Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 08-31-2009, 11:05 PM   #15
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
I and my family have had atleast 8 vettes done by them...great shop
Damn.....thats bad azz!!
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 03:07 PM   #16
RS-SS2

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 09 mini, 01 3500
Well guys my car arrived at LPE this past Friday and was slated for the 570hp pkg. Over the weekend i started thinking about going up to the 650 hp pkg. I couldn't decide if i wanted to spend the extra $$$ to upgrade now . I thought well i could get the 570hp now and send it back up there in a year or two for the 650hp pkg. After talking with a couple of members here and weighing the pros and cons it made sense to do it now. In addition, for me shipping alone back and forth from the southwest is one third of the pkg upgrade.

Thank you for your knowledge and your experiences Windy city, speed74 and all others who contribute with informative information.
RS-SS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:22 PM   #17
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS-SS2 View Post
Well guys my car arrived at LPE this past Friday and was slated for the 570hp pkg. Over the weekend i started thinking about going up to the 650 hp pkg. I couldn't decide if i wanted to spend the extra $$$ to upgrade now . I thought well i could get the 570hp now and send it back up there in a year or two for the 650hp pkg. After talking with a couple of members here and weighing the pros and cons it made sense to do it now. In addition, for me shipping alone back and forth from the southwest is one third of the pkg upgrade.

Thank you for your knowledge and your experiences Windy city, speed74 and all others who contribute with informative information.
That's cool you upgraded... I am going to stay with the 570 package for now. I am upgrading suspension and tires/wheels on the car after the LPE install. I am going to get used to this much first.. I may upgrade 2 - 3 years out to the 650.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:31 PM   #18
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
Quote:

Woo-Hoo RS, wanna race!
Old 09-01-2009, 05:31 PM   #19
RS-SS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
Woo-Hoo RS, wanna race!
Windy, Yes, Yes lets race!! Only problem your call will be finished here in two weeks. I will have to cut out my floor board and get 650 friends to have a go at it. Do you have any updates on the progress of yours?
Old 09-01-2009, 05:43 PM   #20
Windy City

Quote:
Windy, Yes, Yes lets race!! Only problem your call will be finished here in two weeks. I will have to cut out my floor board and get 650 friends to have a go at it. Do you have any updates on the progress of yours?
No:( All I heard is that the motor is assembled. I am not sure if RPM has the trans back in Lingy's hands or not. I'll have to send Kevin an email. Sounds like they have been pretty busy there!
Old 09-01-2009, 05:44 PM   #21
RS-SS2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
That's cool you upgraded... I am going to stay with the 570 package for now. I am upgrading suspension and tires/wheels on the car after the LPE install. I am going to get used to this much first.. I may upgrade 2 - 3 years out to the 650.
570hp, I totally understand I could have gone either way, ended up being a last minute decision to upgrade now. How soon til you car arrives @ LPE. Seems as though our cars should cross paths there. This site sure does help the time pass while we wait in anticipation.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:23 PM   #22
Sack Rat 2SS

Drives: Silver SS/RS, Man 6
Still have my C5R 427 CI TT C-5 Vette. This car was done six years ago at LPE in Indianna and I cannot fathom parting with it. What would I replace it with?? Idles at 650 rpm, 720 rwhp, quiet, no emissions problems, no DIC codes, and still runs like snot!! The CORE people at LPE are still there and they have tons of business for all the right reasons, quality and performance.

My car was worked on by Andy of ADM Performance when it was at Indiana for a Phase II forged TT motor six years ago. Now, Andy is in the Camaro5 business here in the DFW area and developing product for our Camaros. So, what do you see in my 2010 Camaro's future?? Dah!! Not TT this time but a serious forged NA motor for my SS/RS 6 spd. He has worked on my cars for over 20 years doing many various minor and major tweeks and tunes. Anyone in or near DFW area or Indianna area wanting to do some tweeks to their Camaro needs to check out LPE and/or ADM Performance.
Sack Rat 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:35 PM   #23
Windy City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sack Rat 2SS View Post
Still have my C5R 427 CI TT C-5 Vette. This car was done six years ago at LPE in Indianna and I cannot fathom parting with it. What would I replace it with?? Idles at 650 rpm, 720 rwhp, quiet, no emissions problems, no DIC codes, and still runs like snot!! The CORE people at LPE are still there and they have tons of business for all the right reasons, quality and performance.

