Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 02-16-2013, 03:19 PM   #85
trainman

Drives: 2012 CTS V,2000 Firehawk, SRT Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
This is a Camaro site, so that's usually the main topic. There is a "Camaro vs" thread for comparisons to other makes.
I realize that, but there have been several mentions of the Boss Mustang in this thread....as competion to the Z28 (or 1LE). So as long as we are speculating about the Z28 (and its competition) then some should be aware of a budget Challenger. I for one like the idea of a less expensive (and possibly lighter) LS7 powered Camaro. I think getting the weight down below 3800 lbs with an LS7 would sell like hotcakes. In the "other makes " section there is mention of the Core Challenger SRT. I just thought people interested in an LS7 Z28(as I am) would like to know about the competition.
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:35 PM   #86
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
I realize that, but there have been several mentions of the Boss Mustang in this thread....as competion to the Z28 (or 1LE). So as long as we are speculating about the Z28 (and its competition) then some should be aware of a budget Challenger. I for one like the idea of a less expensive (and possibly lighter) LS7 powered Camaro. I think getting the weight down below 3800 lbs with an LS7 would sell like hotcakes. In the "other makes " section there is mention of the Core Challenger SRT. I just thought people interested in an LS7 Z28(as I am) would like to know about the competition.
I already mentioned it (included a link) a week or 2 ago in Shno's thread.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:25 PM   #87
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
I had thought of going to Pete and Becky and saying offer a 1LE with Pedders, ZL1 brakes, ZL1 side skirts and an LS7 option calling it a 1LZ. The ZL1 emblems will work (just reverse them)
....my vision is, since Pete is such a force in the automotive performance world, showing GM a Pedders full Monte Becky upgrade ride, going onward to achieving an OEM supplier status, and then ultimately breaking out to an RPO dealer installed full performance package for our beloved next Gen Camaro. It's gonna happen, mark my words.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I'd like to see a LS7 dropped in a 1LE just to see how it would run.
..the skinny is there may be a 427 CID retro esque LS style "LS7" type Gen 5 DI motor coming...be carefull what you wish for! Funk and Wagnel says it may be in the works for the C7 Z06 Vette. Oh, sorry, thats the not too distant future, the old LS7, in short supply, will be available for a limited run for the Camaro5 line before the line change. They moved the Wixom works next year to Bowling Green.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #88
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
I meant I'd like to see someone drop a crate LS7 in, not a factory option.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:58 PM   #89
OldScoolCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
I meant I'd like to see someone drop a crate LS7 in, not a factory option.
...I imagine someone has already done it, but since we are a small microcosim of the HP world here we haven't read about it on C5.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:41 PM   #90
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
I find it unusual that no one has mentioned competition from the new model from Dodge....the Core Challenger SRT... a no frills, cloth interior, 470 hp 392 6-speed Challenger for $39,995.
The problem with the SRT8 even though it is a 1/4 mile beast is that its weight and suspension dont hang with the Boss and 1LE on a road course. When the LS7 Camaro hits the streets I believe it will own both competitors at the strip or track.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 09:40 AM   #91
Bhobbs

Drives: 2015 SS 1LE Red Hot, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
...I imagine someone has already done it, but since we are a small microcosim of the HP world here we haven't read about it on C5.
I'm sure if it hasn't happened, it will.
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #92
OldScoolCamaro

....plug and play...today, with the internet and networking available as if it were in a phone book....it's a no brainer. Research and or trial by error has gone by the wayside...for the ones wanting the knowledge....it's only a click away.