Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-13-2013, 09:14 PM   #1
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Bad Lag or Belt slipping?

So my 2011 2LS generally has few issues however recently more so then in the past when i go to take off a little more spiritedly at a stop light or from my driveway my engine revs, the pedals down but it's like no power is going to my wheels or torque converter for a few seconds. My initial thought is throttle body but thats been cleaned and maintained since i got my catch can installed and again today it did it and it almost sounds like the belt is slipping if anyone else has any info or ideas maybe an answer it'd be much appreciated.

I asked my dealer so Chevy Cust. Service doesn't need to reply here because the dealer didn't think anything was wrong eventhough i replicated it on a drive-around with the tech who at the time said it's not normal.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:17 PM   #2
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
So my 2011 2LS generally has few issues however recently more so then in the past when i go to take off a little more spiritedly at a stop light or from my driveway my engine revs, the pedals down but it's like no power is going to my wheels or torque converter for a few seconds. My initial thought is throttle body but thats been cleaned and maintained since i got my catch can installed and again today it did it and it almost sounds like the belt is slipping if anyone else has any info or ideas maybe an answer it'd be much appreciated.

I asked my dealer so Chevy Cust. Service doesn't need to reply here because the dealer didn't think anything was wrong eventhough i replicated it on a drive-around with the tech who at the time said it's not normal.
You can't tell the converter isn't getting power.

It's def not belt slip.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #3
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Not really sure what it is my first thought was the torque converter or something not engaging properly. Really hoping it's not my transmission but thats atleast under warranty still.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 09-14-2013, 11:09 AM   #4
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
Not really sure what it is my first thought was the torque converter or something not engaging properly. Really hoping it's not my transmission but thats atleast under warranty still.

Most likely it is the converter or the trans but there is no way just to guess at what the problem is.

Have you checked the trans fluid? That's about all you can do from home. Other than it you'll need to bring it to the dealer.

Does it happen in reverse? If not then the converter is prob ok. The converter would affect every gear.

How does it shift while driving?
Old 09-14-2013, 11:33 AM   #5
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

it shifts alright no issues in reverse the only time it shifts odd is when it's in M6 and not D probably the same culprit involved. I'll need to check the trans fluid i get the feeling that may be an issue i havent had it changed and i'm just about at 50k miles now.

Old 09-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #6
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Have you done any recent mods?

Maybe it's as simple as a dirty trans filter.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #7
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

no performance mods persay last mod was the oil catch can back in i think may or june. I'm going with your trans fluid thought 50k seems like it's time for that maintenance.