Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-05-2014, 10:20 PM   #29
rgreene1971

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Would love to be a part of this if you guys ever decide to hold another day like this one.

COMP Cams XFI Street/Strip, Lingenfelter LS3 Heads, AHR Long tube headers + X pipe, FAST LSXR 102mm Intake manifold, LMR Cold air intake, Flowmaster 3" stainless steel exhaust, NoWeeds Exhaust cutouts, Platinum Valve spring kit, ZEX NOS system 175hp shot, Eibach Pro-Kit performance lowering springs (1" drop all around), Custom grills, bumper ports, etc....
rgreene1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #30
KRich2587

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1LE
He told me straight up don't go so hard with the stock cooler lol
KRich2587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:02 PM   #31
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Man this was a blast!

I was the BRM 13' RS. Best time was 2:11. I think good for a first timer.

I hit 128mph on the straight away once. During the 4th session my ACS T-5 splitter came loose and I felt a crazy vibration at over 100mph. I thought I blew a tire. I was on the last lap of the session so I just drove slow and gave everyone point by's. A quick fix in the garage and I was out for the 5th session. I got stuck behind a 45th edition Camaro with no courtesy point by....

It was good to see you and your 1LE in person. I can't wait to install my "Red" 1LE Brembo brakes soon. I was going to ask if I could ride along to see how you drive and learn some tips but I caught up in the moment and forgot to ask you. lol

You missed Bryon spinning out on the last session! I think he *hit some brinks thinking he broke his car. After a quick ignition restart he was off and running again.

Oh, and welcome to the Inland Empire Camaro Club!
You ran with the stock brakes?
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:32 PM   #32
KRich2587

nothing wrong with taking a completely stock car out. People get caught up in making their car track ready but how do you know what improvements you've made without trying before hand? Just make sure your tires are good and have enough pad left and hit the track!!
Old 05-05-2014, 11:42 PM   #33
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRich2587 View Post
nothing wrong with taking a completely stock car out. People get caught up in making their car track ready but how do you know what improvements you've made without trying before hand? Just make sure your tires are good and have enough pad left and hit the track!!
Oh ok. Brakes and tires were the only things holding me back
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:55 AM   #34
Orange Crush 1LE

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Man, that is just awesome guys. Cornerspeed, you were cooking for a stock 1LE, I can't believe that time! I don't know the track but can tell by the cars you are mixing it up with, you were flat flying, LOL.

The yellow Z06 is driven by a friend of mine, Jesse. Good guy, I met him at Buttonwillow at his first ever tracking event, he's clearly come a long way and just barely edged you despite his HP and weight advantages. Jesse ran a 1:40 at Willow Springs when I was there, then recently a 1:34 with slicks the next time out. He's hooked like us.

And Kirk, kicking ass and taking names! Tell us the truth, this isn't really your 6th track day

Cornerspeed, don't laugh but I bought a Roval track decal that was going on my back window next to Buttonwillow, Thunderhill and Willow Springs. Mark my words, I'll get a chance to apply that decal. I'll be running NASA time trials at Sonoma and Laguna Seca this year, along with Thunderhill and maybe Buttonwillow. Hopefully we will finally meet up and track one day soon.

Must have been cool to run with 11 Camaros. Good times gentlemen.
Buttonwillow Raceway: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=389086
Orange Crush 1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 03:46 AM   #35
SS PANTHER

Drives: 2013 SS Supercharged Convertible
That was awesome. Can convertibles run if they have a roll bar system?
SS PANTHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 07:34 AM   #36
KRich2587

yes verts can run with roll bars... Todd don't take the one thing im naturally good at away from me lol although I maintain its the car not the driver I have a long ways to go
Old 05-06-2014, 11:19 AM   #37
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Hi guys. I ran in an HPDE at Texas world speedway in a stock SS this weekend. Oil temps were at the third tick but pressure was same as street use. 3rd gear on the track to redline with a 3-4 shift on the main straight.

I am using Pennzoil Ultra Euro 5w-30, which is a European spec oil with an HTHS of 3.7 (meaning it holds viscosity at high temps). I get it on Amazon. Might be worth trying.
wakespeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 11:49 AM   #38
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
You ran with the stock brakes?
I have Goodyear tires on. (See below in my sig) The tires alone made a HUGE difference in the corners.

Quote:
Amen. I see too many peeps just have garage queens and modding the heck out of the cars waiting for the perfect track set up but they never go to the track! My main reason for staying with the OEM V6 brakes at my first real track event was to see and feel the difference when I upgrade to my SS Brembo's.

I also have a 1LE suspension track pack waiting to install but I want to install the Brembo's first, track the car, then install the 1LE suspension so I can feel what changes were made.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:03 PM   #39
Spoolin

Drives: 2014 SW 1LE
Cornerspeed, this looks like a great little gtg that you put on! Please include me in your next round of invites if you would. I have a 2014 summit white 1LE that I have yet to take to the track but have been itching to. Only track event I ever did was in my race truck put on by truckin magazine, it was so fun that I went out and bought myself a real track car!! (my 1LE)

Thanks for the updates and sharing your experience!
Spoolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 01:12 PM   #40
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrichic View Post
First Time out but will not be my last. Had a Blast. Most fun i had in a long time. I think i found a New Hobby. I'll be running with the big boys soon. Ordering my 1LE in late July. Can't wait. Love my LT/RS but i need MORE.
It was really good you guy's made it out, and glad you're coming back. I too had a 1LT/RS, wait til you feel the difference when you run your 1LE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgreene1971 View Post
Would love to be a part of this if you guys ever decide to hold another day like this one.
Oh yeah it will happen again and would love to have you there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Crush 1LE View Post
Man, that is just awesome guys. Cornerspeed, you were cooking for a stock 1LE, I can't believe that time! I don't know the track but can tell by the cars you are mixing it up with, you were flat flying, LOL.

The yellow Z06 is driven by a friend of mine, Jesse. Good guy, I met him at Buttonwillow at his first ever tracking event, he's clearly come a long way and just barely edged you despite his HP and weight advantages. Jesse ran a 1:40 at Willow Springs when I was there, then recently a 1:34 with slicks the next time out. He's hooked like us.

And Kirk, kicking ass and taking names! Tell us the truth, this isn't really your 6th track day

Cornerspeed, don't laugh but I bought a Roval track decal that was going on my back window next to Buttonwillow, Thunderhill and Willow Springs. Mark my words, I'll get a chance to apply that decal. I'll be running NASA time trials at Sonoma and Laguna Seca this year, along with Thunderhill and maybe Buttonwillow. Hopefully we will finally meet up and track one day soon.

Must have been cool to run with 11 Camaros. Good times gentlemen.
Thanks Todd, yeah i brought my A game. I was 7th fastest overall, but that's mixing apples and oranges as the 1st 5 are actually "RACECARS" so on a level playing field i was 2nd fastest only to a Z-O6. I finished 2nd by like what...a lug nut.Here are the times, open the dates and click on May 4th. I too am in the same quandary.I have Miller motorsports park, but have to wait til Aug. to earn that badge. http://www.speedventures.com/results/Default.aspx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin View Post
Cornerspeed, this looks like a great little gtg that you put on! Please include me in your next round of invites if you would. I have a 2014 summit white 1LE that I have yet to take to the track but have been itching to. Only track event I ever did was in my race truck put on by truckin magazine, it was so fun that I went out and bought myself a real track car!! (my 1LE)

Thanks for the updates and sharing your experience!
Of course, you are more then welcome to run with us. Maybe with getting the homepage again we will have 10 1LE's next time.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:24 PM   #41
KRich2587

thats pretty cool seeing our cars on the main page!!
Old 05-06-2014, 01:53 PM   #42
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Quote:
thats pretty cool seeing our cars on the main page!!
I love the video where were running together, so thats what it looks like to have a 1LE climbing all over your @ss