Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #15
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
We ordered Oct. 17 and have no car. Thanks GM, great customer service. Any way I'm done (pretty much) whinning about it. She is on a truck now after spending 20 days on a train, and hopefully to Dealer by Wednesday.
rmpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:22 AM   #16
lmeagle

Drives: Red Jewel 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmpackers View Post
We ordered Oct. 17 and have no car. Thanks GM, great customer service. Any way I'm done (pretty much) whinning about it. She is on a truck now after spending 20 days on a train, and hopefully to Dealer by Wednesday.
Who told you it was on a truck. I think it was waiting for a trucker.
lmeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:24 AM   #17
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
I just want to clarify something - your dealer is actually the one to blame. Why? Because they allowed you to place your order without telling you about the allocation process. If you ordered October 17th and you are only getting your car now, your dealer obviously had a few orders before yours. In all likelyhood, your dealership had not earned an allocation to build your car until recently.

Can this process be improved? Definitely - I will be discussing this issue with senior management at GM to see if the allocation process can be improved within current legislation. GM needs to be able to use allocation as a way to motivate and award dealerships for good business. Currently, laws and internal process do not allow this to happen.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:38 AM   #18
WAY2FAST

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
I just want to clarify something - your dealer is actually the one to blame. Why? Because they allowed you to place your order without telling you about the allocation process. If you ordered October 17th and you are only getting your car now, your dealer obviously had a few orders before yours. In all likelyhood, your dealership had not earned an allocation to build your car until recently.

Can this process be improved? Definitely - I will be discussing this issue with senior management at GM to see if the allocation process can be improved within current legislation. GM needs to be able to use allocation as a way to motivate and award dealerships for good business. Currently, laws and internal process do not allow this to happen.
I respectfully disagree with you sir! I ordered 10/24 with a clear understanding of the allocation process. I was the 4th out of his 5 allocated. The first 3 have been delivered, and mine was poduced on 6/25. Mine was scheduled for delivery 7/7, but I just found ou it has een delayed and is now back to 3800. The dealer has been invoiced, and I have a vin, but I must now continue to wait indefinately. I didn't expect them to build/deliver mine before anyone who ordered before me, and nobody should have been able to cut in line in front of me....
Respectfully/frustrated!
Your thoughts???
WAY2FAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:40 AM   #19
Hylton

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY2FAST View Post
I respectfully disagree with you sir! I ordered 10/24 with a clear understanding of the allocation process. I was the 4th out of his 5 allocated. The first 3 have been delivered, and mine was poduced on 6/25. Mine was scheduled for delivery 7/7, but I just found ou it has een delayed and is now back to 3800. The dealer has been invoiced, and I have a vin, but I must now continue to wait indefinately. I didn't expect them to build/deliver mine before anyone who ordered before me, and nobody should have been able to cut in line in front of me....
Respectfully/frustrated!
Your thoughts???
Have you checked our "Bayed" thread?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:44 AM   #20
rmpackers
Ride this Chevy

Drives: 2010 RJT RS Camaro
Quote:

My biggest complaint is that no one has ever had any two stories that matched. There IS plenty of blame to go around between GM and dealers, and customers that always want things now. We were 5th on the list and have had 6 or 7 cars delivered before us. The "allocation" system is badly in need of repair and I would love to discuss it with Fritz. Also this old way of thinking about the dealers and GM are not the same entity is why the largest corp. in the world has had to go through bankruptcy.
rmpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #21
Hylton

Quote:
My biggest complaint is that no one has ever had any two stories that matched. There IS plenty of blame to go around between GM and dealers, and customers that always want things now. We were 5th on the list and have had 6 or 7 cars delivered before us. The "allocation" system is badly in need of repair and I would love to discuss it with Fritz. Also this old way of thinking about the dealers and GM are not the same entity is why the largest corp. in the world has had to go through bankruptcy.
I whole heartedly agree and I hope you will spend some time to raise your important points with Fritz Henderson when his blog goes online shortly. He specifically wants to speak with people such as yourself.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #22
WAY2FAST

Quote:
Have you checked our "Bayed" thread?
I can not seem to find anything helpfull on that combersome thread.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:50 AM   #23
Hylton

Quote:
I can not seem to find anything helpfull on that combersome thread.
Post your order number and VIN number on there and Larry will inquire on the status of your car. I believe it is currently in Quality Control but Larry can confirm it for you tomorrow morning as long as you post this afternoon.

The reports which Larry posts on that site will also track the progress of your car through to the point that it is delivered to your dealership. I think you will find this service of great value.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:57 AM   #24
WAY2FAST

Quote:
Post your order number and VIN number on there and Larry will inquire on the status of your car. I believe it is currently in Quality Control but Larry can confirm it for you tomorrow morning as long as you post this afternoon.

The reports which Larry posts on that site will also track the progress of your car through to the point that it is delivered to your dealership. I think you will find this service of great value.
OK,
I'll give it a try...That is the thread with about 100+ Pages...Right?
Thanks!
Old 07-13-2009, 12:00 PM   #25
Hylton

Quote:
OK,
I'll give it a try...That is the thread with about 100+ Pages...Right?
Thanks!
Yes but you do not have to read through it all. Just go to the last page and post your cars info. Look for the new report to come out tomorrow morning which will tell you where your car is.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:14 PM   #26
WAY2FAST

Thanks for all your help!
Old 07-13-2009, 02:22 PM   #27
ctk1
Camarofanatic

Drives: 1969 SS, 1998 RS, 2010 VR 2SS/RS
Quote:
Stop your crying and get in line about 4 months behind me!
Hey, I'll cry all I want. If you never speak up about not being satisfied, then nothing will ever chenge. If you want to sit there at 1100 and grin and take it, so be it, but don't tell me that I have no reason to be upset. When I order I was told May, and then June, then I heard late July, and now they are telling me SEPTEMBER! WTF! I live right near the dealer so I know that they have not gotten any other cars in so its not like they bumped somebody ahead of me. I understand that the allocation process rewards good dealers, but dont punish customers that happen to live near the sucky dealers!
ctk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #28
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
I have no idea how they do it lol, I would love to wait for green but I'm tired of waiting.
I did it by having a cooperative dealer. Went in, told him I wanted Summit White. He changed my priority in the system to "99", which pushed me to the bottom of the list. When Summit White went "live", we changed the order in Workbench, changed the priority and pushed it into the system on his 1st available production allocation slot. Delivery will occur around 8/20. VIN 33825.