Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

View Poll Results: What is the worst brand of car you can buy in America (or wherever you are)?
Hyundai/Kia 27 21.95%
Toyota/Scion/Lexus 15 12.20%
Mitsubishi 28 22.76%
Honda/Acura 7 5.69%
Nissan/Infiniti 5 4.07%
Volkswagon/Audi/Porsche 8 6.50%
BMW/Mini 3 2.44%
Mazda 3 2.44%
Mercedes-Benz/Smart 4 3.25%
Subaru 3 2.44%
Saab 17 13.82%
Volvo 2 1.63%
Fiat 12 9.76%
Chrysler/Dodge/Ram 12 9.76%
Ford/Lincoln 5 4.07%
Chevrolet/GMC/Buick/Cadillac (remember what site you're visiting, trolls!) 2 1.63%
(obligatory OTHER category) 4 3.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2013, 03:26 PM   #57
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
I have owned 2 Saabs in the past, an 01 Convertible and an 08 SportCombi, both were excellent quality and I never had a single mechanical issue with either. Interesting Poll, I guess it just depends on your personal experience with the vehicles you have owned.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 04:31 AM   #58
2012 Mustang GT

Drives: 2012 Mustang GT, 1998 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeSS View Post
thanks, she is a lil banged up, but will be fine. had to take a week off of work to recover
she declined X-rays, but says her chest is acting up
Well She hit her chest on the steering wheel on the steering wheel.

Why is this?
my mom hit her chest on the steering wheel pretty bad, Im sure an airbag would have helped

as for my aunt, she hit her head on the column of the passenger side
which has the airbag sign, so I'm guessing it would have been better if she hit an airbag as well
Sensors for the air bags are in the front of the car. So unless something hits the front of the car they will not deploy. Yeah it sucks she hit the steering wheel. But the force from the airbag would have been much worse. Especially if she was close enough to hit the steering wheel. Check youtube for people deploying airbags as pranks. They will launch a person into the air.

And I voted for Chrysler...pure garbage
2012 Mustang GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 06:50 AM   #59
Jchuba03

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 View Post
Saturn definitely needs to be on this poll haha that's who I'd vote for. Got some advice from a mechanic once. "When it turns over 100,000 miles, park it on the side of the road and walk away"
I had an '04 Saturn Ion as my previous car, and man, that think just went. 180k miles, And I put it through Hell and and back. Imagine the beating it took from the combination of 2 years of high school abuse, 5 years of college, plus all the winters. Never once did I have to make any major repairs. In fact, if I could do it over again, I wouldn't have used it as a trade in. For the 1000$ the dealer gave me, I should have kept it as a winter/daily driver car, but you live and learn I guess.
Jchuba03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #60
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
People get cut out of cars every day, does that mean they are tougher than others? My point was they make them out to be stronger than they actually are.. They will not stand up to being crushed by a monster truck....And that is lying to buyers.
For what I was used to, and what I had to do to slice the roof for a "roof peel" on that wagon, it was an impressive piece of engineering.

Not monster-truck worthy, but impressive.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote