Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 04-11-2010, 06:50 PM   #141
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
NO not me especially since I have a signed Lithograph
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #142
Jarhead
Semper Fi Camaro

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Aqua Blue LS3 Gauge PKG
Ummmmm, NOT A CHANCE IN HELL...........
Old 04-11-2010, 10:03 PM   #143
qbert48

Drives: 2SS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarhead View Post
Ummmmm, NOT A CHANCE IN HELL...........
+1000

welcome home
1100 4-27-09
6000 6-27-09

yes i got to the dance late don't hate me
qbert48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 10:14 PM   #144
shinzon
Night Fury

Drives: 2014 ZL1
No actually for my Daily and Only I require a car that is a kiddie hauler as well. I can rationalize the 426 hp with 3800lbs as it is fast but not scary fast. Another 125hp tq would be scary fast.

2014 Black ZL1 - Toothless -
Previous Lovers :2014 1LE , 2010 2SS RS,2004 GTO, 2000 Camaro SS x 2
shinzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:27 PM   #145
R1Ecko

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
The SS is a fine car. and even in 69 the SS wasn't "better" if by much. the Z28 was the better all around performer. just cause ole daddy had an SS you relate to that and that's fine. but wishing for the worst when it comes to a special car is absurd. that's like telling everyone you have the best car and because GM releases another car that is better you are hatting on it. get over it. GM isn't going to stand back and say we got it 100% right with the 2010 camaro SS. They aren't even leaving the SS alone. I can almost guarantee you the next generation SS will be lighter and have many standard features your beloved SS doesn't have. and I can just see you crying about that too. it's pretty childish if you ask me. . .
This guy was telling a story about what the SS moniker means to him and you crapped all over it. Let the kid (or grown up, I don't know how old this guy is) have his say. I for one love the idea of "SS king of the universe" because when I was a kid I saw a 70 chevelle 454 SS and I was in love. SS means muscle car to me the same as R/T and now SRT is to Dodge guys. It's an icon of straight line dominance and the Z was made first and foremost to fill an obligation for track racing. So SS only for me please. I have no grand delusions of needing a track ready suspension.
Old 04-12-2010, 04:00 AM   #146
phenixdragon

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I never been into Camaro's until the new model so I never watched them for anything but a buddy of mine was telling me that the SS was always supposed to be the higher model then the Z28.

Also I was reading that basically GM is on and off about the Z28 and the Z28 will be about $8,000 more then I think it was the 2SS but no where in the Corvette price range.
phenixdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 08:47 AM   #147
99-LS1-SS
Waiting...

Drives: 2009 G8 GXP M6
I've got a supercharged G8 GXP M6 and if the Z28 is the perfect storm (meaning LSA or LS9) then I'll consider selling mine for the Z28.
Suspension Mods: Pedders/Wretched basic drag pack - BMR trailing arms and toe rods
Misc Mods: Jamesbiz Catch can - GRRRR8 Heater hose relo kit

Last edited by 99-LS1-SS; 04-12-2010 at 09:02 AM. Reason: spelling
99-LS1-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:26 PM   #148
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Love is Foolish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texhawk View Post

The Z28 will likely cost as much as the base Corvette. Which would your rather have?

Perhaps you forget where Ya are, Tex. Corvettes are great, but there's nothing else like a Z-28.

Our passions are seldom based on logic. I don't think for a minute an equal driver in the top of the heap Z 28 could keep up with a Z06, but I want to drive the Camaro anyway. When you love something (or someone) it doesn't have to make sense.

Besides that, I still think you'll have a wad of $$ left over to party with. I still expect the Camaro to cost less than the 'vette.

... and if I feel the need to use up a Corvette, I'll drive my bike.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:03 PM   #149
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
But it will be. Just like the GT500 is a supercharged Mustang GT. Right?
Both mustangs are a P.O.S.

Why are you REALLY on this Forum?
To Promote fords?
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 02:46 PM   #150
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post

Perhaps you forget where Ya are, Tex. Corvettes are great, but there's nothing else like a Z-28.

Our passions are seldom based on logic. I don't think for a minute an equal driver in the top of the heap Z 28 could keep up with a Z06, but I want to drive the Camaro anyway. When you love something (or someone) it doesn't have to make sense.

Besides that, I still think you'll have a wad of $$ left over to party with. I still expect the Camaro to cost less than the 'vette.

... and if I feel the need to use up a Corvette, I'll drive my bike.

Except I couldn't afford a Z06... and I don't have a 'Busa, lol Also, I think comparing any 'Vette to a 'Busa, in almost any performance arena, is like comparing a Fiat Panda to an SS, lol; I get what you're saying though If GM can get me a Z28 close to how I want it, and I can squeaze it into my budget, I'm all over it like stink on sh*t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
Both mustangs are a P.O.S.

Why are you REALLY on this Forum?
To Promote fords?
While I can see where you're coming from, I think it's safe to say he's not going to let us develop any delusions of grandeur, lol. Maybe, IMVHO, cut him a little slack. I think he's a car-guy, and can appreciate even Camaro That's just me though

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #151
louperrault
Former 2010 owner :(

Drives: 2011 Siverado C/C
Nope, I will stick with the SS. I have the money to own both but I prefer the SS that I ordered and waited for
Give the mustang guy a break. Ford builds a great car in the mustang and just because we choose to own GM (Chevy Camaro's) we do not have the right to tell someone else how to spend the $$$ ' s they earn. The guy also is carsmart (most call car guy) . I have owner alot of Camaro's but I have also owned Mustangs, Roadrunners, GTX, Chevelle's, so we should not push off on someone we don't personally know.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #152
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by louperrault View Post
Ford builds a great car in the mustang and just because we choose to own GM (Chevy Camaro's) we do not have the right to tell someone else how to spend the $$$ ' s they earn.

This is true too. To each his own, live & let live.

For a good while, 'Stangs set the bar. A healthy rivalry is a good thing, it keeps the competitors both in top shape. As the twisted and evil, but oh so wise Joker said, " Why so serious ?"

Truth be told, I used to drive a Lincoln Mark V in college. It handled like a Land Yacht, and that 460 with the four barrel carb sucked down the cheap gas, but it was fun, and my rivalry then was with the Caddys. ( BTW, there really is enough room in the back to play naked twister. )

My motto is this: If you're having fun, it's cool, but if you're getting bent out of shape, you're twisted.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #153
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Well, . . . i wouldn't sell my SS to get a Z28. However i would indeed hold out and not order my SS in anticipation of a Z28 release! Which is what i have decided to do and its agonizing!

GIMMEH MAH Z28 NAOW!!!
Old 05-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #154
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z28RockStar View Post
Well, . . . i wouldn't sell my SS to get a Z28. However i would indeed hold out and not order my SS in anticipation of a Z28 release! Which is what i have decided to do and its agonizing!

GIMMEH MAH Z28 NAOW!!!
Hey blake, where's old red. With your kind of money you should be able to get both.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote