Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-06-2012, 07:21 PM   #85
ghostrider2

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow ZL1 Vert/M6
where is the amp installed on the vert? I am wondering can I replace it with my own amp.

Are there more pics of peoples installs?
Old 05-11-2012, 04:35 PM   #86
Chiefs Fan

Drives: 11 Vert, 2SS/RS, M6, Victory Red
We just did our upgrade to Vert yesterday. The one with BA upgraded system! I can truly say that I am in Camaro heaven enjoying the crisp, detailed, louder sound. The upgrade included ********'s Hybrid Audio, Unity, Component Speakers and mounts in the front. The rear side panel Infinity Kappa's. The Kicker 10'' free air subwoofer mounted in the factory hole (with ********s mount). A JLAudio 750 (5 channel) amp installed at the factory location with the ******** mounting bracket. And I cannot forget the famous "FARK" kit. I lined the side panels and sub cavity with Hush Mat. Alot of people on the forum talk about the lack of bass at the factory sub location; that begs the question - how much bass do you need???? My rear view mirror shakes with every percussed beat almost to the point of nausea! I want to thank Steve for his great equipment and excellent service and support. I would also like to thank CooG and Math on this forum with all their input on this upgrade.
Chiefs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 09:25 PM   #87
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs Fan View Post
We just did our upgrade to Vert yesterday. The one with BA upgraded system! I can truly say that I am in Camaro heaven enjoying the crisp, detailed, louder sound. The upgrade included ********'s Hybrid Audio, Unity, Component Speakers and mounts in the front. The rear side panel Infinity Kappa's. The Kicker 10'' free air subwoofer mounted in the factory hole (with ********s mount). A JLAudio 750 (5 channel) amp installed at the factory location with the ******** mounting bracket. And I cannot forget the famous "FARK" kit. I lined the side panels and sub cavity with Hush Mat. Alot of people on the forum talk about the lack of bass at the factory sub location; that begs the question - how much bass do you need???? My rear view mirror shakes with every percussed beat almost to the point of nausea! I want to thank Steve for his great equipment and excellent service and support. I would also like to thank CooG and Math on this forum with all their input on this upgrade.
Glad to hear you like it Luis. Those Unity speakers are nice speakers. Post up some pics when you get a chance
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 07:10 AM   #88
Augie1978

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Vert
I read through this thread, I would like to swap out my factory speakers and add an amp if need be but dont want to have to do alot of cuting, etc. Just a plug and play recommendation if possible to end up with a system that sounds better than stock. What equipment would you guys recommend for an easy/better sounding system. I am not into the big bass subwoofer sound. Budget not really a problem.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:08 AM   #89
ghostrider2

so how good really does the sub sound mounted behind the seat compared with a ******** stealth box?
Old 05-16-2012, 04:55 PM   #90
Chiefs Fan

Drives: 11 Vert, 2SS/RS, M6, Victory Red
With the new 10" sub mounted at the factory location (powered by one of the outputs on JLAudio 750) I doubt if the cars in the front, back, and side of you will feel your sub; they may hear it. You should be able to feel and hear it; unless you are a real banger and need to shake the street you are driving on and let people know you are coming down the road. In this case you may need to stealth box. This is my opinion. I listen to classic and modern rock, modern country and I think it sounds exceptional. You do need to insulate that cavity that the speaker mounts into. You will see it when you flip the back of the rear seat forward.
Chiefs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #91
ghostrider2

Not trying to be rude to others when listening to my music, but I love deep solid bass and loved my W7 in my 01 Camaro SS coupe. If my W7 won't fit in the stock hole then I either have to purchase a new sub or a stealth box for the trunk...
Old 04-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #92
Cruuzin LV

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary
Do you think you can get away with a 4" speaker in the rear instead of the 3.5" without having to cut anything?
Cruuzin LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #93
Steve@Subthump
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS IOM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider2 View Post
so how good really does the sub sound mounted behind the seat compared with a ******** stealth box?
A sub in the trunk stealth enclosure is waay better.
Steve@Subthump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:34 PM   #94
Z/28Dan

Drives: 2013 HWSE Indy Festial #26
Old thread ***alert***

I have the Fark and JL Audio amp installed and now it's time for speakers. Any pics and/or recommendations for the rears and fronts?

Dan
Z/28Dan is offline   Reply With Quote