Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 12-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #15
Bethgrce

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black/IOM
Thought I would post this up.....my husband actually read the paperwork that came with my new registration notice and it says that new cars have four years until they have to have an emission test! So I called MVD and sure enough that is right, but they count it as two registrations (this would be my third year) Well I told them it doesn't say that in the paperwork, just 4 years...so she sent me a pass emissions sheet to include with my registration and told me to register it for two years and I was good!
Bethgrce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:16 PM   #16
Bethgrce

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black/IOM
One other piece of information. The other day my check engine light came on and I hit the onstar button and asked them to diagnose the problem..kind of cool....they said it was my oxygen sensor and I needed to take to my dealer within 7 days...anyway...I took it in on Friday and they said it was being caused by my diverters being wide open all the time! Hell...I don't want to close them....anyway they said I needed to close them some and when I do have to get my emissions checked to close them for at least a week so that the pressure can build up for when they test the emissions! Otherwise he said I would fail! Anyone have any issues with this? Curt or Scott??????
Bethgrce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #17
AngelSpeedFreak
Most hated in NM....

Drives: Sold the 6POINT2, went to a 50THZ06
I heard the same thing from a coworker of mine. He said that I shouldn't have to worry about emissions until 2014 since I have a 2010..... Again, I just moved to ABQ so its all new to me. Great to know however. At least I get a reprieve for the next couple of years.

Thanks for posting up Beth... Really glad to hear he was correct.