Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #57
Sloppy Joe

Drives: 2SS RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig View Post
I somehow doubt these rental places have a lot full of Camaros that you can just walk right up and rent. You surely have to reserve one in advance and the waiting list is a mile long I'll bet.
So I guess they should do a pre-rental-order program for those people waiting to rent a Camaro. I can imagine a whole new AVIS Forum springing up where people talk about how long they have been waiting to rent a Camaro, what color they are going to rent, what options the rental has, track where their rental car is, etc. They could call it Avis5.com

Last edited by Sloppy Joe; 04-29-2009 at 01:34 PM.
Sloppy Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:24 PM   #58
BRobes05
B-rad

Drives: Chevrolet Cavalier
Send a message via AIM to BRobes05
What a lucky bunch of people who get to rent them. I checked in my area and had no luck. Anyone else check in their area?
BRobes05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:31 PM   #59
Thrynn

Drives: '92 RS
I will swing by that hotel on the way home and see if it's still there and try to grab a VIN shot and find out more info. I've already tried the Avis customer service to get one for the weekend, no go. Apparently, determining the location of a specific car is borderline rocket science. You have to know exactly where it is for them to find it....
Thrynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #60
avol2
2G1FT1EWXA9104709

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtG View Post
I feel sorry to all that preordered.
????????????????????? Please don't.... We are anxious and excited... not sad....

Hey and we all lent them money.... Including us that pre-ordered.. and our pre-ordering has nothing to do with it.. its all about the Camaro

~~~~~~~~~~~
Julie
aka aVOL2 (because I ride a VOLusia Too)
avol2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #61
FNKNSTN
Banned

Drives: A Black Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by avol2 View Post
????????????????????? Please don't.... We are anxious and excited... not sad....

Hey and we all lent them money.... Including us that pre-ordered.. and our pre-ordering has nothing to do with it.. its all about the Camaro
Anxious... excited... and tired of waiting. It's been 6 months for me. And it just gets more frustrating with every SS that is delivered on the west coast to someone other than me. Just getting tired.
FNKNSTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:04 PM   #62
myblackcamaros

Drives: #156 ZL575, 97 SS, 87 IROC-Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
So I guess they should do a pre-rental-order program for those people waiting to rent a Camaro. I can imagine a whole new AVIS Forum springing up where people talk about how long they have been waiting to rent a Camaro, what color they are going to rent, what options the rental has, track where their rental car is, etc. They could call it Avis5.com
:l aughabove:
myblackcamaros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:36 PM   #63
Sanctus
Future Camaro Owner :)

Drives: Chrysler 300M Special
Quote:
Originally Posted by AIA_GTO View Post
Does anyone have a list of what cities they are available in? I just looked up the Chicago area and no one seems to have it.
Yea, I checked all over Chicago too and no dice. I'm thinking about renting one of these puppies for my last day of school/prom. Would be awesome to drive in with an SS Camaro than the Honda Civic I have now... :(

Hurry up Avis!
Old 04-29-2009, 03:40 PM   #64
marcajrfan

Drives: 2012 crt lt 1 rs,silver stripes
avis?! what about us!
Old 04-29-2009, 03:58 PM   #65
Tango16

Drives: 67 RS/SS
It's unbelievable how the members here don't undestand GM as a business. They would screw every die-hard here to turn a few extra bucks with any rental company. They don't build or design for the love of the car. They do it fora buck. Wake up and get over the love affair. This isn't the Company of the 60's, it's a bunch of incompetents running the company into the ground. They couldn't use the bailout money effectively, they're going bankrupt and selling off thousands of dealerships. it's a race to see how many of us actually get our camaros before they go under all together. You can bash Ford all yuo want, but 2 years from now they will be honoring their warranties. Gm is dead.
Tango16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 05:01 PM   #66
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
^^^^^^^ BLASPHEMY !!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy Joe View Post
They could call it Avis5.com
Now that is some funny sheeit
Old 04-29-2009, 06:04 PM   #67
Thrynn

Drives: '92 RS
Of course, it was gone when I when I stopped by this evening so no VIN. BUT, I did see a silver SS driving on Peachtree St (downtown Atlanta).
Thrynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:16 PM   #68
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango16 View Post
It's unbelievable how the members here don't undestand GM as a business. They would screw every die-hard here to turn a few extra bucks with any rental company. They don't build or design for the love of the car. They do it fora buck. Wake up and get over the love affair. This isn't the Company of the 60's, it's a bunch of incompetents running the company into the ground. They couldn't use the bailout money effectively, they're going bankrupt and selling off thousands of dealerships. it's a race to see how many of us actually get our camaros before they go under all together. You can bash Ford all yuo want, but 2 years from now they will be honoring their warranties. Gm is dead.
stop it....the primary role of a business is to make money...the people who designed the car are not the same people who make the financial decisions....those who designed the camaro are extremely passionate and all of us saw how much they cared to make their art a reality...just ask f-bod

and gm's problem have a lot more to do with government regulations like c.a.f.e and horrible just horrible uaw contracts made when gm and ford were the only games in town....but in todays world have made it very difficult for them to compete when they are paying more to retired workers healthcare than their actual working workers....
Old 04-29-2009, 06:36 PM   #69
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by orange_5thgen View Post
Sorry, there is still something wrong when you can go rent a new Camaro before all us die hards have received ours.

Well, then again I guess Avis has the cash so why can't they get a bunch of them.

Oh well, still just waiting for mine.
Keep in mind the Owner(s)/Managers at Avis are people too and they can put in thier own Pre-Orders just like others on this site have. They could have Pre-Order with the full intent of Renting on their own dime to boost Business and thier Bonuses.

Think about how many people have already lined up to rent it.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #70
BigTrap1967

Drives: 1969 396SS yellow w/ black str
This is absolutely terrible I feel like I got cheated.I would have never reordered this car if I would have knew GM was going to pull this sh!t and what f up I paid over sticker. I was under the impression that I was going to be part of an elite group of early camaro owners but it looks like by the time we get our car every tom dick and harry will have driven one.we supported Gm and look how we got treated.I am very piss offed!
BigTrap1967 is offline   Reply With Quote