they do give us a car...it is most likey going to be a V6.... they are only planning on making 2 or 3 V8's a year. I guess I could trrryyyy rreeaaalllly hard to get you one. Sticker on the car is going to be $113,000 plus tax license and title....then because of the small supply we are going to add a dealership market adjustment of another $40-50,000. I mean c'mon guys ther are only going to be 3 V8's this year, and we are only getting the tires this year. Hopefully next year we can get a fender or even 2. I would say by the end of the decade you should have the whole car."

-OR-

You could listen to Camaro Scotty who is pretty informed, knows that the camaro is rear wheel drive and has 2 doors. He has a realistic approach to the car knows there is going to be 80,000 units targeted, and is willing to sell the car at MSRP or BELOW!!!!
Shifty 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:09 AM   #30
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
If one dealer says that they don't know anything or says that every Camaro they are getting will go to their people, go to the next one. We often go into our dealership and fill them in on stuff that they don't know, especially about the Camaro...since we are enthusiasts and they aren't. This is your car and you are spending your hard earned money on it...buy from someone that wants your business and not just the closest dealer to you. Even if you have to go a bit out of your way to get it...think about the drive home!!!
Correct, go out of the way to get what you want. Other than a few people overseas, I will be taking the long way home compared to most. I am from Oregon and that is where I am buying my Camaro. I am currently working in Louisiana and when my car gets to my dealer I should be working near Mobile, AL. So when I pick my car up, think about that drive home.

I have a lot of faith in my dealer i've used for years and they have a world class service department. I prefer they install my dealer options. I have had problems with dealers in the Mobile area in the past or I would take delivery there. I'm not usually excited about a 3000 mile drive, but I am so looking forward to this one.

Anyway, definately take the steps needed to get the deal you want. It only took one E-mail for me to talk my dealer out of the $10,000 mark up they were going to charge. Tell them your terms, they will meet you r terms or you can buy elswhere. It's your car. You're the boss.

5 months and a week till production. This is getting exciting.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #31
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Cool; $300 back on your preorder?! Cool! Better read between all the lines just to COYA...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 09:15 AM   #32
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Wonder how many thumbs up I will get on a 3000 mile trip home in the Camaro.
How many Mustangs will I see?
How many of them will wish they had a Camaro?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:34 AM   #33
roadie2991
Camaroholic

Drives: '10 Camaro 2LT/RS IOM int/ext
I have the privilege to be friends with Patrick Morrison, the GM of Bankston Chevrolet in Dallas. (I called him this morning to ask permission to use his name.) We attended the "Unveil" at The State Fair of Texas together. I had the opportunity to tell him about Camaro5 and even introduced him to Turtle & Raven. He was very impressed with the knowledge and enthusiasm shown by the Camaro5 members that were present that evening. I will be placing the first order for Bankston Chevrolet at 8:30 a.m. Monday morning. Patrick would very much like for his first units that he receives to go to enthusiasts like us. When people ask us about our 5th Gens, and you know they will, he feels like we can represent the car to the public in a knowledgeable way. Word of mouth is very important to this man. All due respect to other dealerships that are represented here at Camaro5, I'm not trying to suggest that he wants our business more than you do. But for those of us in Texas, it's nice to know that there is an honest dealer in the area that genuinely wants to put us behind the wheel of a 2010 Camaro ASAP! I can speak from first hand experience about their customer service. In July, we purchased a Malibu from Patrick. It was hands down, the absolute best car buying experience that either my wife or I had ever had. My wife said that she felt like a celebrity!

I just wanted to pass on this info to our members. If anyone is interested in talking to Patrick about placing an order, PM me and I'll set it up. No, I don't work for Bankston Chevrolet and my interest is only in helping my Brothers & Sisters here at Camaro5 get their car in a timely manner, without the games that some dealerships may play.

-KTF
roadie2991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:31 AM   #34
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post
Guys dealerships are notorious for being lazy with information. Most are not even car buffs let alone Camaro enthusiasts. I can't understand working at a dealership and not loving the product you sell.

And for the guys "not getting a car till the fall"...."Geee guys I don't know I Mmmaaayyyy be able to get a car but, there are several thousand people in line for the car. You probably won't be able to get one till the year 2020. It's not our fault it's GM they just won't "allocate" the car to us. If they do give us a car...it is most likey going to be a V6.... they are only planning on making 2 or 3 V8's a year. I guess I could trrryyyy rreeaaalllly hard to get you one. Sticker on the car is going to be $113,000 plus tax license and title....then because of the small supply we are going to add a dealership market adjustment of another $40-50,000. I mean c'mon guys ther are only going to be 3 V8's this year, and we are only getting the tires this year. Hopefully next year we can get a fender or even 2. I would say by the end of the decade you should have the whole car."

-OR-

You could listen to Camaro Scotty who is pretty informed, knows that the camaro is rear wheel drive and has 2 doors. He has a realistic approach to the car knows there is going to be 80,000 units targeted, and is willing to sell the car at MSRP or BELOW!!!!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:48 AM   #35
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
20/80 or 30/70 according to different sources
or 50/50

I just wanted to make my opinion/ guess known. (and I don't guess or speculate much)
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:54 AM   #36
Tom Henry Racing

Drives: 98 Brickyard,The latest THR build
In defense of some dealers, I will tell you the only message I saw was to watch the broadcast Friday the 10th. If I hadn't have looked in Chevy Launch I might have missed it.
Tom Henry Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:56 AM   #37
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
or 50/50

I just wanted to make my opinion/ guess known. (and I don't guess or speculate much)
I suspect that this will be closer to reality for the 1st year.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:56 AM   #38
NVMY68SS
Drives #296

Drives: 1968 Camaro SS - 350/5 Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
or 50/50

I know the little birdy that helped you with your "guess"!
NVMY68SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:02 AM   #39
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVMY68SS View Post
I know the little birdy that helped you with your "guess"!
Just because I never guessed or speculated before, doesn't mean I can't start now
Old 10-08-2008, 11:04 AM   #40
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifty 6 View Post

All out of Camaro love...
Old 10-08-2008, 12:48 PM   #41
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pushing_Tin View Post
Cool, thanks. I assume that GM thinks that the bulk sold will be the V6?
I think its always been that way. There are way more V6 4th Gen. Camaros than there were V8 Camaros. I don't think that is anything to worry about.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 01:05 PM   #42
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
First, wait until there is more information out.

Second, shop the dealers. I did prior to ordering the SS and was able to get my Camaro under sticker. The internet is a good tool for doing this.

Finally, be patient. I'm not sure the dealers know much more than we do at this point. Take your did, get as much information as you can, and shop around for a dealer willing to work with you.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote