Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-21-2017, 06:53 PM   #1
Cyber10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Had a lady fail to yield to me in a roundabout a few hours ago and I T-boned her. Pretty low speed, around 15 mph.

Hit her square on the doors, main problem on my car is the fender being crushed in. It was originally against the front tire but we managed to pry it away enough for me to drive back to our shop instead of towing it. No fluid leaking, felt fine driving and no unusual sounds. Should get my initial quote done this week, then can figure out after if there is anything busted behind the bumper aside from the headlight.

She was exceptionally rude as well, I assume since she knew she was at fault.

Drive safe out there everyone

LS3 Conversion | Comp Cam Custom Grind | Mast Heads | Comp Cam Push Rods | LS7 Timing Chain | 180 Thermostat | Ported Intake | Ported TB | SLP UDP | K & N CAI | Custom 3800 Stall Converter | Aluminum 1 Piece Driveshaft | Kooks 1 7/8" LTH | High Flow Cats | ARH 3" Exhaust | ARH Mufflers | Eibach Lowering Springs | BMR Floor Brace Subframe Connectors with Tunnel Brace | BMR Moly Lower Rear Control Arms | Oracle LED Halo Kit
Cyber10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:55 PM   #2
Mike J

Drives: 2015 Topless Btch RS
That's a real ouchie bro...glad no ones was hurt
Mike J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 06:57 PM   #3
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Glad all are OK
Old 02-21-2017, 07:58 PM   #4
kingz
Banned

Drives: The best!!!!!!!
Dang ! Sorry this happened but I happy everyone is OK. Hope it get fixed fast for you
kingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 08:09 PM   #5
CanyonSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Hey man sorry for that, It happens ;/. I had to repair my car after some crap like that. Keep your head up! Beautiful car it will be shining on the streets again soon.

"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace." -- George Washington
Old 02-21-2017, 08:28 PM   #6
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Those roundabouts are the devils bane.

the one we have, it is refereed to as "Killer Circle" and I will go miles out of my way to avoid it.

Death trap.

When we were traveling south I couldn't believe how many of those I saw, as if a four way traffic signal wasn't safer.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:29 PM   #7
CanyonSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFred View Post
Those roundabouts are the devils bane.

the one we have, it is refereed to as "Killer Circle" and I will go miles out of my way to avoid it.

Death trap.

When we were traveling south I couldn't believe how many of those I saw, as if a four way traffic signal wasn't safer.

Yea man! Screw THAT! Sounds terrible.

"To be prepared for war is one of the most effective means of preserving peace." -- George Washington
Old 02-21-2017, 08:53 PM   #8
Cyber10

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I wasn't too upset about it because my shop can fix it so I can potentially do some upgrades and it all looked cosmetic. The sheriff's deputy that happened to be going through the circle a few seconds after the accident said the same thing about roundabouts, he said he sees them all the time on that particular circle when he's going to and from home.

I'm pretty sure the lady went with the ambulance after the incident, deputy told me she was claiming to be injured but he thought she was just feigning due to her being at fault. I feel fine right now although I'm still a little jittery, I have a feeling I'll have a sore neck in a day or too as I can already feel a little stiffness.

The kicker is the only reason I was even where I was is because I had to run to the BMV to get something figured out on my registration and then needed to head to my second job which is in the opposite direction of my full time job. Normally I'd leave my full time job to my second job and be nowhere near there at that time. I might just head a street further west and bypass all of the roundabouts from now on.

At least the police said my car/cam sounded good

LS3 Conversion | Comp Cam Custom Grind | Mast Heads | Comp Cam Push Rods | LS7 Timing Chain | 180 Thermostat | Ported Intake | Ported TB | SLP UDP | K & N CAI | Custom 3800 Stall Converter | Aluminum 1 Piece Driveshaft | Kooks 1 7/8" LTH | High Flow Cats | ARH 3" Exhaust | ARH Mufflers | Eibach Lowering Springs | BMR Floor Brace Subframe Connectors with Tunnel Brace | BMR Moly Lower Rear Control Arms | Oracle LED Halo Kit
Cyber10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:03 PM   #9
Raulo19

Drives: 2013 Dusk SS, 2017 Pacifica
Have your insurance agent file a coc for the accident or the state will treat you like a criminal.
Raulo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:27 PM   #10
Gunmetal Speedster

Drives: Savitar; The 500rwhp N/A Monster!
Glad everyone is alright. Sucks what happened though
*SOLD*504HP/433TQ | Night Fury cammed • Cold Air Inductions intake • Bo White ported TB • Speed Engineering 1 7/8 longtubes • NPP catback • QTP low profile cutouts • Powerbond 25% UDP • 3.73 gears • JRE scoop • ZL1 grille • R1 Concepts drilled/slotted rotors • built/tuned by Weapon X Motorsports
Gunmetal Speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:35 AM   #11
Junior

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS A6 AGM
Send a message via Skype™ to Junior
Roundabouts (single lane) are nothing new and should be focused on more in driving schools and tests. Traffic circles are used all over the world to mitigate traffic, accidents, and keep the flow. Roundabouts are actually proven to be safer than intersections. It's just amazing how many drivers don't know how they work. It's also amazing how many drivers don't look at the traffic signs that detail what lane is for what action when approaching a traffic circle. It's a shame really. Europeans dance around their massive traffic circles as if it were the waltz at a black tie affair. In contrast we Americans seem to look more like mating bees in a frenzy.
Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:53 AM   #12
ron123

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Lucky the officer was right on the scene.
Did she get a ticket for failure to yield?
Since there is impact to the tire/wheel ... good to make sure no possible damage to strut and control arm. Alignment should also be checked.
Are you going to be present after they pull off the fender, bumper cover, and hood to inspect the strut tower, metal radiator support, bumper beam areas?
Was it a glancing hit and cars kept going or did the collision cause fairly sudden stop? Just in case, maybe not open the passenger door in case the fender moved back, so door edge margin does not get scraped.
Ron
2014 2SS/RS, Z28 CAI and High Wing Spoiler, ZL1 5.1:1 Ratio Short-Throw Shifter, ZL1 Pedals, ZL1 splash guards, NPP Dual-mode quad tip exhaust, Z28 strut tower brace, Camaro LED Cup-holders with footwell Lighting option, Leather visors, and Leather E-brake boot. Chevy dealer sponsored 67 retro SS nose stripe package.

Last edited by ron123; 02-22-2017 at 07:03 AM.
ron123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:07 AM   #13
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 07:29 AM   #14
BigRed585Lbs

Drives: Sierra and Tahoe
It amazes me how many drivers do not know what "merge" and "yield" mean or how to enter an intersection, whether it be in town or an entrance ramp to the highway. The prevailing mentality seems to be, "Out of my way! I'm coming in, whether you like it or not!". Most times, those doing it right end up paying the price.

Good luck on getting back on the street.
BigRed585Lbs is offline   Reply With Quote