Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-13-2012, 09:37 AM   #29
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I could be wrong, but I swear I have seen Dylan say exactly what I said before, lol.

In any case, nobody is disputing the quality of Adam's towels. They are very good, albeit a little expensive for my tastes. Equal or better quality towels can be had for a fraction of the price.

*Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety*
Depends a lot on the CD... some of the DVD-R I have are softer than butter on an arizona sidewalk in summer. If you sneeze near them they scratch. LOL.

Because of the inconsistencies in the discs you are right, there is no way to use the CD test as an absolute measure, but more of a "which one scratches less" test. I have done a dozen or so tests on CD's and there are many that our towels won't scratch, but the stuff from target, costco, wallyworld, etc. will.

In the end the only true test is on the car you'll be using them on. Assuming they're coming from a reputable source and are of good quality it shouldn't be a concern.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 04:55 PM   #30
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan@Adams View Post
Depends a lot on the CD... some of the DVD-R I have are softer than butter on an arizona sidewalk in summer. If you sneeze near them they scratch. LOL.

Because of the inconsistencies in the discs you are right, there is no way to use the CD test as an absolute measure, but more of a "which one scratches less" test. I have done a dozen or so tests on CD's and there are many that our towels won't scratch, but the stuff from target, costco, wallyworld, etc. will.

In the end the only true test is on the car you'll be using them on. Assuming they're coming from a reputable source and are of good quality it shouldn't be a concern.
See, I do listen to you
Old 12-13-2012, 06:13 PM   #31
Good_Times

Drives: red
I have never purchased mf towels from Costco but I do have over 200 towels from : Sams Club, AG ,Detail Image, Pak Shak, TowelPros and Microfiber Tech. I have never gone by the cd test due to the various type of disc available. With enough pressure on a disc almost any towel will scratch. From the research I have done there are only a few producers of mf towels from Korea or China (major players). My towels go into the house washer and dryer with Tide with vinegar added into the rinse cycle. When doing a waterless or rinse less wash or removing wax haze remember you are not sanding down a car. A light touch is all that is required.

PS: You will find paints that you can not touch without minor marring reguardless of towel used. Can't blame the towel for soft paint.

Last edited by Good_Times; 12-14-2012 at 05:58 AM.
Good_Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:50 AM   #32
ryan's camaro
Taeng

Drives: Fast
I use Costco MF towels. Cheap and does the job. Haven't had any problems with em.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #33
Trah

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Autopia or autogeek depending on current sales

*Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety*
so after looking through their numerous types of towels, could you recommend some to me that you would use with a waterless wash? i'm thinking of getting some adams WW but their towels do seem a bit expensive...
Trah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #34
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
You get what you pay for. I have a few from Adams, great towels not the cheapest but for the money it will hold up well and perform flawlessly.

I have also a few towels from Zaino Bros. ALL THE $$$$ but in my opinion nothing better. I use these for lsp removal and after I mist detail spray only.

Haven't tried Cosco for anything other than paper towels and toilet paper...... they do serve nice snacks on sunday....
Old 12-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #35
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trah View Post
so after looking through their numerous types of towels, could you recommend some to me that you would use with a waterless wash? i'm thinking of getting some adams WW but their towels do seem a bit expensive...
With waterless wash, something waffle weave is nice.

You could also use the cobra supreme or sonus der wunder.

I don't think I've ever seen a bad towel sold there, so you really can't go wrong. I prefer something with a shorter nap for ww because the longer nap can drag when it gets wet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-15-2012, 07:28 PM   #36
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
I like these for waterless and rinseless washes.

http://www.autogeek.net/super-soft-m...er-towels.html

And these for drying.

http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-waffle-weave.html

Both of these often come up on Autogeeks buy one get free specials.
David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #37
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by David79z28 View Post
I like these for waterless and rinseless washes.

http://www.autogeek.net/super-soft-m...er-towels.html

And these for drying.

http://www.autogeek.net/cobra-waffle-weave.html

Both of these often come up on Autogeeks buy one get free specials.
With Autopia you get a permanent 10% off regular price and we price match as well!
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:21 PM   #38
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trah View Post
I use what are called the supreme 530 (gray towel). These towels work great IMO! Haven't had experience with Adams towels

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #39
ginsberg2@hotmail.com
Account Suspended

Drives: ls3 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam's Polishes View Post
All of our products carry a 110% money-back guarantee, so you can't go wrong to give them a whirl. If you don't like them, for any reason, we will take them back, plus give you extra money back for your trouble.

i'll take a million dollars worth please. if i send them back, i'll get $1,100,000.00 back.
hmmm...instant 10% rate of return.

just kidding.
please reply with a website where i can buy your towels. i'd like to try a dozen.
best regards
ginsberg2@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 06:06 PM   #40
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginsberg2@hotmail.com View Post
i'll take a million dollars worth please. if i send them back, i'll get $1,100,000.00 back.

just kidding.
please reply with a website where i can buy your towels. i'd like to try a dozen.
best regards
That's a solid idea. Might as well make it $10,000,000 then.

Here's a link to our website, specifically the towel section:

http://www.adamspolishes.com/c-5-mic...plicators.aspx

Be sure to use the coupon code HOLIDAY12, it gets you 10% off storewide and free ground shipping if your order is over $99!
Old 12-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #41
Adam's Polishes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginsberg2@hotmail.com View Post

just kidding.
best regards
Best investment strategy EVER!!
Old 12-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #42
David79z28

Drives: 79Z28 and 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd@Autopia View Post
With Autopia you get a permanent 10% off regular price and we price match as well!
Do you match their BOGO offers as well?
David79z28 is offline   Reply With Quote