Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #29
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Thank guys.

Ok. Just got in from some break in miles with a friend and also NASA spec miata racer. Thoughts in no particular order.

Car feels very solid.
It pulls really hard in 2nd and 3rd gears.
The power is nice and linear, the speed is almost deceiving as it just keeps pulling through the RPMs.
My buddy commented on how crisp the shifts were from the passenger seat.
NPP sounds awesome, but in a parking lot ect I can hear the metal flaps "tinning"
Brakes are solid. I like the pedal feel and feed back.
Steering feedback is nice (so far on the street)
I love the 2013 rimless rearview mirror as it actually makes te windshield seem bigger. (Less in your line of site)
Holy cow these power windows are fast down and these doors are long when opening them
Most importantly: I have yet to have hill assist kick in. I expected it a couple times on actual inclines and I got nothing? So far so good but I am going to try to get it to kick in tomorrow just to see if it is actually there.

Highlights of the first night out.:

A modified G8 wanted to have a go so we both rolled out of a turn around and had at it. By 3rd I was 3-4 cars up. (This was in Mexico) he rolls up at the light and says. "What all do you have done to it" ME " nothing. Bone stock, just picked it up today and I only have 129 miles on it. HIM (with a look like I just took his candy "oh"

2nd. And nice young African American riding in a hooptie with a pick in his hair stops his phone conversation mid sentence at a light and yells at the top of his lungs. THAT IS A BAD B*TCH so I reply with a thank you.

Finally as we were heading in a flock of 3 brand new M plate stingrays is heading northbound on Woodward (we are now back in Michigan) so we follow to get a better look. Exchange friendlies with the driver of the lead car and just take them in. WOW those look hot on the street.

That's about it for the first night out. I am very happy with my purchase!

-Matt
Great write up Matt - good to read this from someone that tracks regularly.
Maybe they eliminated HSA on yours
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:59 AM   #30
Zorns

Drives: ?
You drove from Detroit to Mexico and back in one night?
Zorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:22 AM   #31
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
You just had to go there...
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:29 AM   #32
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Update:

The exhaust is not tinning anymore . There is (was) and tiny alignment nub about the size of a round aspirin on the mid pipe to help align the cat conv. when they are slipped together. During assembly I can see the where off my about mm and it broke this tiny aspirin sized nub off the midpipe but it was caught under neath the safety catch. This tiny little "metal pill" was making a metal tinning noise that was being carried through the system. I removed it with a screw driver. Noise gone!

Hill Start Assist. It came on yesterday on what was an obvious incline in a parking lot. I started the car, felt it come on as I went into gear and saw the indicator on the dash. Started to apply throttle and let the clutch out and drove away fine. At this point mine HSA is a non issue.

Launch Control. Thumbs down for now. I had been driving for over and hour (read hot tires) and decided to give it a try. Competivive mode, in first, clutch in, floor car, rpm hold at 4300ish and release clutch. Tires chirped twice and car fell on its face, RPMs dropped to about 2500-2800 and it bogged and then started to go.

My passenger laughed and then proceed to tell me I must have done it wrong. We pulled over. Read the how to online and ever watch the YouTube video on how to. Second try same results. I will give it one more try when the tires are cold and then I just won't use it unless I add more HP as it barely turned over the sticky tires.

On a side note I added my SLP skip shift eliminator when I was diagnosing the exhaust noise. Installed my ZL1 rear splash guards, removed the Bowtie on the deck lid, installed my Drake Bowtie insert on the front grill and finally programmed my favorites on te radio. .

Drove her to work today (38 miles) and loved every minute of it.

Tomorrow she gets the 3M clear bra installed.

Might just have this change to a built thread, so more to come

Matt
Attached Images

Last edited by Dropspeed; 05-17-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Dropspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:00 PM   #33
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Hill Start Assist. It came on yesterday on what was an obvious incline in a parking lot. I started the car, felt it come on as I went into gear and saw the indicator on the dash. Started to apply throttle and let the clutch out and drove away fine. At this point mine HSA is a non issue.
Congrats on the car, Matt!

In reference to HSA, I asked in the "HSA Disable Method?" thread whether or not those that are having issues with the system are simply accustomed to a different driving style, where they bring the clutch up to the bite point before giving gas as apposed to doing simultaneously. Keep us posted, but I feel this is the issue. On other cars, a similar HSA system will not disengage until it detects the driver has applied the accelerator.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:13 PM   #34
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
Congrats on the car, Matt!

In reference to HSA, I asked in the "HSA Disable Method?" thread whether or not those that are having issues with the system are simply accustomed to a different driving style, where they bring the clutch up to the bite point before giving gas as apposed to doing simultaneously. Keep us posted, but I feel this is the issue. On other cars, a similar HSA system will not disengage until it detects the driver has applied the accelerator.
Thank you!

That may be a good point. I have always used the approach (and taught) that both feet should be moving simultaneously. If the clutch is being depressed the gas should be lifted. If the gas is being depressed the clutch should be coming up and visa versa.

An now that I think about it more and more the moments that I expected it to come on and it didn't I went straight from brake to gas as I started to release the clutch. If your theory is correct that would explain why I have only seen it once in 400 miles when it was parked on a hill

It is 61 degrees here and the tires do not even like this temp much. The car was dancing in 1st gear and even rolling into it hard in second. What a great car!

Matt