Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-28-2010, 04:49 PM   #253
Sasquatch
C5 THAKILYETI

Drives: 2LTRS
Ah, October. A festive month. The perfect time of year for OnStar to engage in their typically demonic doings. It is of the devil to treat your fellow man this way! I am NOT RELIGIOUS, and it's hard to CAPITALIZE my words on a smart phone, but it sure is easy for onstar to line their pockets with my hard earned cash, even after we all put our faith in a bailout era company. They listen to my conversations all night with their hidden devices, and then they advertise shit I won't buy! I live in fear of onstar. I'm afraid to cancel because they can just shut my camaro down at any time and that's it. Do I trust them anymore after this disrespect? I am afraid to contemplate!!!! ANGRY CUSTOMER!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sasquatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #254
Camaro4Life2011

Drives: Black Camaro 2LT RS with Sunroof
Couple of questions wondering if any of you can answer them:

First, is there any date at all or even rumors as when this might (if ever) be available for blackberry users?

Also, how much is this onstarr service a month?/???

LASTLY, for all those raving bout the 2010 not having it, I am pretty confident that they are doing everything in their power to get it on the 2010. They know that the extension of their service depends heavily on this app for camaros. Just my 2 pennies. (cents ikk)
Camaro4Life2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:00 PM   #255
philipdistefano
Remember, Remember...

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Send a message via AIM to philipdistefano
Quote:
Originally Posted by lock View Post
The app doesnt work with my 06 Colorado.

Gm should put an LS motor in my IROC-Z. How dare they come out with improvements and not take care of my older vehicle.
No, that's not an accurate analogy. The hardware is already there; we just need a firmware upgrade to support it on the 2010 model.
philipdistefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:01 PM   #256
vuduman67

Drives: Victory Red 2SS/RS
IF I had to speculate, I would say its a security issue with gen 8. Im sure they could make it work right now, it doesnt seem like it would be that difficult but if there is a security flaw that prevents the release until it gets fixed then I say good plan on the waiting. I hope us 2010 owners get it eventually but Im not gonna loose sleep over it.
vuduman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:08 PM   #257
philipdistefano
Remember, Remember...

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited 6MT
Send a message via AIM to philipdistefano
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duper View Post
:mad0 260:: mad0260::mad02 60:

Hey GM, Onstar - don't you know who I am?!? I have an iPhone AND a Camaro! Show me some respect!!! You evil corporation, you must give me the free app I deserve! I will cancel my onstar service the next chance I get if you don't give me my free app now! What if I'm in my anger management class and I realize I forgot to lock my car?!? Do you think I should have to walk back to my car to lock it?!?? How dare you!?!? You suck you suck you suck. I hate you I hate you I hate you!!!!!!

:mad0 260:: mad0260::mad02 60:
Wow.

No.

Imagine you buy a Dell computer today with Windows 7. Now let's suppose that Microsoft pulls a miracle out of its a$$ and week from now, Windows 8 is released. You don't mind paying for the new version of Windows, but Dell won't let you use it on your new computer because it's an older model, even though there's no technical reason, as the computer's hardware fully supports Windows 8. Your only option to get Windows 8 is to buy a new computer, even though you just bought your current one a week ago.

That's what's going on here. If you don't understand, don't make fun of us 2010 owners for bashing GM's decision with this product.
philipdistefano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #258
Duper

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS / RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by philipdistefano View Post
even though there's no technical reason...

That's what's going on here. If you don't understand, don't make fun of us 2010 owners for bashing GM's decision with this product.
You're just assuming there's no technical reason. You don't know that to be fact. You can read my last post to figure out which category you're in.
Old 10-28-2010, 05:24 PM   #259
jennnchuck

Drives: 2010 yellow 2lt/rs
i have a 2010 camaro i have managed to live about 8 months without this app and i am pretty sure i will survive another couple of months or years without it. if it was available for my car sure i would have it, but its not so i'm really not that concerned about it. to me the app doesn't come out for a few more months, when it does i will download it and use it till then i'm not going to allow it to ruin my day. to me the worse comment on here is the 2011 owners putting down the 2010 owners, be honest is it really necessary?. without us there would have been no 2011 models. we all had a choice i am extremely happy with my decision and wouldn't change it for any app. lets all continue getting along and helping each other.

P.S. if the app was that great they would charge for it....
Old 10-28-2010, 06:35 PM   #260
formare
The Milano

Drives: 2017 Firefly ShipWorks
Gm you have Shate on the people who were faithful to you more than once now. Man I wish I bought a ford. They should be rewarded while gm should be punished for there crappy customer loyalty. I am completely disgusted at gm for ignoring the existing 2010 customers yet again.... Shame.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #261
bluetooth-ss

Drives: 2010 ABM 2SS/RS A6 and 2018 2500
BFD. I ain't going to lose any sleep over it.
Old 10-28-2010, 06:48 PM   #262
MaddogZ28

Drives: 2002 Camaro Z28, 2011 SS/RS
mine isn't working! It keeps telling me my registration code is incorrect even though i have entered it several times (correctly) and i asked for another code and entered that one correctly also.
MaddogZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #263
Firefly

Drives: 2010 camaro inferno orange
yep its on the android market to...just installed and it works on my 2010 camaro 2SS...but i have a manually trans so no auto start
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #264
Firefly

Drives: 2010 camaro inferno orange
oh and i have a Droid X
Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #265
LoneStar

Drives: 2011 IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
yep its on the android market to...just installed and it works on my 2010 camaro 2SS...but i have a manually trans so no auto start
So it worked on your 2010? Everyone else (including OnStar) says it only works for the 2011's right now.
LoneStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #266
cnrad

Drives: a wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennnchuck View Post
i have a 2010 camaro i have managed to live about 8 months without this app and i am pretty sure i will survive another couple of months or years without it. if it was available for my car sure i would have it, but its not so i'm really not that concerned about it. to me the app doesn't come out for a few more months, when it does i will download it and use it till then i'm not going to allow it to ruin my day. to me the worse comment on here is the 2011 owners putting down the 2010 owners, be honest is it really necessary?. without us there would have been no 2011 models. we all had a choice i am extremely happy with my decision and wouldn't change it for any app. lets all continue getting along and helping each other.

P.S. if the app was that great they would charge for it....
Maybe they arent charging for it because the only people that are able to use it are people paying for their OnStar service
cnrad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2011, app, chevrolet, iphone, onstar