Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-30-2013, 07:03 PM   #15
Mchlgrrsn
Stroked and blown

Drives: 2010 LS3 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
I have the Hartford Insurance through AARP. I recently called them and inquired about including my mods in the coverage. They said they do not do that, and do not provide any type of coverage for that. I guess that is OK as I don't pay very much for insurance.
They charge for it. I think you have to call it a show car.
LME 416 LS3 shortblock/Callies Compstar 4340 4"crank/Callies 6.125 H beams rods/Wiesco 4.07 forged pistons/Cam Motion custom LS1/LME ported heads /maggie TVS2300/I West 8rib 10%OD /3.2 pulley/OD cog drive/JRE tensioner/ID850 /ADM dual fuel/Kooks LT 1 7/8/magna flow2.5 /cat delete/Roto Fab CAI /MGW short throw /SPEC super twin clutch/G Force built trans,carbon syncro rear shaft upgrade /DSS 9"single CF DS /Strange 3.70/31 spline trutrac/MT DR's/earls oil cooler /tuned KHC
Mchlgrrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:02 PM   #16
Mooch

Drives: 2010 camaro
I bought a Supercharged GTO at an auction once...brand new Maggie on it. Called the guy who owned it and he said his insurance company would not let him take it off. He ended up eating the mod. I've seen a lot of cars go thru auctions with no intakes on them, if it was my car I would have it towed back to my house so I could pull my mods off. Until the insurance pays you for it, it is still your vehicle. Better to ask for forgivness than beg for permission.
Mooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:58 PM   #17
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
I had a 1978 z28 totaled. While it was in the insurance companies compound someone stole a bunch of stuff out of it. Rims, Carb, intake, stereo. You could tell that it was an inside job. I went and got estimates on replacements and they cut me a check for all of it.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:51 PM   #18
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
This is a good question and I've thought about it as well. I think the best option would be to have the car towed to either your house or to a paint shop in your favor. That will give you the ability to pull some of the stuff off although there is a good chance you wouldn't get everything. Like someone mentioned, it's still your car until it's officially totaled and they write you or your bank a check.

If the part was damaged in the wreck....my guess is you would be SOL. I doubt they'll reimburse you for it. It would only make sense to me that they would want to charge you more per month if they were going to cover additional add-ons to the car.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #19
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
Here's a good question. What if another driver is at fault and their insurance company is responsible for damages? I do not know whether your Insurance Policy/Coverage is invoked. It would seem, that the other drivers insurance should be responsible for all losses from the collision. However, I'm sure it's not that simple.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #20

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
Here's a good question. What if another driver is at fault and their insurance company is responsible for damages? I do not know whether your Insurance Policy/Coverage is invoked. It would seem, that the other drivers insurance should be responsible for all losses from the collision. However, I'm sure it's not that simple.
Actually, I think it is that simple....If you know for sure it's the other partie's fault and they are responsible, you can file a claim with your own insurance if it gets things moving quicker, then your insurance will get re-imbursed from the other one....

If it's a drawn out thing of who's at fault, get your car fixed with your own inurance, then they can figure out later who pays what...

....Or, you can just have the other party's insurance handle it and not file a claim with your insurance...

...Either way, you will want an adjuster from your insurance to look at the car and the figures for your own protection...All the agents, adjusters work together anyway, just to make it go smoother for you and them...At least, that's how it went for me...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #21
Chevy69er

Drives: 2011 SLP ZL-585, 13' Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
I have the Hartford Insurance through AARP. I recently called them and inquired about including my mods in the coverage. They said they do not do that, and do not provide any type of coverage for that. I guess that is OK as I don't pay very much for insurance.
usually you can get a "rider" policy. That covers mods.
Chevy69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:36 PM   #22
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
If your vehicle is NOT a daily driver I woul;d switch over to a collector car insurance company. I had my 2001 Z28 unde Grundy Collector Car insurance for an agreed value of $35k that means if the car is totalled or stolen I get the full $35k. I was paying right at $435 a year no limitations on miles the only thing is you cannot use to to drive to and from work on a daily basis.
Old 05-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #23
alanhurst
Master Chief

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS L99
They wind up on ebay.