My car was worked on by Andy of ADM Performance when it was at Indiana for a Phase II forged TT motor six years ago. Now, Andy is in the Camaro5 business here in the DFW area and developing product for our Camaros. So, what do you see in my 2010 Camaro's future?? Dah!! Not TT this time but a serious forged NA motor for my SS/RS 6 spd. He has worked on my cars for over 20 years doing many various minor and major tweeks and tunes. Anyone in or near DFW area or Indianna area wanting to do some tweeks to their Camaro needs to check out LPE and/or ADM Performance.
SWEET! I have heard alot of good things about ADM also. Lingy was much closer for me. The "I could never part with it" comment is also something I have heard from many other Lingenfelter infused owners. Thanks
Old 09-01-2009, 07:33 PM   #24
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy City View Post
SWEET! I have heard alot of good things about ADM also. Lingy was much closer for me. The "I could never part with it" comment is also something I have heard from many other Lingenfelter infused owners. Thanks
Yeah I would never get rid of my LPE C6 ZO6
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #25
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Same here but seeing the 650 packages done and hearing about them may put me over the edge for next year.
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:43 PM   #26
600hp-lpe

Quote:
570hp, I totally understand I could have gone either way, ended up being a last minute decision to upgrade now. How soon til you car arrives @ LPE. Seems as though our cars should cross paths there. This site sure does help the time pass while we wait in anticipation.
My car should arrive any day now at Courtesy - 2 miles from LPE. I thought it would have already been there by now.. it should be REAL SOON.

I was able to sign all the papers for it today at the local dealership I bought it from. My salesperson said that usually the car is no more than two days out from when they receive the certificate of origin - I hope so.

I wish I could have spent the extra $$$ on the 650 as well.. I decided to upgrade the tires, wheels, suspension, and body panels over the winter.
Those upgrades are going to be over 10K when I am done with them.
Old 09-02-2009, 10:20 PM   #27
600hp-lpe

Quote:

How long till your car is done? Got a new ETA for when it will be back to you?

Next summer is going to be FUN for all of us! RS, Are you able to drive the toys in the winter season in NM? Does it snow there? Although it's not so much the snow as it is the SALT and sand the DPW uses on the roads. I wait until they sweep that stuff up first and it rains a few times.

I will use the time between mid-November to May to work on my car. Living in NH, we will see a fair amount of snow. I won't be working on it the whole time.. That's snowmobile season! Thank Goodness for winter toys! Makes the winter go by faster.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #28
RS-SS2

Quote:
My car should arrive any day now at Courtesy - 2 miles from LPE. I thought it would have already been there by now.. it should be REAL SOON.

I was able to sign all the papers for it today at the local dealership I bought it from. My salesperson said that usually the car is no more than two days out from when they receive the certificate of origin - I hope so.

I wish I could have spent the extra $$$ on the 650 as well.. I decided to upgrade the tires, wheels, suspension, and body panels over the winter.
Those upgrades are going to be over 10K when I am done with them.
Congratulations on the signing of your paperwork sounds like your one step closer to finally seeing your car. Im sure all those upgrades you are doing over the winter are going to be awesome, can't wait to see some pics when it is all done. Right now I am sure you can hardly wait to get behind the wheel. The wait will be worth it!

The original time frame from LPE was 2 to 3 weeks to get my car back I think it will be a bit longer than that. Kevin @ LPE told me the other day that they have 12 to 14 Camaros there right now and lots of calls coming in so it sounds like they have their hands full.

Winters here in NM are fairly mild we get 1 or 2 severe snow storms per year.
What is nice about NM is we can get a foot of snow and the following afternoon it is all melted and dry. I'm sure there will be a few good days to go out and drive the toy. I hope you get your car soon so you can go out and enjoy that 570-LPE before the winter season. Let us all know when your car arrives at LPE.